oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, YouAreBoateng said:

Completely different viewpoint, do we think Boro will be put off by Larsen's media antics?

I can only feel for the lad if there's been an agreement in place to let him go for the right money and the goalposts have been moved because multiple clubs are interested, that isn't fair. 

I'm sure we would've all liked more money for Tav but he wanted to go so we allowed it. Suppose it's a different sitch with no concrete interest from others clubs though. 

Who knows!

I'm more interested in what the plan B is if we can't sign him.

If we are looking for a target man with that amount of athleticism and link up, I wonder if Adebajo would be the next option.

Edited by Pork Slops
11 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Zlatan has been disrespected. Zlatan is displeased. Zlatan will now in turn disrespect those who have disrespected him by laying down Zlatan’s tools until he is once again respected. I am Zlatan and I will be heard and I will have my satisfaction.

Has Zlatan spent another long afternoon in the Top House?

5 minutes ago, YouAreBoateng said:

That would make a lot of sense. It certainly does benefit us as it leaves them in a tough situation. I really don't think we bid again though, I think it's just a waiting game now. 

It's going to be a long two weeks! 

I doubt we go higher, three bids seems like you'd probably be at your maximum. What I could see is a potential restructuring of the same bid, moving some more money up front or whatever.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Will said:

I doubt we go higher, three bids seems like you'd probably be at your maximum. What I could see is a potential restructuring of the same bid, moving some more money up front or whatever.

That's a good point.

We do seem tough negotiators of late, apart from the Tav deal but I believe we let him go out of respect for him especially if we had promised. I don't think that's going to change anytime soon either especially given the akpom resurgence and the forss, hoppe signings. 

I would say the power is slowly transferring to us in this situation.

1 hour ago, El Guapo said:

I can’t believe we would behave in such a manner!

This never would have happened under Keith Lamb!

Larsen would still be awaiting a fax with instructions on how to act

Wilder as a problem, both Fry and Lenahan can't play left side CB , I think Fry has told him he's not playing there , he's refusing hence the cold shoulder , you can't blame him , his form would dip , and from being one of the better CB in the league to an average one, with less of a chance of a  premiership.move, 

Is a move on now.?

I think Wilder certainly prefers Lenihan probably because he’s his signing. That’s his prerogative. It all depends on whether the club are happy to let Fry leave. I don’t imagine Fry will be happy sitting on the bench but I don’t imagine Wilder will want to lose, who he see’s as, his back up centre half.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, kentucky said:

Wilder as a problem, both Fry and Lenahan can't play left side CB , I think Fry has told him he's not playing there , he's refusing hence the cold shoulder , you can't blame him , his form would dip , and from being one of the better CB in the league to an average one, with less of a chance of a  premiership.move, 

Is a move on now.?

Is it not more Fry has told him he cant play there with his performances in the pre season games and cup game on Wednesday? He has been given a decent chunk of minutes to prove aptitude in the role.

I sometimes get a little bit of info at games. It’s been spot on all summer so no reason to doubt it. Apparently Greaves has/is very close to signing (I was told he signed yesterday), but that seems a quick turnaround from playing for Hull on Saturday to putting pen to paper on Sunday. But he’s keen either way I think.

Before we signed Forss, I was told we’re hoping to invest £20m+ in the squad. So we’re trying. Obviously I don’t know on who etc and if that includes wages, just something I’d heard. So seems there’s money there without having to sell Fry.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

He is a young kid still, hugely ambitious and clearly driven, that is a good sign for me. I don’t see him as being disrespectful, especially when we do not know the full facts, only the snippets (sorry) translated. Culture comes into it too as someone stated. But, if we do sign him, maybe we should appease the Norse gods and burn him anyway, just to be on the safe side.

42 minutes ago, EstonSmog said:

I sometimes get a little bit of info at games. It’s been spot on all summer so no reason to doubt it. Apparently Greaves has/is very close to signing (I was told he signed yesterday), but that seems a quick turnaround from playing for Hull on Saturday to putting pen to paper on Sunday. But he’s keen either way I think.

Before we signed Forss, I was told we’re hoping to invest £20m+ in the squad. So we’re trying. Obviously I don’t know on who etc and if that includes wages, just something I’d heard. So seems there’s money there without having to sell Fry.

Thanks for passing it on. If that’s true you think we would hear something today 

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?