oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

6 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

Britt was great at Forest before that knee injury. He played in a two striker formation.

Monk was clueless then he had Pulis & Warnock as a manager which is rough going. But he didn't looked arsed.

The worst thing for me is he use to grin when he'd miss an easy chance. Shame because I was really excited when we signed him. He was a player I'd always wanted at Boro but it didn't work out. 

Britt was totally wasted under Monk, along with all the other players he was given. Then the fact he scored at all was impressive under Pulis with four CDMs behind him. Whole team was dogsh*t under Woody. By the time Warnock arrived, I don't really blame Britt for checking out. 

40 league goals wasn't a terrible return in three seasons considering the above. 

Still makes me laugh that he gets grief from Boro fans for grinning 😂 For what it's worth, I always saw it as a grin of disbelief... Like 'How the F did I just miss that.' Some people react like that.  

• Like 3
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Britt was totally wasted under Monk, along with all the other players he was given. Then the fact he scored at all was impressive under Pulis with four CDMs behind him. Whole team was dogsh*t under Woody. By the time Warnock arrived, I don't really blame Britt for checking out. 

Still makes me laugh that he gets grief from Boro fans for grinning 😂 For what it's worth, I always saw it as a grin of disbelief... Like 'How the F did I just miss that.' Some people react like that.  

I saw it as a how the f did someone pay 15 million for me 

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, Alves car salesman said:

Think we have gone cold on Gayle as such high costs ( wages & loan fee) 

On what basis are you deciding that? It's been 24 hours.

4 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

5 subs next season, we'll need the options.

Yeah it's an advantage for the teams with a bigger budget and a decent academy.

3 hours ago, Bruce said:

Though Archer also joined Preston NE on loan in January. In that time, played 20, scored 7, 1 assist. Balogun scored 3 and assisted 3 in the same time though with a lot less match time.

Archer

image.png.3a523fa65462e131318cb4060e50919f.png

Balogun

image.png.62cc602940d3bfe58afb451f57102e27.png

i agree archer did well, the only thing i would say is Balogun played almost half as many league minutes. He played 10 games worth of minutes compared to Archer 18 games. When thats taken into account the difference in stats dissapears.

And just based on his overall England performance and glimpses of what we saw, i really think Balogun could do something for us next season.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Yeah it's an advantage for the teams with a bigger budget and a decent academy.

it's great for us considering the high-tempo game that wilder likes to play.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Alves car salesman said:

Think we have gone cold on Gayle as such high costs ( wages & loan fee) 

or.... the deal is done and we are working on the rest, ready to announce 5 signings with the new kit launch.....

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Tarmo Kink Army said:

Surely they would cover most of his wages as they need the squad space 

they will have to unless another club gets desperate and jumps the gun and pays out, reason he hasn't been playing and still there is because no one will pick up his wages to allow him to leave on transfer, they have to loan him out and probably take a hit on paying some of his wages, or pay his contract out in full to him and then take a small transfer fee for him. Either way it will probs work out 6 and 2x3's to them financially in the end

they will want some wages off the books so they get bit more budget for FFP like everyone else

23 minutes ago, macapes said:

On what basis are you deciding that? It's been 24 hours.

on the basis he is impatient lol, he need's transfers annoucning NOWWWWW!!!!!

1 hour ago, TLF10 said:

Has not been a number 1 for over a season a half now. Lost his place to Phillips who himself failed to convince so they interchanged a bit but Phillips seems to have nailed that spot last season.

Didn't he lose his place because he wouldn't sign a new contract

Hi all just catching up so it looks like Spence is on his way to Spurs for a deal worth up to £20m is that all the transfer news from today? 

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?