oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

Remember seeing Hugill batter our defenders when he was at Preston. Thought what a buy he would be. Obviously came later. Look how that turned out. If Riis is not good enough for Preston he is certainly not good enough for us.

• Like 1
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Not that I am advocating for Riis but what makes you think that? his movement and finishing is decent, so he has the ingredients to score goals

I think there's quite a lot of luckier finishes in those highlights, he scored a lot of goals from not many shots. That he doesn't take many shots would say that his movement isn't the best as he's not getting into positions to make shots. His Championship record is 18 goals 7 assists in 85 games (5000 minutes) which is alright but not great and he's not had a great career before this season.

He doesn't seem to offer much in the way of link up play, we already bought a striker like that in Forss. I like the lad and would take him for £4/5m but closer to £10m is a no from me. My rule of thumb for strikers is if you buy them after their best ever goal scoring season, they'll be unlikely to ever hit that number again.

35 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Tbh that is exactly how I remember him from his playing days here. Technically not very good but a big presence inside the box. Not someone you'd expect to participate in playing the ball around but basically a good old fashioned box center forward. 

Maybe PNE haven't had any bids at all and hve thus lowered their asking price a lot so that we can afford both him and Larsen. 4-5 million plus promotion bonus with Larsen at around 8-9 million pounds plus bonusses. And we then end our interest in Muniz. Unlikely though if we're still after Greaves at 5+ million.

PNE said no ‘ acceptable ‘ bid , suggesting they have received a bid from someone. 

He’s championship proven and yes he has an awkward style but the lad knows where the back of the net and has a variety of goals. He would be an excellent signing. Would be equally happy with him or Larsen. No preference for me

• Like 1

Considering we already have Forss, Hoppe and Akpom who are in our plans, we surely won't be able to afford both of Strand Larsen and Riis, so it's one or the other. Even if we sell Watmore and loan out Coburn. I know we seem to be interested in Muniz on loan from Fulham for one of the two striker role, but that won't be anywhere near as expensive as Riis or Strand Larsen.

Maybe we're happy to play along with Preston's public drama over Riis as it'll help ramp up the pressure between Strand Larsen and Groningen - as it'll appear that we've actually moved on as we said. If Groningen's resistance breaks then we sign Strand Larsen, and if they hold out then we sign Riis at a lower rate.

As we're sat on a good pot of money, we're in a strong position going into the closing stages of the transfer window. The statement from Preston screams desperation, likely because they've got signings lined up that they can't afford without selling him and don't have other interest. After watching Riis and Gyokeres in the Championship last season, I was more impressed with Riis - particularly with his technique striking the ball, so I'd be very happy if we sign Riis for a fair price.

Edited by p_mards
  • Like 1

I just hope Wilder gets his men whoever they are!

As far as the booked medicals are concerned whatever happened to the black player who never seemed to come out of the medical room🤫

4 minutes ago, AllBoro10 said:

He’s championship proven and yes he has an awkward style but the lad knows where the back of the net and has a variety of goals. He would be an excellent signing. Would be equally happy with him or Larsen. No preference for me

Larsen edges it for me purely because of his height.

It’s all getting a bit exciting isn’t it. Would rather not be in this position where we are going down different avenues late in the window with 4 key signings to be made but it certainly is exciting and good for the forums 🤣

3 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

I just hope Wilder gets his men whoever they are!

As far as the booked medicals are concerned whatever happened to the black player who never seemed to come out of the medical room🤫

Sammy Ameobi… we released him buddy 👍

I said a few days ago that I think a bid for a random striker will pop up aimed at Groningen/larsen, this is what I think will be going on.

If it’s genuine interest from us then I’d be a bit gutted if we spend a fortune on this guy and they get Callum Robinson. I’d prefer Robinson.

• Like 1

Riis is only 24, and was actually 23 for parts of last season. Just came off a 20 goal season. Maybe after getting used to the league in his first season he’s found his feet and is entering his more prime years. I think we’d do well to get him for less then 8mill in the current market. No one comes cheap after scoring 20 goals, especially being the age he is. Coventry want what, 12-15mill for Gyokores? There’s no way there should be a 5-8mill difference between the two players in my opinion. 

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?