oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

On 8/12/2022 at 5:49 PM, JTG said:

He was actually there but he only responds to Karl.

be class if he just had KARL as his name on the back of his new shirt

On 8/12/2022 at 10:53 PM, Borodane said:

Christ i May Get sober before we sign our number 1 striker. Been turning to keep drunk for 8 weeks now. I can’t keep going anymore. 

kentucky may have some tips for you to keep going

On 8/13/2022 at 10:21 AM, JonnyMFC said:

I wonder if many ppls outlooks have changed following the signing of Mowatt?

Im not saying that he is the be all and end all to our threadbare squad, but he certainly fills a gap and I for one am am a little more optimistic that we will get in the players we need before the window closes.

I'm hoping he picks the midfield up, think apart from our defence needing to gel that alot of these recent performances been the way they are down to missing tavs work

On 8/13/2022 at 1:38 PM, JTG said:

Treated far worse than Djed and still all class…

Best of luck big man 👍

2090956F-FDB9-4B85-A867-D912A8491B51.png

hope he does well

On 8/13/2022 at 3:20 PM, LBP said:

On 8/13/2022 at 3:23 PM, Aphex_Boro said:

state of him

On 8/13/2022 at 3:52 PM, macapes said:

4 goals for Rotherham versus Lumley in the first half.

you would think some of the clangers he drops he would get investigated for match fixing lol. Got to be worth a look just incase lol. I love how people think reading didnt know how bad he was for us, if you watch his welcome to reading video, the only clip they have of him in boro is him running celebrating the penalty victory vs man utd in the cup after its finsihed, which was funny for me since he never saved a single penalty out of all of them lol. A fan out the stadium would have done just as well if not had the chance of fluking a save lol. I think they must of searched for saves of him, seen the boro highlight video which starts with a great save then 30+ howlers and thought yeah lets not put any of his boro moments on this video, near enough all qpr lol, guessing our recruitment sent them the highlights over when offering him to ince lol

On 8/13/2022 at 3:26 PM, CanadianBoro said:

Just read some quote's from Ashley Fletcher and him wanting to get back to regular football like he had at while he was here. 

Goes to show grass isn't always greener I suppose. Chased the big money (can't blame him) but he wasn't ready for the EPL. If he had stayed he'd have been first choice last season, and probably fits well in a Wilder scheme if things play out the same. Could have continued to develop. 

Hope this isn't the path Tavs career takes. 

he got setup for life to leave us, was likely on a pay cut to stay as well

On 8/13/2022 at 3:30 PM, LinoJo3 said:

Definately cost us the play offs when you think back to points he single-handedly lost us.

every person I've shown the highlight video of him last year has never believed all them were in the same season lol

On 8/14/2022 at 9:38 AM, "KM" said:

Remember the time we tried to sign Harry Maguire? 😂

lol its the whole team to blame for them being a *** show, not just him lol

17 hours ago, mendieta420 said:

Spence didn't make the Spurs bench 😮

thats beacause once your a red your always a red, so he won't need to play for the white side of london

17 hours ago, Youngy228 said:

Worry there is his mentions Italian teams and champions league. Neither of which are us

he clearly mentioned us with mega offers though

16 hours ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

Will Warnock take credit for his 1st choice signing Akpom whom he didn't ever want?

i can imagine he is taking credit and saying it was his excellent idea to sign him from using youtube highlights 

15 hours ago, Smogzilla said:

thanks chris now he is nailed on to never score again this season

13 hours ago, AllBoro10 said:

Think he is being very disrespectful to his current club to be honest. Fair enough he wants to leave but doing an interview like that in the aftermath of a 6-1 defeat is very poor to me and it doesn’t look good.

think its a bit of a 2 way thing going on between them both, neither are really doing right by each other, but kinda feel like they started it all by going back on things agreed with him, think he knows they just putting him on hold as a leverage play to try and get more money out of us

10 hours ago, YouAreBoateng said:

Completely different viewpoint, do we think Boro will be put off by Larsen's media antics?

