oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

7 hours ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Sporar statistically the 2nd worst striker in the league, behind Hugill. Lol

Well what about all the strikers who don’t even make it onto the chart? 

im not sure just being low down means that either as at least he’s getting shots in compared to the guys over to the left. 

but clearly he is too low down and Watmore is too far left. 

wonder what Piroe would cost, too much I suspect. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Foogle said:

I'd flip that round and ask you what makes him not a good CB? He wins his duels in the air and on the ground, he's mobile and has a good passing range. His role also requires him to move into midfield, not many CBs at this level could pull it off effectively.

He doesn't win his duals when the ball is crossed into our box hes actually very weak against more physical forwards. His positioning isn't great and he gets caught out too much when teams attack the channels especially. His decions are poor especially in and around the box and his clearances often are weak and find the opposition he's been at fault for costing us a fair few goals with bad clearances. He often commits himself and doesn't win the ball when it's better to stay on his feet. He's been directly at fault for around 10 goals this season. 

Basically he looks like a midfielder who is filling in as a cb he doesn't have the nouse or experience to be a good cb at championship level. He's OK if your short for a week or two filling in but not for a full season playing there.

Don't get me wrong when we play well and he plays well he looks good because he's good on the ball etc but that doesn't make him a good defender... he doesn't do the basics well defending our box.

On the flip side he's good on the ball and has a decent range of passing. He's mobile and reasonable in the air when not defending close to goal against big strikers. He's got an eye for goal and a good strike. He's got a decent engine and he plays well for his national team in cm. All of his attributes for me point to him to play midfield not cb. Given games to settle there I'm confident he will do a really good job there. 

13 hours ago, Neverbefore said:

Charlie Goode. People were disappointed we didn't sign him 3 years ago. In the following 3 seasons he's started 11 games 

We went to South America flew Him over to show him around...He was met at Heathrow by another club and Signed for them instead...I think It was Diego Forlan and the club was Man UTD not the only Top club to have our pants down either...We all remember Christian Zieger was our player of the year, Went away to play for Germany whilst on International duty Was "Tapped up" by Liverpool and returned to Anfield to play for them AND being found guilty got a slap on the wrist and told to offer Boro some sweets as Compo(I think we got pear drops)

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Footballers have a relatively short career compared to us mere mortals. As professional athletes they need to be fully focussed in terms of training, dedication to their art and lifestyle. There are of course as with everything in life some notable exceptions like George Best or Gazza but even then their fire burns out far quicker than it should do.

My beef with Connolly was that the opinions and stories from Brighton fans was that he was no Gazza or Best but he thought he was bigger and better than he was. Not unusual with many young lads generally who won't or don't want to listen but if I'm shopping for a Footballer it's something I'd steer well clear off as it's more likely to end in disappointment than exceed expectations. Arguably from a Boro perspective you could cite Souness as a troubled lad who did turn things around and perhaps now Spence could fall into that category. 

That I thought Connolly would be poor wasn't a surprise but that he was even worse than I feared did surprise even me. That Wilder/Scott or whoever couldn't see what to me was obvious before he came worries me. That Wilder kept playing him was of more concern in that he kept picking him but clearly expected a different outcome in a "doing the same thing over and over again but expecting different results" madness.

The lad came and bombed as many predicted but booing him was out of order but you have to ask how that situation arose and I have to point towards the dugout.

Souness came in for some harsh criticism from my Late Father "All the lazy bugger does is stand in the centre circle passing the ball around" totally forgetting every ball landed at the feet of John Hickton who was homing on goal

• Haha 2
5 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

Souness came in for some harsh criticism from my Late Father "All the lazy bugger does is stand in the centre circle passing the ball around" totally forgetting every ball landed at the feet of John Hickton who was homing on goal

See my dad was left handed and said everyone should be a "Lefty" and the world would be a better place He was also Ginger which compounded matters

• Haha 1
14 hours ago, Old Codger said:

on the subject of transfers, was wondering which player that somebody hijacked us on, is the one that people think that " we dodged a bullet with him". Always hear about the one that got away, but there must be someone that we are glad they did. 

Waghorn

54 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

We went to South America flew Him over to show him around...He was met at Heathrow by another club and Signed for them instead...I think It was Diego Forlan and the club was Man UTD not the only Top club to have our pants down either...We all remember Christian Zieger was our player of the year, Went away to play for Germany whilst on International duty Was "Tapped up" by Liverpool and returned to Anfield to play for them AND being found guilty got a slap on the wrist and told to offer Boro some sweets as Compo(I think we got pear drops)

If that was a "small" club they would have been chucked out of the League 

10 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

See my dad was left handed and said everyone should be a "Lefty" and the world would be a better place He was also Ginger which compounded matters

Everyone should be left handed & the world would be a better place, He was correct.... I got some severe beatings at school about 50 years ago for being a lefty! Insane now when you think about how stupid that was. It was on the same level as having Leprosy🤣

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Leesider said:

Everyone should be left handed & the world would be a better place, He was correct.... I got some severe beatings at school about 50 years ago for being a lefty! Insane now when you think about how stupid that was. It was on the same level as having Leprosy🤣

Are you sure it wasn't your political leaning rather than your dexterity?

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Barnaby said:

The thing that hurt the most about Utd stealing Forlan was him saying afterward that Utd are a bigger club, and offered him more money than us.

I know both statements are true but even so it's still painful. At least his career didn't set alight until he went to Atletico Madrid.

9 hours ago, Brunners said:

we were in for Ross McCormack, for ages - it was a whole big thing.

Also, VB basically got verbally harassed off the forum after that and he never came back. Passed away last year 😞 Big RIP

Oh what?? That’s horrible to hear. Rip VB

two lads at  recently relegated wimbledon, Ayoub Assal and Jack rudoni keep popping up all over the place when i look around at players. Both 20 and both got 8 (assal) and 12 (Rudoini) goals respectively. Also both appear in the top metrics for Midfielders across league 1.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Barnaby said:

Souness definitely didn't just stand in the centre circle passing the ball around.

Are you sure your dad wasn't on about Murdoch? That was pretty much his job description. 

• Like 1

Ben Mee set to leave Burnley on a free this summer. He is 33 in September but expect he might have lower end PL interest.

He would be great as the LCB option along with being a leader. Although I accept there an argument that we should maybe look at someone younger and more long term longevity. 

• Like 1
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?