oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

lots of dutch media picking up the ESPN and TV2 interviews today.

Some fans saying take the 10m, other saying he has a contract so tough.

will be an interesting week up North

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

Just now, Mr_Maz said:

Wonder if we will try riis once more before we go back for Larsen 

3 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

He’s got a contract, but a lot of players with contracts have called the shots. If he is serious he needs to slap in an official transfer request (and accept the loss of any loyalty bonus etc.) and tell the club they either sell him or he will see out his contract (including the option year) and they will only get a tribunal fee for him then. Those are pretty much all lower than agreed transfer fees. It would be a gamble for him, but then he could “change his mind” next year and agree to a transfer. Thing is, the club couldn’t be sure he wouldn’t and there would be a big risk for them.

something like that would at least bring it to a head, which would probably be better for him (as well as us!)

7 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink Army said:

Wonder if we will try riis once more before we go back for Larsen 

i'd be surprised if we weren't negotiating for a handful of strikers at the same time - with only 2 of them in the public realm

19 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

That wouldn't be the worst, if the extra 2 is performance based. But that would hinge on us then spending the extra funds elsewhere in the squad. 

Honestly, on the stats, I'd rather have Riis than Larsen and have more money to spend elsewhere. Though, if anything, it just presents more concerns about whether Larsen is remotely worth the time and effort depending what we want in a striker.

Just now, ScarBoro said:

He’s got a contract, but a lot of players with contracts have called the shots. If he is serious he needs to slap in an official transfer request (and accept the loss of any loyalty bonus etc.) and tell the club they either sell him or he will see out his contract (including the option year) and they will only get a tribunal fee for him then. Those are pretty much all lower than agreed transfer fees. It would be a gamble for him, but then he could “change his mind” next year and agree to a transfer. Thing is, the club couldn’t be sure he wouldn’t and there would be a big risk for them.

something like that would at least bring it to a head, which would probably be better for him (as well as us!)

generally the players win in these situations. the risk of an unhappy player underperforming, disrupting the team, or deciding to sit back and leave on a free, as you say, is a huge risk.

saying that, Dutch clubs and people can be very stubborn

8 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Honestly, on the stats, I'd rather have Riis than Larsen and have more money to spend elsewhere. Though, if anything, it just presents more concerns about whether Larsen is remotely worth the time and effort depending what we want in a striker.

I'm leaning towards Larsen but it's not based on anything overly concrete apart from the fact Larsen has had two strong seasons in a row against arguably better opposition at 2 years younger. The YouTube videos also make him look like a better player all round (though not much can be put into that). Finally, he was on loan at Milan and has interest from serie A sides so multiple well regarded scouting systems have seen the potential in him whereas we seem to be the only ones interested in riis, his own manager included. 

• Like 4
18 hours ago, LBP said:

And we struggle to score and are then forced to overpay even more for a quick goals fix in January?

That's always the risk, but if we get this decision wrong then we are lumbered with an expensive mistake who could derail our ability to make required additions in Jan. What happens if we have a few injuries ie to the keeper, or diksteel, mowatt etc. I think it's far riskier to our season to pur our eggs in one basket imo. 

The hope is forss, hoppe and any loan signing with the right coaching will be able to give us more than last year (when we almost still got in the play offs). We are creating the chances and we will still be in the hunt with a minimal increase in goals converted. It wasn't long ago we were willing to pay 7 or 8 mill on muniz, surely he would have been the main man if he came last year, so surely nothing has changed in their opinion and scouting?. He won't want to come here to sit on our bench, he could do that at Fulham. I'm hoping forss will have a similar output as the Preston lad with minutes played. 

9 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

I'm leaning towards Larsen but it's not based on anything overly concrete apart from the fact Larsen has had two strong seasons in a row against arguably better opposition at 2 years younger. The YouTube videos also make him look like a better player all round (though not much can be put into that). Finally, he was on loan at Milan and has interest from serie A sides so multiple well regarded scouting systems have seen the potential in him whereas we seem to be the only ones interested in riis, his own manager included. 

This is the biggest worry for me at the price for riis. If no one else wants him, and his own club don't particularly want him are they going to be willing to have an "£8 million striker" on the bench? If he's worth that then surely he is starting for them. And if no one else is offering then he isn't worth that much. We should be in the box seat on this situation. Sounds mad (and maybe a bit football manager stuff) but why not offer 4 with 4 in bonuses (promotion, goals scored, games played etc). They take it or they are left with an expensive asset devaluing. At 4 million we could potentially afford both he and larsen. And I'm sure many of us would be happy with that even if it meant moving on a different asset (watmore, akpom, fry potentially). 

If we do get promoted then the add ons will surely be swallowed up by value increases in at least o e or two of our new strikers. If we don't get promoted then it's not as huge a pricetag

I feel like whoever we get, be it Riis or Larsen, they'll end up bagging maybe 10-12 goals at best and the one we don't sign will have an absolutely blinding season and end up moving to a much bigger club in either Jan or next summer. for about triple what we're currently offering. that's just the Boro way

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
1 minute ago, chickenlunch said:

I feel like whoever we get, be it Riis or Larsen, they'll end up bagging maybe 10-12 goals at best and the one we don't sign will have an absolutely blinding season and end up moving to a much bigger club in either Jan or next summer. for about triple what we're currently offering. that's just the Boro way

I hate how true this is.

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, Tudders80 said:

This is the biggest worry for me at the price for riis. If no one else wants him, and his own club don't particularly want him are they going to be willing to have an "£8 million striker" on the bench? If he's worth that then surely he is starting for them. And if no one else is offering then he isn't worth that much. We should be in the box seat on this situation. Sounds mad (and maybe a bit football manager stuff) but why not offer 4 with 4 in bonuses (promotion, goals scored, games played etc). They take it or they are left with an expensive asset devaluing. At 4 million we could potentially afford both he and larsen. And I'm sure many of us would be happy with that even if it meant moving on a different asset (watmore, akpom, fry potentially). 

If we do get promoted then the add ons will surely be swallowed up by value increases in at least o e or two of our new strikers. If we don't get promoted then it's not as huge a pricetag

If we do end up with Riis it will be at the end of the window. If he doesn't start any of more games, his price goes down 

4 minutes ago, chickenlunch said:

yep it's pretty much nailed on to be fair.

• Like 1
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?