Jump to content
oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - (G)Riis Megamix


Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, boro_fan_in_brum said:

Must be close to getting someone in if we are letting players in that position leave. 

It would be nice to think so but I think its the proverbial put your hand in a bucket of water, grab a handful, pull it out quick and the hole that is left is how much he'll be missed!

Never could figure out why he wasn't given a run of games, he was no worse than any of the others but I suspect Covid and homesickness ruined any chance he had to settle into a new Country.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 28.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, boro_fan_in_brum said:

Must be close to getting someone in if we are letting players in that position leave. 

Think that's wishful thinking. There was no way he wasn't out the door this summer. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, boro_fan_in_brum said:

Must be close to getting someone in if we are letting players in that position leave. 

we still have 6 keepers with Pro contracts

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, boro_fan_in_brum said:

Must be close to getting someone in if we are letting players in that position leave. 

him, lumley, daniels all been free to leave since end of the season, they all not first choice so if they have options to go somewhere else and possibly get game time or better wages then it's typical of alot of clubs to not stand in the way of the reserve keepers to leave as they are easily replaced, its just the first choice keeper thats always hard to nail on someone good that a clubs willing to sell. They not going to wait until they have signed a new number 1 if they have the chance to move any of these players off the books, as why pay for wages if they going to leave in a few months anyways if you have that choice. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, "KM" said:

My word we have signed some really shocking goalkeepers over the last couple of years. 😂

I know he hasn't won over any of the managers since & that's on him, but I do feel a little for him with the original situation.

Come in, wait to make your debut - play a few games, season paused for 3 months. Get battered in your first game back and the manager that brought you in is immediately sacked. Not easy.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rob said:

yeah way I normally see it to go up you need to be one of two teams, one is the dominant side , usually charactisitc of that is massive investment from parachute payments, keeping existing premier league talent from relegation and/or sudden big investment and over spending successfully to get up.

Then the other teams that do well and are usually the suprise elements that don't really have that many unbelievable stand out players or many if any big name transfers in on paper but play great as a team all together and think thats realisticly the only way we will get back up there again

Exactly this. Next season the teams with big money to spend will be 

Watford, Norwich, Burnley

From the next tier we'll have WBA and Sheffield Utd who still have significant parachute payments.

After that we'll have teams like ourselves who are (by Championship standards) on a reasonable financial footing and have the ability to spend north of £10m on transfers. Not many of these but Sunderland may join that club if they get investment. If Forest don't go up they may have money to spend, not so sure about Huddersfield. Stoke may be a real contender next year.

There'll be 2-3 other teams that massively over-perform like Luton, Coventry and so on. 

From the financial perspective we're probably in the best shape to make a promotion push since our first season back down. Although Watford and Norwich are used to the yo-yo plan, the continual relegations may finally break them. Burnley is a bit of a wild card. They could do a Fulham and prove too good for the Championship or do a Sunderland and sink like a stone if the financial engineering they did bites hard enough. Although we are financially out-gunned by about 5 other teams, I feel that other factors might level the playing field a bit.

I feel that if we don't make the play-offs the season will have to be counted a failure. That does mean recruiting players who have experience of handling the pressure of staying in the top 6 of the championship. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Bruce said:

Exactly this. Next season the teams with big money to spend will be 

Watford, Norwich, Burnley

From the next tier we'll have WBA and Sheffield Utd who still have significant parachute payments.

After that we'll have teams like ourselves who are (by Championship standards) on a reasonable financial footing and have the ability to spend north of £10m on transfers. Not many of these but Sunderland may join that club if they get investment. If Forest don't go up they may have money to spend, not so sure about Huddersfield. Stoke may be a real contender next year.

There'll be 2-3 other teams that massively over-perform like Luton, Coventry and so on. 

From the financial perspective we're probably in the best shape to make a promotion push since our first season back down. Although Watford and Norwich are used to the yo-yo plan, the continual relegations may finally break them. Burnley is a bit of a wild card. They could do a Fulham and prove too good for the Championship or do a Sunderland and sink like a stone if the financial engineering they did bites hard enough. Although we are financially out-gunned by about 5 other teams, I feel that other factors might level the playing field a bit.

I feel that if we don't make the play-offs the season will have to be counted a failure. That does mean recruiting players who have experience of handling the pressure of staying in the top 6 of the championship. 

Early odds have us as the joint 4th favourite to win the division with Burnley. I think Burnley will be trapped in the Championship for a long time, they have so many of their best players leaving on a free and a big pile of debt that essentially encompasses their entire parachute payment.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Rob said:

him, lumley, daniels all been free to leave since end of the season, they all not first choice so if they have options to go somewhere else and possibly get game time or better wages then it's typical of alot of clubs to not stand in the way of the reserve keepers to leave as they are easily replaced, its just the first choice keeper thats always hard to nail on someone good that a clubs willing to sell. They not going to wait until they have signed a new number 1 if they have the chance to move any of these players off the books, as why pay for wages if they going to leave in a few months anyways if you have that choice. 

Get out the wrong side of the bed fella? 😂

I’m aware that some were told they are free to leave but I still think they might have some kind target that might be close or at least at a good stage.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, "KM" said:

My word we have signed some really shocking goalkeepers over the last couple of years. 😂

I didn’t really think we saw enough of Stoj consistently to make a judgement on him. But again, it hopefully shows what model we’re trying to move away from with literally just wasting money based off of poor scouting and decision making. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

he made ainsley pears look good.

no that was our defence that did that lol

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, thatoldchestnut said:

One thing you never find out is who exactly thought he was the answer to our goalkeeper problems.

who ever has the clubs youtube account doing the scouting for our top talent

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm hoping there's truth in the Zander Clark link personally

Seems very well liked up there and looks solid and reliable from the little we've seen, be cheapest option as well you'd think 

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, LBP said:

I'm hoping there's truth in the Zander Clark link personally

Seems very well liked up there and looks solid and reliable from the little we've seen, be cheapest option as well you'd think 

We've been linked to loads of Scottish based players in the last few windows but never seem to complete any deals wonder if this one's on

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • wilsoncgp changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - (G)Riis Megamix
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - Hoppe and awayyyy

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...