I can only feel for the lad if there's been an agreement in place to let him go for the right money and the goalposts have been moved because multiple clubs are interested, that isn't fair. 

I'm sure we would've all liked more money for Tav but he wanted to go so we allowed it. Suppose it's a different sitch with no concrete interest from others clubs though. 

Who knows!

I think we will be happy with them as they are serving our purpose and applying pressure to their club to sort it out

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

Man United are a basket case of a club. They need a complete rebuild from the very top to the bottom. Obviously that takes the Glazers going and it’ll take a lot of time. Neither of which will happen. I can’t actually believe Ten Hag took that job. 

The era they are going through is similar to Liverpool (but worse as they’ll get no where near a CL). One of the biggest problems is the fans expectations, it seems a lot of self entitlement and that makes any chance of a full rebuild almost impossible…. It is funny to watch though.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, JonnyMFC said:

Why not? When it comes down to brass tacks, we are a business run by business men! In order to be successful you have to be ruthless and if this is what it takes then its entirely possible.

I for one really appreciate Larsens honesty, it's refreshing to hear a player speak his mind rather than hide behind clichés and media training.  I can appreciate how we as fans would feel if he was talking about us in that manner, but i think the fact that he has already made his intentions clear that he wants to move onto bigger and better teams in the UK, as long as the club are aware of his expectations and honour any gentlemen's or contractual agreements then I have no issues.  I think his ambition and the fact that he won't want this to happen again allows him to have a sell on clause in his contract should he sign for us.

I was being flippant. I should have added an emoji but I didn’t know which one to use.

15 minutes ago, Rob said:

be class if he just had KARL as his name on the back of his new shirt

kentucky may have some tips for you to keep going

I'm hoping he picks the midfield up, think apart from our defence needing to gel that alot of these recent performances been the way they are down to missing tavs work

hope he does well

you would think some of the clangers he drops he would get investigated for match fixing lol. Got to be worth a look just incase lol. I love how people think reading didnt know how bad he was for us, if you watch his welcome to reading video, the only clip they have of him in boro is him running celebrating the penalty victory vs man utd in the cup after its finsihed, which was funny for me since he never saved a single penalty out of all of them lol. A fan out the stadium would have done just as well if not had the chance of fluking a save lol. I think they must of searched for saves of him, seen the boro highlight video which starts with a great save then 30+ howlers and thought yeah lets not put any of his boro moments on this video, near enough all qpr lol, guessing our recruitment sent them the highlights over when offering him to ince lol

he got setup for life to leave us, was likely on a pay cut to stay as well

every person I've shown the highlight video of him last year has never believed all them were in the same season lol

lol its the whole team to blame for them being a *** show, not just him lol

thats beacause once your a red your always a red, so he won't need to play for the white side of london

he clearly mentioned us with mega offers though

i can imagine he is taking credit and saying it was his excellent idea to sign him from using youtube highlights 

thanks chris now he is nailed on to never score again this season

think its a bit of a 2 way thing going on between them both, neither are really doing right by each other, but kinda feel like they started it all by going back on things agreed with him, think he knows they just putting him on hold as a leverage play to try and get more money out of us

I think we will be happy with them as they are serving our purpose and applying pressure to their club to sort it out

Mr Multiquote Monday strikes again 

• Haha 3
7 minutes ago, EstonSmog said:

Man United are a basket case of a club. They need a complete rebuild from the very top to the bottom. Obviously that takes the Glazers going and it’ll take a lot of time. Neither of which will happen. I can’t actually believe Ten Hag took that job. 

The era they are going through is similar to Liverpool (but worse as they’ll get no where near a CL). One of the biggest problems is the fans expectations, it seems a lot of self entitlement and that makes any chance of a full rebuild almost impossible…. It is funny to watch though.

I genuinely love it.

Growing up for me outside of Teesside I was surrounded constantly by United fans who looked down on me for supporting Boro.  I cannot stand their sense of entitlement, the glory hunting and their tears right now sustain me.

