oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

So far this season per game... 

Akpom had 1 unsuccessful touch - riis averaged 3 a game last season.

Akpom had 1.7 disposessions - riis averaged 1.8 last season. 

Akpom had 70.3% successful passes - riis averaged 60 last season. 

Although akpom is hardly a saviour or ball retention master, he has outperformed riis in all those categories, and thats compared to riis's best season last year. Better off just keeping akpom for that role than spending 8mil. 

Is Riss going to be playing the deeper role though? Or is he the one that is arriving into the box to stick it in the next, similar to Forss?

• Like 1
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, AllBoro10 said:

Can keep replying to me as much as you want, I think he would be a great signing. I like him and hope we get him.

And he might well be. All I'm saying is that there are a lot of red flags there for me, and it feels a lot like the Britt signing right now. I hope he proves me wrong if we do sign him but he'd be the least exciting of all the names for me. I'd rather go with muniz on loan and spend the cash elsewhere. 

1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

How did Akpom do under Warnock in that respect, by the way?

0.5 dispossessions pg

1.5 unsuccessful touches pg

50.8% passing pg - cavaet being he only averaged less than 7 passes per game so he really wasn't being involved enough to make much of a conclusion there. 

1 hour ago, LOAM said:

For quite some time now Boro has been the place strikers come to die.

It’s because we’ve often gone for the big fish in a small pond striker because they are a big name and getting goals. These type of players like britt and Rhodes can struggle because their former teams were fully set up to play to their strengths and cover their weaknesses, it’s not so much we ruin them we just expose flaws in their game asking them to do more than they’re used to. 

Plus we did put Bamford on the map when most people thought he’d never do much and although we got ripped off for fletcher you could say we did the same for him aswell.

1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

And he might well be. All I'm saying is that there are a lot of red flags there for me, and it feels a lot like the Britt signing right now. I hope he proves me wrong if we do sign him but he'd be the least exciting of all the names for me. I'd rather go with muniz on loan and spend the cash elsewhere. 

I would like Riis and Muniz failing that I would go Larsen but I just think we won’t end up signing him now for some reason.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Not1ofTheFickleFans said:

Is Riss going to be playing the deeper role though? Or is he the one that is arriving into the box to stick it in the next, similar to Forss?

Then were left with only akpom and watmore who can play that.role and both of those are a huge risk for various reasons

My dad died last week and one of the final conversations we had about our beloved Middlesbrough was, in football especially concerning Middlesbrough Football Club was the only opinion that matters should be our own view because we the fans have always had different opinions on who we should sign to be inside our team and we have always slated a footballer before they join but once they join we 1000% always get behind each and every signing until they become a boo boy then it's a different story 🤣🤣

• Like 13
Just now, Not1ofTheFickleFans said:

What if Forss is injured or suspended or not playing well. Surely we need an alternative to Forss as the “poacher”

I'd rather have a more diverse range of options up front than just loading up on two poachers, if I'm honest. Larsen offers that as someone with more ability on the ball, and a play style that utilises his physical size and strength more than Riis does. I'd rather we go for someone in the mould of Larsen if we can't get him, than pivot to a bigger Marcus Forss.

• Like 7
3 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

How did Akpom do under Warnock in that respect, by the way?

I think that using any players stats under Warnock is an ununfair comparison to be making under any circumstances.

3 minutes ago, Will said:

I'd rather have a more diverse range of options up front than just loading up on two poachers, if I'm honest. Larsen offers that as someone with more ability on the ball, and a play style that utilises his physical size and strength more than Riis does. I'd rather we go for someone in the mould of Larsen if we can't get him, than pivot to a bigger Marcus Forss.

And that’s fine, it’s seems that’s what Boro preferred but as it stands Larsen is a no go. Let’s assume that deal is 100% dead in the water. With that in mind we can’t keep comparing cheaper options to him imo.

I’m not saying Riis is better but he may be the next best available options at a young age. If he comes and scores 20 for a 2nd successive season in the championship surely his value is closer to £12m-£15m, and we can sell for a profit if we don’t go up

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Not1ofTheFickleFans said:

But we are told we are trying to get another striker too, such as Muniz that would play the deeper role

That’s not Muniz game, he’s a pretty old fashioned looking CF if you watch him. Imo Riis would be an alternative to muniz.

Wilder even talked about using Mcgree as a #10 if we can’t get the striker we want so that shows you what type of player he’s looking for to play up there.

We moan about the clubs recruitment based on playing well against us and just looking at goal stats, but that looks exactly like what’s happening here with Riis.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JonnyMFC said:

I think that using any players stats under Warnock is an ununfair comparison to be making under any circumstances.

I don't even think warnock used to look at the stats himself lol

• Haha 1
41 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

As it stands IMO, we are just two/maybe only one player, short of an outstanding team...I've never been this excited for years...so excited I'm hoping to travel to the Reading match...risking my marriage and everything 

Miles away at present. Need 4 players minimum.

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?