oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

20 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

Riis would be a massive gamble,  he's not quick and not great in the air with a very limited track record aged 24 - paying £3-4 million would be a reasonable gamble but anymore and I struggle to see the logic. 

£3-4million? Jeez. The current market value for a 24 year old coming off the back of a 20 goal season is at least double that. Gyokores is around what £12-15mill? And they have a near enough identical goals to minute ratio, same age and 1 good season.

If Forss scores 20 goals this season I don’t think many of our fans would be happy to sell him for £3-4 million. We’d be demanding around £10 million.

• Like 1
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

£3-4million? Jeez. The current market value for a 24 year old coming off the back of a 20 goal season is at least double that. Gyokores is around what £12-15mill? And they have a near enough identical goals to minute ratio, same age and 1 good season.

If Forss scores 20 goals this season I don’t think many of our fans would be happy to sell him for £3-4 million. We’d be demanding around £10 million.

If we get two more strikers in Forss wont play enough games to get 20 goals and I think he will only be a 10 goal a season man if he does get game time.

Just now, kentucky said:

Bristol City need players, and need to bring in funds, I've mentioned Wieiman ,who seems to have found good form and scoring , £3.5 mill could do it

They're selling Semenyo to Palace for £9m so I don't think they'd be too desperate to sell Weimann so cheaply.

18 minutes ago, Boroinredcar said:

If we get two more strikers in Forss wont play enough games to get 20 goals and I think he will only be a 10 goal a season man if he does get game time.

No I probably agree mate. Was just a better comparison as they would be the same age come end of season as to what Riis is now. My point still stands though. 

1 hour ago, pikerman said:

I watched Riis a few times on the box last season and yes he has a powerful shot, is two footed and knows where the net is, that would be the plus summary of any scouting report I would make on him. On the negative side he contributes little outside the box, is a poor header of the ball, his passing accuracy is low and his hold up play is weak.  In short if we pay more than 4-5 million for him then the clubs decision makers need to book themselves into the nearest asylum en masse. If any of this is true then we must have moved to panic mode

So basically he's Marcus Forss that got to play a full season of football?

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

ERJ still with the squad then. See if he appears on the teamsheet 

It’s about time we were linked to some ugly fckrs instead of all these handsome bstrds. Old fashioned scare the opposition to death tactics.

40 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Riis scored 6 goals in the second half of last season - including two against us on the final day. I think we should be really cautious when you look at essentially a 4-5 month period across a 24 year old's career. 

On Gyokeres I think the perception of him is he's technically better, Swedish international but I think most fans were thinking we'd be paying £7 million for him. 

Irrespective of a transfer move Riis is also currently out of favour presumably off the back of his form since Ryan Lowe came in. I really hope we don't pay close to £10 million for him. 

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

Riis scored 6 goals in the second half of last season - including two against us on the final day. I think we should be really cautious when you look at essentially a 4-5 month period across a 24 year old's career. 

On Gyokeres I think the perception of him is he's technically better, Swedish international but I think most fans were thinking we'd be paying £7 million for him. 

Irrespective of a transfer move Riis is also currently out of favour presumably off the back of his form since Ryan Lowe came in. I really hope we don't pay close to £10 million for him. 

Can’t fully remember but I seem Rob think Gyokeres only got a similar amount from the turn of the year.

• Like 1
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?