I am genuinely intrigued to see if they will stick with United or not as most have zero geographical connection to the cub. 

The Gary Neville and/or Roy Keane coverage of their games makes it even sweeter.

tears-sadness.gif

• Like 5
  • Haha 4
4 minutes ago, EstonSmog said:

yeah I never saw him as right person for the job, but from his point of view if he didn't take it now would he get a chance at it again or another big club. if he does somewhat well or excels even if unlikely he will do so, but if he did then he has upped his statue to potentially managing another top english or european club, if don't work out he can certainly go back where he came from and probs pick and choose his jobs. 

But I kinda saw him as doing great stuff where he was but he was at one of the main players in that league as well.

think united need that uber big name manager to get the players respect or kick them out, and that may only work out a few seasons at a time until they hit gold with the rare one that stays longer term but I think they would still be there or there abouts, rather than trying these fringe unproven managers , compared to those that have been there and done it with several clubs. Obviously the same board would be there, but although they look like they are clueless, they still spend for fun and a top manager would at least get better value out of that than the last few guys have done.

4 minutes ago, boksicdink said:

I genuinely love it.

Growing up for me outside of Teesside I was surrounded constantly by United fans who looked down on me for supporting Boro.  I cannot stand their sense of entitlement, the glory hunting and their tears right now sustain me.

I am genuinely intrigued to see if they will stick with United or not as most have zero geographical connection to the cub. 

The Gary Neville and/or Roy Keane coverage of their games makes it even sweeter.

tears-sadness.gif

Haha same, now if only Liverpool could also go back to being rubbish then I'll be much happier. 

• Like 6
7 minutes ago, boksicdink said:

I genuinely love it.

my brother always supported man utd as well, supported them since their first prem championship lol

he used to come to the boro matches as well when my dad got us season tickets so was loving watching them win the title at our place at the riverside in the 90s at the end of the season lol. 

they are defs a shambles, but think their edge has been driven away by all the premier leagues money, when the prem started they were loaded from their commercial operations all over the world. but since clubs have billionaire owners not afraid to spend and have also brought their global operations and revenue up as well. Other teams management seem to get far more mileage out of spending the same vast sums. deal after that goes through or does not seems to have more question marks making you scratch your head and think why rather than looking at a deal and thinking thats a great bit of business there that you see with the rest of the top clubs that have all taken their place and leap frogged over them 

our back 3. dijksteel fry and paddy were all great in spells last season. But interesting that wilder now rates lenihan above fry. he is our best defender isnt he?

paddy has to many lapses letting markers drift off him, i think mainly when hes knackered but he does it a lot.

dijksteel always plagued by getting the wrong side of his marker. willock punished him for that other week. but hes always done it and continues to do it.

fry is suited to the center. not the best on the ball. just hoofs it most of the time. bit like mogga, a safety first kind of guy. good at defending.

Bola is small and not commanding enough for a back 3 really, not a bad option to stand in though. 

Lenihan, is good at communicating, isnt actually to bad with his distribution. He is weak when isolated one vs one. really easy for anyone with pace to get round him. he'd be slaughtered in the prem. we cant play him anywhere but center of the 3. 

wilder wants ball playing cb's so paddy must be first choice. the others i think we will sell or just have as back up. until he can sign better options. if we go up no way lenihan is forst choice. guy would be slaughtered. we need 2 more cb's if wilders not happy with fry.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, JonnyMFC said:

Could have gone with a GIF combo?

Flip Cooking GIF by bluesbear - ant GIF

Pancake Bug 🤷‍♂️

😉

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Brunners said:

He also tried to turn a player in his own box & was lucky when he was dispossessed that it went straight to Steffen.

to be fair thats what Wilder wants from his defenders, not losing the ball obviously but he has said he wants us to take risks and break lines which you dont get from Fry. Hence why he brought Bola on

Not saying I agree with it but that was why he was brought on

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?