oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Changing Times said:

I suppose I would say a couple of things in response to that. The first would be that we haven’t got the best out of the strikers currently here so I’m not sure what Wilder has actually shown so far at least in that regard. He had Billy Sharp scoring a lot of goals, which is something he’d done before Wilder.  We can say that Wilder got plenty out of him but he didn’t turn a non scoring striker into a goal machine. Similarly, McGoldrick had actually hit double figures in a few seasons before he joined Sheffield Utd so it’s not like Wilder got something out of him that he’d never done before either. With someone like Morris, Wilder would need to get more out of him than Morris has managed anywhere else.  For what it’s worth I’d rather Morris than Ikpeazu. 

Cant fault your knowledge @Changing Times. Spot on. Your banter is questionable mind haha. 

9 hours ago, notjade said:

No thanks, he bailed on us twice

He was a Chelsea Player on loan to us so I'm not sure how that can be construed as bailed on us? When we bought him we also stupidly wasted £15M on Assombaloga and struggled to meet FFP and one had to be sold. Nobody wanted to fork out the £15M on Britt nor could we take a hit on the £15M so Bamford was sold to balance the books because of poor financial management on the Clubs part. 

Doesn't Bamford hold the record for second most goals (19) in a season since we moved to the Riverside? Wasn't it his goals that propelled Pulis to the Play Offs and then $hit on him? Wasn't it the same Manager who was doing Steve "a favour" by clearing out players to make money to clear a mess up?

There was spin and hype put out at the time of the transfer to Leeds to try and discredit him as the Club knew fans would be annoyed and upset, some believed every word Pulis said and some didn't (and still don't). The lad was happy and content at the Club and ironically had a great friendship with Assombalonga. 

• Like 2
44 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

He was a Chelsea Player on loan to us so I'm not sure how that can be construed as bailed on us? When we bought him we also stupidly wasted £15M on Assombaloga and struggled to meet FFP and one had to be sold. Nobody wanted to fork out the £15M on Britt nor could we take a hit on the £15M so Bamford was sold to balance the books because of poor financial management on the Clubs part. 

Doesn't Bamford hold the record for second most goals (19) in a season since we moved to the Riverside? Wasn't it his goals that propelled Pulis to the Play Offs and then $hit on him? Wasn't it the same Manager who was doing Steve "a favour" by clearing out players to make money to clear a mess up?

There was spin and hype put out at the time of the transfer to Leeds to try and discredit him as the Club knew fans would be annoyed and upset, some believed every word Pulis said and some didn't (and still don't). The lad was happy and content at the Club and ironically had a great friendship with Assombalonga. 

Yea the recruitment around this time was so damaging. To already have Bamford and go out and sign Assombalonga, Braithwaite, Fletcher not to mention also having Gestede on the books,(did we have Rhodes overlap in same period too?) really no planning or forward thinking. Bamford was by far the best of the bunch and should have done all we could to keep and play him. Didn’t monk play him out of position. Memory hazy of that time think I’ve blanked it out 😂

3 minutes ago, Riverside94 said:

Yea the recruitment around this time was so damaging. To already have Bamford and go out and sign Assombalonga, Braithwaite, Fletcher not to mention also having Gestede on the books,(did we have Rhodes overlap in same period too?) really no planning or forward thinking. Bamford was by far the best of the bunch and should have done all we could to keep and play him. Didn’t monk play him out of position. Memory hazy of that time think I’ve blanked it out 😂

From memory (that I have tried to forget) Monk started with three Strikers, Bamford, Britt and Braithwaite then changed it before constantly chopping and changing things as he gradually lost the plot having bought so many players. Pulis kept Gestede, cleared out Bamford but reinvested the money on Hugill on an expensive loan deal and Saville. So much for balancing the books. There was always that uncomfortable rumour/allegations of how Pulis conducted sales at previous Clubs to throw into the mix. 

46 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

There was always that uncomfortable rumour/allegations of how Pulis conducted sales at previous Clubs to throw into the mix. 

Which really made his appointment baffling considering the reason Monk was shown the door.

In hindsight the Monk debarcle should have shown Gibson then the need for reform at the club.

I agree that if Armstrong is available then we would be foolish to not at least enquire.

I also think that we are focusing on the wrong League 1 GK. All the hype on Bazunu when we should be seriously looking at Michael Cooper. L1 TOTY, great with the ball at his feet, superb shot stopper and young. Yes, Argyles result on Saturday would suggest the contrary but he would be absolutely perfect for us. 

Would also love to see Ryan Hardie in as part of our striking options and George Cooper who, at LWB, was producing the best stats in the EFL in that position before getting injured.

However, with Ryan Lowe now at Preston it wouldn't surprise me to see them all there next season.

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, Humpty said:

Why on earth would Bamford come to us in our current situation? Come on lads..

probs rather stay with leeds if they went down 

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

It must be quite a small pot of players we are looking at:

British League Experience 

Irish

Playing in Germany

add "terrible goal scoring record" to the list too.

• Haha 2
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?