oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Smogzilla said:

From that article it at least sounds like we are not stuck with Lea Siliki. 
And we were heavily linked with Reece Oxford last summer but after this season he’s probably out of reach for us. If we are targeting the Bundesliga I suppose it must be players that have also played quite a bit for Boro to have extended data on them. 
Wilder dissing the South American leagues probably explains why Payero hasn’t really played much when available. Hopefully a season of experience will have him ready for the next season. 

7 minutes ago, Borodane said:

From that article it at least sounds like we are not stuck with Lea Siliki. 
And we were heavily linked with Reece Oxford last summer but after this season he’s probably out of reach for us. If we are targeting the Bundesliga I suppose it must be players that have also played quite a bit for Boro to have extended data on them. 
Wilder dissing the South American leagues probably explains why Payero hasn’t really played much when available. Hopefully a season of experience will have him ready for the next season. 

Uwe Fuchs ll incoming.

52 minutes ago, Hendrie_7 said:

Connor Noß sounds perfect

Borussia M'gladbach attacker Conor Noß hasn't been involved in many of their Bundesliga matches in 2021/2022, making three appearances overall and accumulating 50 minutes of playing time. Every one of his appearances this season have come as a substitute. 

Noß last featured in a Bundesliga game on April 23, playing 21 minutes for Borussia M'gladbach against Freiburg in a 3-3 draw.

Next up for Borussia M'gladbach in the league - who are in 10th place in the standings on 41 points - is a trip to Eintracht Frankfurt on May 8.

Last season for Borussia M'gladbach II, Noß made 21 Regionalliga appearances and scored one goal. 

Before linking up with Borussia M'gladbach in July 2021, Noß made 48 league appearances in total at Borussia M'gladbach II, scoring two goals.

The attacker debuted in a Bundesliga fixture for Borussia M'gladbach on November 20, 2021 as a substitute against Greuther Fürth aged 20 years and 323 days. In his Bundesliga career overall, he has appeared three times in the competition.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/sources-nottingham-forest-confident-of-sealing-eight-figure-transfer-as-part-of-double-boost-in-the-event-of-promotion/

"Nottingham Forest are confident of signing Djed Spence from Middlesbrough if they can win promotion to the Premier League, with Football League World understanding that the fee could be somewhere between £15-17m."

https://www.teamtalk.com/nottingham-forest/djed-spence-transfer-news-exclusive-promotion

"Djed Spence is set to turn down some of Europe’s elite clubs, if Nottingham Forest are promoted to the Premier League, TEAMtalk understands.

Right-back Spence is on-loan at Forest from their Championship rivals Middlesbrough, who have already made it clear that they are looking to sell.  (...)  The 21-year-old, who signed an extension with Boro before moving to the City Ground on loan, is keeping his options open. But it is understood that if Forest are promoted then he is ready to commit to the club."

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Hendrie_7 said:

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/sources-nottingham-forest-confident-of-sealing-eight-figure-transfer-as-part-of-double-boost-in-the-event-of-promotion/

"Nottingham Forest are confident of signing Djed Spence from Middlesbrough if they can win promotion to the Premier League, with Football League World understanding that the fee could be somewhere between £15-17m."

https://www.teamtalk.com/nottingham-forest/djed-spence-transfer-news-exclusive-promotion

"Djed Spence is set to turn down some of Europe’s elite clubs, if Nottingham Forest are promoted to the Premier League, TEAMtalk understands.

Right-back Spence is on-loan at Forest from their Championship rivals Middlesbrough, who have already made it clear that they are looking to sell.  (...)  The 21-year-old, who signed an extension with Boro before moving to the City Ground on loan, is keeping his options open. But it is understood that if Forest are promoted then he is ready to commit to the club."

They sold Matty Cash to Villa for essentially the same sort of money, but think we could push it up a bit further if they did get promoted as he'd be a known quantity to them.

5 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

No issue with him moving there permanently if they go up.

I just hope that there really is concrete interest from bigger clubs to push up the price.

My worry is that Djed makes it difficult for us. Depending on the clubs willing to match a higher price, he could drag it out a bit by wanting a Forest transfer and they might not want to spend as much as some of the bigger clubs who want him to sit on their bench.

I’d like us to have a look at Rhys healey. His record at Toulouse speaks for itself and he fits the wilder mould. Also take a punt on josh Laurent at reading, grow into Howsons position If he doesn’t stay. But think his contracts up.

• Like 2
Just now, Hendrie_7 said:

I wonder if we'd look to add a sell on clause if he goes to Forest?  Once decent season in the PL and his value would rocket.

It depends because if you're putting on a sell-on clause you'll be accepting less money upfront, I'd be looking to use that money ASAP to try and get promoted in the next 3 years.

• Like 2

Lots of things to consider regarding sell on clauses. Some clubs will pay a premium not to have that included, depends on their own valuation and situation. For example, Forest might bank on selling him should they go back down, they wouldn't want a chunk of that going our way if they did. They also might not be able to afford to buy out the clause if our valuation of the clause if significant.

13 minutes ago, Guffie said:

I’d like us to have a look at Rhys healey. His record at Toulouse speaks for itself and he fits the wilder mould. Also take a punt on josh Laurent at reading, grow into Howsons position If he doesn’t stay. But think his contracts up.

We’ve been linked a couple of times with him in recent years. I’m sure the club are aware of him (most are).

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Foogle said:

It depends because if you're putting on a sell-on clause you'll be accepting less money upfront, I'd be looking to use that money ASAP to try and get promoted in the next 3 years.

At the same time, Wan Bissaka had one decent season with Palace then United spunked £50mill on him.

Its on of those where it’s impossible to call what the right decision is as of now. Only hind-sight will tell.

• Like 1
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?