oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

I mean we signed an unknown player from Argentina for 6mil last year with no major outgoings, surely if we sell Spence for 15mil plus we can afford to give it a real go this summer.

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Just a question does anyone feel we will use Ameobi (if declared fit enough)next season, what is his contract with Boro?

Signed a 2 year deal with an option of a third. I cant see him ever getting a competitive run out for us.. No wingers anymore!

25 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Just a question does anyone feel we will use Ameobi (if declared fit enough)next season, what is his contract with Boro?

There’s been a deafening silence about him and his injury. I’ve never seen what is supposed to be wrong with him, other that a general comment about a knee. You would think that if it was a specific known injury we would have got updates about any operation and subsequent recovery. With Fisher we got told what it was and that he would be out all season. There must be some reason that no one’s saying anything about Ameobi and any possible return. For that reason, I kind of doubt he will ever play for us again. Will he recover to play for anyone at a high level?

Wasn’t there rumours over whether he had an undisclosed  injury when he signed/some kind of legal issue?

Had to be ACL, surely? He's only 29, so you'd hope he'd be able to get some fitness back over pre-season. 

Hard to see him playing a role for us even if he can get match sharpness back, as we don't use wingers anymore. If he's fit enough, I think he'll be loaned out if we can. 

Hypothetical spitballing here, but in the very likely event we get a windfall from Spence, would people rather?

A: Spend big on one or two players 6-8 million and fill in the gaps with frees and loans.

B:Spend maybe 2-3 million on 5-6 players. 

I'd be tempted with option A just because a marquee signing or two gets the juices flowing and some excitement for the season. Could definitely be argued option B gives us a better overall team and squad depth and therefore a stronger chance if promotion. 

22 minutes ago, ScarBoro said:

There’s been a deafening silence about him and his injury. I’ve never seen what is supposed to be wrong with him, other that a general comment about a knee. You would think that if it was a specific known injury we would have got updates about any operation and subsequent recovery. With Fisher we got told what it was and that he would be out all season. There must be some reason that no one’s saying anything about Ameobi and any possible return. For that reason, I kind of doubt he will ever play for us again. Will he recover to play for anyone at a high level?

Wasn’t there rumours over whether he had an undisclosed  injury when he signed/some kind of legal issue?

I think Wilder's mentioned Ameobi more often than Warnock did, after the injury happened.

The fact a pretty bad injury flared up so soon after joining almost certainly makes me think the club wanted out and was wondering how the hell it got between the cracks.

8 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

Hypothetical spitballing here, but in the very likely event we get a windfall from Spence, would people rather?

A: Spend big on one or two players 6-8 million and fill in the gaps with frees and loans.

I'd be tempted with option A just because a marquee signing or two gets the juices flowing and some excitement for the season. Could definitely be argued option B gives us a better overall team and squad depth and therefore a stronger chance if promotion. 

We won't be spending big money on anyone. Especially with the COVID deficit and other constraints coming in

4 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Depends how much Gyokores will cost us, I can't see him being cheap.

I think he'd likely be one of the marquee signings. Probably 6-8m.

6 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

My juices and excitement would flow a lot better if we had an actual team as oppossed to a couple of players we were very heavily reliant on.

Payero was a marquee signing and had my juices flowing but he at the moment has not lived up to that excitement.

P.S: I would be shocked if we spent £2-3m on 5/6 players as that would been an outlay of about £15m and that is a lot for a team that is about to enter its 6th season in Championship (even with the Spence windfall). If we get £15m for him I would hope we could spend half of it

10 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

I think whichever way we go about it, we have to improve the first team in key areas and not doing that because of how much we spend on individual transfers would be a failure.

I'm pretty excited for next season regardless because I think this manager will get more out of the team overall and will be working with a better squad than he has right now.

There's also the loan and free agent market to consider, I'm sure Wilder will want to make use of them. Clear that we have to improve from the January window but think it was always going to be more difficult then.

I think people will be disappointed if they think the Spence money (whatever it may be) will be splashed on new players. There's probably a plan in place for transfers that doesn't rely on that money being needed. It might help us get a few deals over the line though. 

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?