oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

1 hour ago, Dynamo Kev said:

dunno about midfielders after today. thought paddy and mowett looked spot on. 5 really good options for 3 positions which can actually rotate. need stronger faster strikers and that lcb. could do with a few new cb's actually if paddy is played in cm. 

Explain that please. You dont know about todays midfielders .  5 really good options for 3 positions which can actually rotate. Who exactly without putting square pegs in round holes which apparently Wilder does not want.

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Lurker said:

We need to make LCB & a midfielder the priority over any forwards. 
The way we’re playing we’ll score, just need to be more organised/settled at the back

Struggle to see wilder bringing in a midfielder to replace howson. My guess is we’re getting a defender and 1-2 forwards and that’s it. 

13 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Struggle to see wilder bringing in a midfielder to replace howson. My guess is we’re getting a defender and 1-2 forwards and that’s it. 

Wilder has continually stated that he's hopeful of bringing in 4 new players before the window closes and thr consensus is that it's 1 LCB, 1 CM and 2 ST.

Looking at out midfield right now I do wonder weather Wilder is regretting letting Payero go out on loan

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, mj south said:

Wilder has continually stated that he's hopeful of bringing in 4 new players before the window closes and thr consensus is that it's 1 LCB, 1 CM and 2 ST.

Looking at out midfield right now I do wonder weather Wilder is regretting letting Payero go out on loan

I know he has but realistically I just can’t see us getting 4 upgrades in. I just think it’s too much for us to get done. I can see us missing out on Muniz as Fulham are also struggling for forwards. 

19 minutes ago, Borodane said:

I know he has but realistically I just can’t see us getting 4 upgrades in. I just think it’s too much for us to get done. I can see us missing out on Muniz as Fulham are also struggling for forwards. 

You could be right there, I still think we will sign one on a permanent and get another on loan, after last night's match though I'd say getting Jacob Greaves should become our number 1 priority

I thought the whole team was good last night. I get people having a go at Bola but thought he was good too. All we are seeing is what Wilder warned us about.. they have been told to play risky attacking football I think this is what we’re in for, trying to go for it but this brings risk of getting attacked on the break.

• Like 5
5 minutes ago, scotty189 said:

LCB is now the priority signing for me, also when does Payeros loan finish, dosnt the Argentinian season fisnish xmas time ?

The league season finishes in October.

But they have a cup competition in February which is effectively another league.

Been a lot of talk about waiting to get the right players in or just paying the price to get them in sooner. Generally I agree with @Humptythat's it's more sensible to wait but unfortunately we are seeing the negatives of doing that. 

Any enthusiasm for the season has been massively sapped from the fans, players will be short of confidence. I was bloody furious last night, we won't play against a worse team all season and to let it slip like that is infuriating. 

Really hope we pull our fingers out now. We get to 7/8 games still without a win and even if we got our targets in I fear the rot would already be well underway. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Wow 1
2 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

Been a lot of talk about waiting to get the right players in or just paying the price to get them in sooner. Generally I agree with @Humptythat's it's more sensible to wait but unfortunately we are seeing the negatives of doing that. 

Any enthusiasm for the season has been massively sapped from the fans, players will be short of confidence. I was bloody furious last night, we won't play against a worse team all season and to let it slip like that is infuriating. 

Really hope we pull our fingers out now. We get to 7/8 games still without a win and even if we got our targets in I fear the rot would already be well underway. 

Don’t know how you can wake up and be so down, chin up mate, it’s only football and it’s still very very early days.  4 games in with 40 odd games to play.  Remember what forest done last season, reading a few peoples comments we posted well and are nearly there in terms of the squad.

7 hours ago, Boroinredcar said:

Explain that please. You dont know about todays midfielders .  5 really good options for 3 positions which can actually rotate. Who exactly without putting square pegs in round holes which apparently Wilder does not want.

who exactly? you dont know the 5 good midfield options we have? we need a new midfielder if paddy plays rcb. or if paddy continues to play midfield we need a new cb. which feels like a good idea after this season start.

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?