oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

Just now, T-CIDER said:

Is he his replacement though? Not seen enough of him to know if he's even as good as Tav really

He can't do what Tav does for us. That's not to say he can't replace him if we change slightly but McGree doesn't cover half the ground Tav does and I think we've seem enough to say he never will be able to.

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I don't think many of the factors that have led to Spence being valued at £20m are there with Tavernier.

The main factors are being young, English and good with the potential to develop more. All of those things are there for both. The performance in televised games is massively overblown by fans (although even there Tav was a standout player against United and Tottenham), as is the idea that a player playing in a team who finished 4th gets that much more credit than one who played in a team finishing 7th.

4 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I don't think many of the factors that have led to Spence being valued at £20m are there with Tavernier.

Maybe. But that's our call to make isn't it? We can value him at what he's worth to us right now.

Be different if it was the last year of his contract and he was desperate to leave or we were in a dire financial position, then it's more about what the buying club is willing to pay. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Will said:

The main factors are being young, English and good with the potential to develop more. All of those things are there for both. The performance in televised games is massively overblown by fans (although even there Tav was a standout player against United and Tottenham), as is the idea that a player playing in a team who finished 4th gets that much more credit than one who played in a team finishing 7th.

The main factors are that Spence was in a promoted side, is young, English, and was deemed the best player in his position in the Championship this season.

I don't think fans are overblowing the impact of the FA Cup coverage either, it's a major factor in the increase in his profile.

Tavernier has been our best midfielder this season, but he's been nowhere near the best midfielder in the division.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Maybe. But that's our call to make isn't it? We can value him at what he's worth to us right now.

Be different if it was the last year of his contract and he was desperate to leave or we were in a dire financial position, then it's more about what the buying club is willing to pay. 

Obviously it's our call.

I'm of the opinion that the club would probably consider £10m a decent offer.

I don't want us to sell him, I'd prefer if we convinced him to sign a new contract, but I think the club may be tempted.

i agree that tav is one of our top players and also agree that 10m is way too low compared to 20m for spence. sadly that speaks more about the crazyness of the spence valuation. id value tav around 17m and spence maybe 13m. for your 30m.

regarding lwb , i believe we made enquiries about pederson from brum a year or so ago and he has just been released.  

• Like 1

I've had a go at Tav at times, but I have to say he held his own in the cup games against top opposition , the Prem may suit him, hence hold out for a big fee , explaining a bigger club than Bournemouth will come in, it's about the negotiation , although I don't think we've been at our best in the past on that subject.

14 minutes ago, T-CIDER said:

Is he his replacement though? Not seen enough of him to know if he's even as good as Tav really

Both bring different things, McGree makes direct forward runs in behind where Tav will look to move into pockets of space and take the ball into feet. Tav probably edges McGree on graft and energy when we don't have the ball but on the flip side McGree is very quick and has excellent technical ability, he's the ready made replacement in my opinion. 

I like Tav and I'm not looking to shove him out of the door but if there is offers coming in around the £10 million mark I'd be shocked if those offers weren't seriously discussed. 

8 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

The main factors are that Spence was in a promoted side, is young, English, and was deemed the best player in his position in the Championship this season.

I don't think fans are overblowing the impact of the FA Cup coverage either, it's a major factor in the increase in his profile.

Tavernier has been our best midfielder this season, but he's been nowhere near the best midfielder in the division.

Him being in a promoted side would be far more relevant to his value if he was owned by that team. The fact he's owned by a Championship team reduces the effect of that aspect in my opinion. Team of the season adding to a players value is a bit of a joke, not a single central midfielder was actually picked in the team of the season this year. Carvhalho played wide or as a number 10, Wilson played wide and Billing played as a second striker/number 10 for most of the season. We'll be adding value for making Garth Crooks' confused team of the week next.

The main factors you mention, and the ones that make up the vast majority of the value apply to both players. 

When you look at Tavs stats he has been very close to the best midfielders in the division this season. He's got elite creativity, offensive and defensive duels per game and success rate, he is a prototypical box-to-box midfielder for the way many teams are moving. If we'd had better, more efficient strikers this season Tav would be viewed as one of if not the best central midfielders in the division.

• Like 3
17 minutes ago, Will said:

Him being in a promoted side would be far more relevant to his value if he was owned by that team. The fact he's owned by a Championship team reduces the effect of that aspect in my opinion. Team of the season adding to a players value is a bit of a joke, not a single central midfielder was actually picked in the team of the season this year. Carvhalho played wide or as a number 10, Wilson played wide and Billing played as a second striker/number 10 for most of the season. We'll be adding value for making Garth Crooks' confused team of the week next.

The main factors you mention, and the ones that make up the vast majority of the value apply to both players. 

When you look at Tavs stats he has been very close to the best midfielders in the division this season. He's got elite creativity, offensive and defensive duels per game and success rate, he is a prototypical box-to-box midfielder for the way many teams are moving. If we'd had better, more efficient strikers this season Tav would be viewed as one of if not the best central midfielders in the division.

If the early signs of what Wilder is building for next season are what we all hope, I reckon this is the season Tav blows up as one of the best players in the league and other teams take notice. 

I know it's pie in the sky at the moment, but imagine Tav feeding Gyokeres and Armstrong instead of Sporar and Connoly. And having a wing back on his side comparable to Jones - Tav must have looked on in envy at Crooks last season, while he was forced to play with Neil Taylor. 

• Like 4
4 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

if 10 is the opening offer I'd try push it up to 15+a sell on % and move on.. there's not much we can do with his deal up next year.

His deal runs until 2024.

Just now, Borodane said:

Maybe this should be a sticky thread:

TAVS CONTRACT RUNS UNTILL 2024!

I do look forward to not having to say it anymore.

48 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

He might not have the most goal contributions but I saw something the other day on twitter saying he was the only midfielder in the league to be top 10 in key passes and tackles won. For a box to box midfielder you can’t ask for much more than that.

Not trying to suggest he’s the best midfielder in the league but I think most teams would snap our hands off for him. He probably starts for every team except the relegated sides.

• Like 1
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?