oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

Just now, Sam said:

So if we were to sign choudhury, we’d have to pay a percentage of his £60,000 wage while also dropping howson to the bench who is on £25,000.  Boro were never in for choudhury and I can almost guarantee that 

Howson on £25k? 😂 - Do you do stand up in your spare time?

• Haha 1
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Sam said:

So if we were to sign choudhury, we’d have to pay a percentage of his £60,000 wage while also dropping howson to the bench who is on £25,000.  Boro were never in for choudhury and I can almost guarantee that 

Didn't multiple ITKs on here say we were in for him and had offers accepted by Leicester twice and he rebuffed us both times?

4 minutes ago, Sam said:

one of our members confirmed he had spoken to kieren scott who was trying to find who was leaking information to fans then followed it up that we were signing him so we must have been in for him as that was 10,000% facts

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Sam said:

Howson has signed two new contracts in the last two years on reduced terms each time AFAIK. He's not going to be on 25k p/w

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

Anyone else getting a bit concerned at the lack of noise/snippets coming out about a Howson replacement/competition?

Got to be top priority. Although the way Maddo was going on yesterday you'd think we had prime Viera in midfield. 

Patience Grasshopper.

In order to bag top quality signings, one must be like the praying mantis...silent, unmoving, only striking when the time is right... 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Absolutely no way howson is on 25k. He's been signed on for one year extensions the last two seasons and I'd expect his wage to go down each time due to his age 

which I would believe to be true considering how long it took him to confirm he had signed back for the club, if was for the same money I think would have been a very quick deal

think he will of been on 25-30k when monk signed him originally 

21 minutes ago, JCWamma said:

Right, but he's the sort of player we should be looking at. So who else shares a similar skillset to Choudhury and does want to come here?

I think the point is there isnt many players with his skillset, hes only came to the championship because he hasnt took the opportunities he should have at Leicester

22 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Patience Grasshopper.

In order to bag top quality signings, one must be like the praying mantis...silent, unmoving, only striking when the time is right... 

Ralph Macchio Chopsticks GIF

Man who catch top quality defensive midfielder with chopstick accomplish anything.

Edited by KeithLambsFaxMachine
  • Haha 2

Yeah probably right Howson isn’t on as high as he was when he first signed but he still still one of the highest earners at the club and I do not believe one bit that we were speaking to choudhury on that type of wage 

9 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

I think the point is there isnt many players with his skillset, hes only came to the championship because he hasnt took the opportunities he should have at Leicester

What about, say, Frank Onyeka? Very similar skillset and profile to Choudhury, hasn't been featured in Brentford's plans at all really only starting a 1 game since 2nd January. They may well be willing to loan him out. I obviously have no idea whether he'd be available or not but I don't see why we can't look at players like that as options.

• Like 2
35 minutes ago, boksicdink said:

I think JTG is re-affirming that he is the type of player who we need to fill a current gap in our squad. 

Fair enough. I thought it was a bit of a dig that we should have been looking at Choudhury. Still seems a bit odd to assume that we aren't already looking at similar players.

3 minutes ago, JCWamma said:

What about, say, Frank Onyeka? Very similar skillset and profile to Choudhury, hasn't been featured in Brentford's plans at all really only starting a 1 game since 2nd January. They may well be willing to loan him out. I obviously have no idea whether he'd be available or not but I don't see why we can't look at players like that as options.

he came on off the bench against United and has generally been in the match day squad. The 5 subs rule is going to be a bit of a stumbling block for prem loans this season I think

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?