oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

If we had a 23 year old striker who had just scored 20 goals in all competitions and was showing clear signs of improving and a divisional rival wanted him and we were quoting 8 million I would be very disappointed. I think there is a bargain to be had there personally. Don’t find it steep at all.

• Like 6
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Weasel said:

Personally I'd prefer Strand Larsen as I think his skillset seems a bit more complete than Riis. I think Forss can do what Riis can, but I'm not sure either of them can offer the link up / physical side that Strand Larsen can (not that I've ever watched him of course).

Riis is a bit useless in the air, but he is a quality finisher. Still think Riis would be a really good signing though, although Ryan Lowe not using him has me sceptical because he's a great young coach and he must see a flaw in his game somewhere.

maybe its a bit like our deal with ste bruce, good player, not his player though, knows who he would rather have, so wants the money and/or wages off the books so can get his own choice in,

I see it as the lad is at a bit of a cross roads having scored 20 goals in league and cup and then being resigned to the bench,

the club wont want to loose any value they would get at this point and he won't want to be a sub having made his mark in the league, which they odds on would if dont let him add to them goals from next year, so if not going to play them the manager probs wants the money to spend more than probs seeing weakness in his game. maybe im wrong but dont see preston as a club thats going to give you much to spend without sales

• Like 1
Just now, AllBoro10 said:

If we had a 23 year old striker who had just scored 20 goals in all competitions and was showing clear signs of improving and a divisional rival wanted him and we were quoting 8 million I would be very disappointed. I think there is a bargain to be had there personally. Don’t find it steep at all.

meltdowns would be inbound lol. be asking for 20m straight away or dont entertain any offers lol

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Rob said:

meltdowns would be inbound lol. be asking for 20m straight away or dont entertain any offers lol

3 years left on his contract too. It’s a great deal if we pull it off

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, AllBoro10 said:

Well he didnt look worth 8 million on last nights performance.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
6 minutes ago, AllBoro10 said:

Britt was doing something similar and with a few seasons of consistency, I think a lot of fans would've taken £8m for him throughout his time here as he didn't offer us anything other than goals, similar to Riis. 

5 minutes ago, AllBoro10 said:

Considering what we got for Spence and Tav I'd agree it is pretty reasonable. Any transfer is ultimately a gamble and while £8m is a lot of money for Boro to fork out, if we're not going to get Larsen, Riis seems like a good second choice.

As always, my main concern is that we're looking to bring in a player who has been successful playing with a certain set of players, to another manager's tactics. Will they be able to replicate their form playing under Wilder?

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Rob said:

with next to no followers unless they using old names/same details probs impossible to tell as it must be a new account

which condiment will confirm though? #saucedebate

If we are going to start a #saucedebate I would like to kick it off with a controversial one!

Reggae Reggae sauce on a bacon & cheese sandwich!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Based on the first half performance against QPR, our entire first XI should be given away for free. 

I agree he sounds like a perfect fit :classic_laugh:

McDonalds BBQ sauce for me haha, never had reggae reggae sauce but can't get away eating spicy/hot food, tried to eat at the jamacian place over the road from the town hall before when had a free meal in there and couldnt find anything in the place to eat that didnt burn me mouth off lol. guessing its a hotter one?

2 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Our problem is that Strikers only look £8m/£10m/£15m when the play against us, then we sign them and they turn to dog muck.

I've lost count of the number of strikers we've signed with good track records, or who had amazing previous seasons. Then the minute they pull on a Boro shirt they either can't hit the side of a barn, or else end up isolated, frustrated and having next to no impact on games.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, AnglianRed said:

I've lost count of the number of strikers we've signed with good track records, or who had amazing previous seasons. Then the minute they pull on a Boro shirt they either can't hit the side of a barn, or else end up isolated, frustrated and having next to no impact on games.

I love how the proven ones eventually usually move on and never have the same goal scoring again, its like we literally drum it out of them over the 2/3+ years they spend here lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?