oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Uhh exciting to come on tonight and see a lot talk. We obviously need the Spence deal done first though.

@Raf smogdo you know if the sale is close or if the gazette is right with there still not being talks? Appreciate if you can’t say anything.

Thanks for the snippets. 

Definitely closer! but is there a reason gazette and club have said not? 

Just now, Raf smog said:

Presumed it's to keep other bidders in the running, push the price up and put the pressure on

58 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Surely we are not after Tom Heatin. That would be ridiculous. 36 years old and 22 minutes of first team football in the last two years. Can’t get any less ambitious than that. 

He is a better goalkeeper than Dimi was, and we did okay with him.

I imagine Roberts would be the first choice goalkeeper in any case. Heaton would be an experienced backup in case the step up is too much for Roberts.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Raf smog said:

Holding out for that extra million for Lee Gregory’s signing on fee 

1 minute ago, Tom said:

I imagine Roberts would be the first choice goalkeeper in any case. Heaton would be an experienced backup in case the step up is too much for Roberts.

I don’t think you leave Manchester United 3rd choice to become Middlesbrough second choice. Don’t see that myself 

1 minute ago, Tom said:

Im just not sold on an aging keeper that hasn’t played for two years. Doesn’t fill me with confidence at all and is just a stop gap solution. Also has another year to run on his deal and he’s probably on decent wages at United. 

7 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Glad to see things picking up now, not long at all until pre-season starts.

We've got a lot of business that needs doing.

Have things really picked up though because all I’m reading is more paper talk. 😂

5 minutes ago, Tom said:

I don’t know why Heaton would leave the Man U bench to come and sit on the Boro bench. I don’t think there’s anything in it though..

Just now, "KM" said:

I don’t know why Heaton would leave the Man U bench to come and sit on the Boro bench. I don’t think there’s anything in it though..

Parmo's

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Im just not sold on an aging keeper that hasn’t played for two years. Doesn’t fill me with confidence at all and is just a stop gap solution. Also has another year to run on his deal and he’s probably on decent wages at United. 

Agreed, need a long-term keeper. Heaton has two more seasons in him at most.

@Raf smog would you know at this stage whether it would be a straight loan or if we’d negotiate any potential purchase option?

Only asking as we’ve seen first hand how a decent season can massively increase a player’s value so it makes sense if the parent club is willing.

I understand we all want to know more but RAF just said he hasn’t been posting because he gave too much away, if he wants to say more he probably will do 

• Like 6
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?