oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

Riis has always been one of those that could go on and be a really really good goalscorer. I have followed him for some time and and up untill the beginning of last season it looked like his special talent might never unfold - But his 20 goals came in a season where he started it being 23 years old, so you could say it was the right timing ... I am sure he will score more than 10 again. He can finish better than what we have had for many years ... You cannot learn to finish like that - it has to come natural .. But he can learn how to position himself better and be a part of the link up play better ... 

So with the right coaching he could become a monster. 

I don't buy into that he is a one season wonder .. Take a prolific goalscorer like Harry Kane .. When he was loaned out as a youngster and so on he didn't score that many goals .. But when he found out that he could score 15 plus, he kept on doing it ... 

For a striker like Riis .. it isn't that bad, that his best skill is scoring great goals with both boots .. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
53 minutes ago, cornishboroboy said:

Not buying it personally based on the account alone

Are they known for being a troll / WUM?

Hopefully it'll be confirmed by a more reputable sauce later.

1 minute ago, AnglianRed said:

They're up to 1 follower now, so that should tell you what you need to know.

• Haha 1

Personally I'd prefer Strand Larsen as I think his skillset seems a bit more complete than Riis. I think Forss can do what Riis can, but I'm not sure either of them can offer the link up / physical side that Strand Larsen can (not that I've ever watched him of course).

Riis is a bit useless in the air, but he is a quality finisher. Still think Riis would be a really good signing though, although Ryan Lowe not using him has me sceptical because he's a great young coach and he must see a flaw in his game somewhere.

• Like 3
Just now, AnglianRed said:

with next to no followers unless they using old names/same details probs impossible to tell as it must be a new account

which condiment will confirm though? #saucedebate

• Like 1
Just now, Brunners said:

Just now, Brunners said:

Alan Nixon…? Or Graeme Bailey?

• Haha 2
10 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

Riis has always been one of those that could go on and be a really really good goalscorer. I have followed him for some time and and up untill the beginning of last season it looked like his special talent might never unfold - But his 20 goals came in a season where he started it being 23 years old, so you could say it was the right timing ... I am sure he will score more than 10 again. He can finish better than what we have had for many years ... You cannot learn to finish like that - it has to come natural .. But he can learn how to position himself better and be a part of the link up play better ... 

So with the right coaching he could become a monster. 

I don't buy into that he is a one season wonder .. Take a prolific goalscorer like Harry Kane .. When he was loaned out as a youngster and so on he didn't score that many goals .. But when he found out that he could score 15 plus, he kept on doing it ... 

For a striker like Riis .. it isn't that bad, that his best skill is scoring great goals with both boots .. 

Does he not seem a bit similar to Forss in terms of strengths and weaknesses though? I still don't think we'd be very effective with two poacher style forwards up top, no matter how good their combined finishing skills. They'd be totally out of the game until Jones or Giles can find their feet in the box. It'd be like last year all over again, with maybe fewer open goals missed.

Really feel like our money would be better invested in something we don't have - a physically imposing striker that can actually mix it with Championship centre halves, drop in and link up play between the midfield and the poacher, and score headers from crosses. A young McGoldrick basically. 

• Like 3
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?