oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

35 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

one of mcnair, fry, dijksteel will have to make way anyway if the new lad comes in

Just move McNair into DM position and have Howson as competition. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

5 hours ago, boksicdink said:

He’s poor - he is the Saints version of Mark Noble, isn’t good enough but they can’t shift him either 

Mark Noble has like 400+ Premier League appearances.  If West Ham wanted to shift him they'd have had no problem doing it at all.

4 hours ago, Brunners said:

Also on Fredericks, is he the one who left almost immediately after joining because he was homesick?

Left here you mean?  I think he left Bristol City for those reasons or something to do with wanting to be nearer home because of something to do with a family member but here he played for a while, then he got injured, then he got fit again but wasn't playing every game, then he got injured in a game at Forest, and was then out for the run in.  He came back for that mental Fulham game if you remember it?  There was a suggestion that there had been some sort of falling out between him and Karanka but who knows 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, RiversideRed said:

Agree, I would take Jack Clarke. He looked good for Sunderland in the later games of the season.

Jack Clarke wouldn't fit into our system.

1 hour ago, Foogle said:

Clarke was playing as a Left Wingback for Sunderland and looked good. Clarke and Bola would give us some decent options. Would still prefer to spend more on fewer players we are sure will improve our starting 11.

Clarke spent half his time on the bench with the Mackems.  He looked bright in the play offs against Sheff Wed but I'm assuming there's a reason he wasn't a regular.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Changing Times said:
5 hours ago, Brunners said:

Also on Fredericks, is he the one who left almost immediately after joining because he was homesick?

Left here you mean?  I think he left Bristol City for those reasons or something to do with wanting to be nearer home because of something to do with a family member but here he played for a while, then he got injured, then he got fit again but wasn't playing every game, then he got injured in a game at Forest, and was then out for the run in.  He came back for that mental Fulham game if you remember it?  There was a suggestion that there had been some sort of falling out between him and Karanka but who knows 🤷‍♂️

Yeah that's right. I think at the time there was a rumour that Fredericks and Carayol (and maybe one more) went out to a nightclub the night before a match, but that was just a claim on here or Twitter. But it did line up with Fredericks' exile from the team, and then as you say, bizarrely he reappeared in that Fulham match. 

I did like him when he played though, and he's presumably a much better player now.

33 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Just move McNair into DM position and have Howson as competition. 

Why? I don’t get some peoples obsession with playing McNair in midfield. Has he ever been good in midfield? Howson is by far a better player in that position. CB is his best position hence why he’s been moved there. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
1 hour ago, nunthorpered said:

one of mcnair, fry, dijksteel will have to make way anyway if the new lad comes in

If it's Lenihan then it would be Fry wouldn't it?  I don't think he could play on the left, and he's never really struck me as the type to be charging forward joining attacks, taking players on etc?  He's basically a similar signing as Flint was, same level of player, just a combative standard Championship defender, no more than that.  We probably do lack that in a way in fairness so I suppose I can see the logic to an extent.

1 minute ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Why? I don’t get some peoples obsession with playing McNair in midfield. Has he ever been good in midfield? Howson is by far a better player in that position. CB is his best position hence why he’s been moved there. 

Yes bang average in midfield, if were hoping for top 2 we need better than him and howson

3 minutes ago, Tom said:

Yeah that's right. I think at the time there was a rumour that Fredericks and Carayol (and maybe one more) went out to a nightclub the night before a match, but that was just a claim on here or Twitter. But it did line up with Fredericks' exile from the team, and then as you say, bizarrely he reappeared in that Fulham match. 

I did like him when he played though, and he's presumably a much better player now.

Yeah, that's it.  Something to do with drinking the night before a game was the talk doing the rounds I seem to recall.  

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

If it's Lenihan then it would be Fry wouldn't it?  I don't think he could play on the left, and he's never really struck me as the type to be charging forward joining attacks, taking players on etc?  He's basically a similar signing as Flint was, same level of player, just a combative standard Championship defender, no more than that.  We probably do lack that in a way in fairness so I suppose I can see the logic to an extent.

Lenihan is more of a RCB, he's a decent ball player has played at RB and in Midfield, in no way would I compare him to Flint.

25 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Ah thanks - knew it happened to him at some point, could have sworn it was when he moved here! faulty memory eh.

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?