oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

50 minutes ago, EstonSmog said:

Before we signed Forss, I was told we’re hoping to invest £20m+ in the squad. So we’re trying. Obviously I don’t know on who etc and if that includes wages, just something I’d heard. So seems there’s money there without having to sell Fry.

£20m to invest in the squad sounds about right. Because of FFP, you do have to think in 3 year cycles so if you consider the likely amount we received in transfers from Tav and Spence and the savings in wages (fairly small) then you can imagine £20m split between transfer fees and 3 years worth of championship wages. That might be £50k/week over 3 years in wages (approx £7.5m) and £12.5m in transfer fees. When you look at the kinds of offers we seem to be making for Greaves and Strand Larsen, that roughly adds up as we are likely to be offering £20-£30k/week to them. 

The signings of Forss and Hoppe are likely to have been done out of reserves and the wages we've got off our books in the summer. Mowatt, Steffen and Giles will likely to be on about the same wages that our loanees were on last year. This probably means that we have room on the wage bill for one or two more loanees or free transfers or a relatively cheap transfer (in the range of £3m).  

Actually I have just realised that you are referring to before Forss coming in and Tav going out but the numbers don't change that much. It means we're not being stubborn about Strand Larsen, rather that we are bidding somewhere near the maximum we can afford.

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

Based on what digger heard plus Larsen's own comments... Seems pretty clear we had all but signed him then Groningen got greedy and whacked more money onto his price tag. Would be like us letting Tav fly down to Bournemouth with it all agreed then pulling the plug last minute unless they added another £5m on. He'd be (rightly) p****** off too. 

Groningen are playing with fire now, as they might end up with an unhappy player and no fee at all. They say they don't need money... Every club apart from maybe 3 or 4 in the world need income. 

9 hours ago, El Guapo said:

I can’t believe we would behave in such a manner!

Why not? When it comes down to brass tacks, we are a business run by business men! In order to be successful you have to be ruthless and if this is what it takes then its entirely possible.

I for one really appreciate Larsens honesty, it's refreshing to hear a player speak his mind rather than hide behind clichés and media training.  I can appreciate how we as fans would feel if he was talking about us in that manner, but i think the fact that he has already made his intentions clear that he wants to move onto bigger and better teams in the UK, as long as the club are aware of his expectations and honour any gentlemen's or contractual agreements then I have no issues.  I think his ambition and the fact that he won't want this to happen again allows him to have a sell on clause in his contract should he sign for us.

1 minute ago, AllBoro10 said:

He probably should be starting for them

No 'probably' about it. They have Fred & McTominay in midfield...

I wouldn't want either of them in our midfield and yet our midfield consists of a tree and a 45 year old.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
1 hour ago, EstonSmog said:

I sometimes get a little bit of info at games. It’s been spot on all summer so no reason to doubt it. Apparently Greaves has/is very close to signing (I was told he signed yesterday), but that seems a quick turnaround from playing for Hull on Saturday to putting pen to paper on Sunday. But he’s keen either way I think.

Before we signed Forss, I was told we’re hoping to invest £20m+ in the squad. So we’re trying. Obviously I don’t know on who etc and if that includes wages, just something I’d heard. So seems there’s money there without having to sell Fry.

Keeping my fingers crossed cause Greaves would be a huge signing!

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Keeping my fingers crossed cause Greaves would be a huge signing!

Agree but I thought Bola did really well 2nd half yesterday. Just need Lenihan out and Fry in the middle and all is rosy in my opinion.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
1 minute ago, edinboro said:

Agree but I thought Bola did really well 2nd half yesterday. Just need Lenihan out and Fry in the middle and all is rosy in my opinion.

I wouldn't exactly say that. He dilly dallied on the ball at least once and that was about to cost us. I'm certainly not confident with Bola in the back three.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Borodane said:

I wouldn't exactly say that. He dilly dallied on the ball at least once and that was about to cost us. I'm certainly not confident with Bola in the back three.

Gotta agree with you there, I don't think he did that well when he came on.

Just now, JonnyMFC said:

Gotta agree with you there, I don't think he did that well when he came on.

He made loads of forward runs, looked for Giles and forwards a lot. I'm not sure what more he could have done.

2 minutes ago, edinboro said:

He made loads of forward runs, looked for Giles and forwards a lot. I'm not sure what more he could have done.

He also tried to turn a player in his own box & was lucky when he was dispossessed that it went straight to Steffen.

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, edinboro said:

But defensively he leaves me nervous and that is his job first and foremost. He's a decent option to have on the bench but I would like someone better in the back 3.

• Like 1
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?