oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, JonnyMFC said:

Surely '(G)Riis Is the Word' would have been better? 🤷‍♂️

I might have gone for a more Beatles / John Lennon approach. What was that song they did...Give Riis A Chance?

21 minutes ago, Foogle said:

My rule of thumb for strikers is if you buy them after their best ever goal scoring season, they'll be unlikely to ever hit that number again.

So you'd rather buy them after they have a crap season and before they have a good one?

• Haha 1
Just now, AnglianRed said:

I might have gone for a more Beatles / John Lennon approach. What was that song they did...Give Riis A Chance?

Or instead of having to sift through all the potential songs, people get the gist summed up in one concise megamix. I thought that's what everybody on here wanted? 😘

• Haha 1
26 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

Could be an attempt to force Groningens hand to be fair

Yeah I must agree, it looks for all the world that we're trying to force them into a decision, especially since PNE put out that tweet. I think we've leaked false info to Alan Nixon knowing he'll put it out into the main stream.

• Wow 1

You have to wonder why their top scorer is sat on the bench and they are seemingly open to offers for him. Not like they are mid table certainties either, manager doing well and good chance of play offs for them, surely their top scorer would be nailed on starter and ‘not a chance’ if anyone bids for him…

1 minute ago, Bosco's Tuft said:

So you'd rather buy them after they have a crap season and before they have a good one?

Buy low, sell high! Does it matter if a player hit 20 goals last season, or 4 seasons ago, would it affect their ability to do it again the next season, they're still the same player after all.

Ideally you'd want a player to show they can consistently hit a goal figure for several seasons, that'd be what I'd be spending £10m+ on. Until a player demonstrates that consistency I'd not be throwing such massive sums at them, I'd want a sure thing at Championship level for that price.

10 minutes ago, Bristol_Boro said:

I think if we were genuinely interested in Riis this would have emerged long before now definitely trying to move Groningen faster imo

Heard anything else from fulham? Linked to a few strikers but never seem to bid for them and can’t agree with Roma… I’m just as excited for muniz as larsen tbh lol.

Edited by LinoJo3
(;
  • Wow 1
2 minutes ago, Bristol_Boro said:

I think if we were genuinely interested in Riis this would have emerged long before now definitely trying to move Groningen faster imo

Or he was genuinely on the list and we have totally given up on Larsen so now it’s all about getting Riis done

1 minute ago, LinoJo3 said:

Heard anything else from qpr? Linked to a few strikers but never seem to bid for them and can’t agree with Roma… I’m just as excited for muniz as larsen tbh lol.

Fulham 😉 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, LinoJo3 said:

Heard anything else from qpr? Linked to a few strikers but never seem to bid for them and can’t agree with Roma… I’m just as excited for muniz as larsen tbh lol.

The deal is 100% on the table and Fulham are happy with it. I thought other clubs may have enquired about him but been told its just us. They expected Kluivert to be done by now which was going to be enough to let him come to us they have picked up a few injuries as well though hence lots more activity with enquiries for players. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Bristol_Boro said:

The deal is 100% on the table and Fulham are happy with it. I thought other clubs may have enquired about him but been told its just us. They expected Kluivert to be done by now which was going to be enough to let him come to us they have picked up a few injuries as well though hence lots more activity with enquiries for players. 

It’s just came out that they’ve agreed with the player but not the club, but doesn’t sound like they are far off.

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?