oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Because he's worth 2x that amount? They've already rejected 16m for him from Southampton.

Ah but we could have still offered !!! They may not want to sell to a rival 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
12 minutes ago, AllBoro10 said:

Championship is a higher standard by a long way. Fair enough there is a couple of  good teams in Holland but in general the league is *** and championship much higher quality and difficulty level

and championship usually have a couple of good teams that shouldn't be there with their with the squads they have after the window closed

Can’t lie I’m seeing some absolute hilarious takes on Twitter comparing Riis to Strand Larsen. Seeing people slate Riis about his 4 goals against us basically saying they don’t count because we were crap 😂 Then going onto say spend more on a complete unknown who scored less goals in a league with significantly worse defending in. 

I’m not saying one is better then the other as frankly I, like 95% of boro fans have only watched a 5minute clip of Strand Larsen on YouTube. It just makes me laugh how much fans get excited about a foreign player they only heard of a week ago.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Can’t lie I’m seeing some absolute hilarious takes on Twitter comparing Riis to Strand Larsen. Seeing people slate Riis about his 4 goals against us basically saying they don’t count because we were crap 😂 Then going onto say spend more on a complete unknown who scored less goals in a league with significantly worse defending in. 

I’m not saying one is better then the other as frankly I, like 95% of boro fans have only watched a 5minute clip of Strand Larsen on YouTube. It just makes me laugh how much fans get excited about a foreign player they only heard of a week ago.

I prefer Larsen's 4 minute YouTube video and he's massive so my research is done tbh 🤷‍♂️

2 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

i love it when people have clearly done a bit of googling then come back like they been studying the guy the last 3 years and always thought we should get him :p

• Like 1
Just now, SouthernSmoggie said:

I prefer Larsen's 4 minute YouTube video and he's massive so my research is done tbh 🤷‍♂️

i was happy just off watching the video of him shooting in a open goal at training the other day, thats all the research ive done lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
22 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Strand Larsen scored 14 in 32.

Riis scored 16 in 44.

The quality of the league and opposition is a valid criticism, but I don't think there's any issue with comparing the goal record, Strand Larsen's is better.

They just play fewer games in the Netherlands.

The question is whether he'd get the same return against English opposition.

Edited by TeaCider24
1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

Strand Larsen scored 14 in 32.

Riis scored 16 in 44.

The quality of the league and opposition is a valid criticism, but I don't think there's any issue with comparing the goal record, Strand Larsen's is better.

They just play fewer games in the Netherland.

The question is whether he'd get the same return against English opposition.

I think both are gambles especially at the prices quoted. 

The gamble with JSL is that he plays in a dutch league against people like Go Ahead Eagles, so it might not translate. Plus we've been stung before buying strikers from this league. 

The gamble with ERJ is that he has only done it for one year in the championship and he may never flash in the same way and we've been stung before bringing in strikers who have done well at PNE. 

From what my PNE mates say about ERJ, he is very raw and can look equally as bad as he can good at times. Hard to know what we would be getting. Also said he needs to play in a 2 which isnt a problem for us. 

13 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

I think there’s probably a few variables, such as the selling club’s perception of each player. Groningen are fighting tooth and nail to keep Larsen and their fans are disappointed to lose him, as opposed to Riis where the manager doesn’t seem to fancy him despite his contributions last season and they’re seemingly more open to a sale.

It is just a matter of opinion, some would say better the devil you know, others like the excitement of the unknown. Larsen could come in and hit the ground running like Piroe last season, or he could be our next Payero.

• Like 2
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?