oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

9 hours ago, TLF10 said:

I really don't think it does go against what we were told. We have made 3 permanent signings under Wilder. McGree, Boyd Munce and lad from Watford. All 23 and under.

Our team clearly lacks experience and know how and we need some of it.

Unless you thought under Scott our entire squad was going to be made up of under 30s I am failing to see where the contradiction has occured between what was said when Scott was announced and what is seemingly happening.

I get that but I’m failing to see where KS fits in with all of this. I thought he was brought in because of his links/expertise but I’m yet to see any of it in action, I get that it’s early in his tenure but I was hoping it would be more ambitious/exciting than being linked with a 36 year old Tom Heaton.

It still just feels like we are going from one extreme to another without a proper long term plan in place. This summer it feels like Wilder’s remit is to get us up next season hence the link with all the experiences pro’s but what if we don’t go up are we going to have another rebuild next year? It’s probably all paper talk rubbish anyway so let’s hope things pick up. 

Edited by "KM"
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

1 minute ago, "KM" said:

I get that but I’m failing to see where KS fits in with all of this. I thought he was brought in because of his links/expertise but I’m yet to see any of it in action, I get that it’s early in his tenure but I was hoping it would be more ambitious/exciting than being linked with a 36 year old Tom Heaton. It’s probably all paper talk rubbish anyway so let’s hope things pick up. 

Is Heaton a big improvement on what we have yes, is he good enough for a promotion chasing side I would say yes.  It's a loan so won't cost a great deal.  Plenty of experience to pass onto the two youngters.  The other guy is interesting though work alongside Heaton, and hopefully push for the first team, think it's a good idea bringing a up and coming keeper in to hopefully be 1st choice for a number of years.

6 minutes ago, scotty189 said:

Is Heaton a big improvement on what we have yes, is he good enough for a promotion chasing side I would say yes.  It's a loan so won't cost a great deal.  Plenty of experience to pass onto the two youngters.  The other guy is interesting though work alongside Heaton, and hopefully push for the first team, think it's a good idea bringing a up and coming keeper in to hopefully be 1st choice for a number of years.

Like I said last night I still think we will push for Dean Henderson on loan if he doesn’t find another club. He must be number one on our list if we were willing to pay £40,000 a week towards his wages.

10 minutes ago, "KM" said:

I get that but I’m failing to see where KS fits in with all of this. I thought he was brought in because of his links/expertise but I’m yet to see any of it in action, I get that it’s early in his tenure but I was hoping it would be more ambitious/exciting than being linked with a 36 year old Tom Heaton.

It still just feels like we are going from one extreme to another without a proper long term plan in place. This summer it feels like Wilder’s remit is to get us up next season hence the link with all the experiences pro’s but what if we don’t go up are we going to have another rebuild next year? It’s probably all paper talk rubbish anyway so let’s hope things pick up. 

I'm with you to an extent.

As excited as I would be for the likes of Armstrong/Gyokeres and Choudhury these seem like the opposite from what we were trying to do with Payero/JLS etc (which obviously hasn't worked well up to now). It's exactly what most of us didn't want lurching from one plan to another. 

I'm wondering if the Spence windfall has brought this on? Gibson's just though "f##k it, let's have a go". Because let's be honest the players we're been linked with this summer 90% of the forum could of picked out. Hardly scouting masterstrokes.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, estonpidge said:

Isn't the Northampton lad 27, should be entering his prime years as a keeper.

I imagine he would play a fair few games if he comes, wonder what he's like as the sweeper keeper

11 minutes ago, "KM" said:

I really just don't see it being that much of a problem. You don't need to break the bank for a goalkeeper in this league, you just need a solid pair of hands. Does anybody really rate Brice Samba, Neil Etheridge, or Lee Nicholls that highly?

3 minutes ago, JTG said:

I really just don't see it being that much of a problem. You don't need to break the bank for a goalkeeper in this league, you just need a solid pair of hands. Does anybody really rate Brice Samba, Neil Etheridge, or Lee Nicholls that highly?

I’m not sure Tom Heaton is the answer even if it is for only for one season. If we were linked with Tom Heaton from Burnley reserves I wonder whether it would get the same positive reaction as being linked with Tom Heaton from Manchester United reserves…

1 minute ago, "KM" said:

I’m not sure Tom Heaton is the answer even if it is for only for one season. If we were linked with Tom Heaton from Burnley reserves I wonder whether it would get the same positive reaction as being linked with Tom Heaton from Manchester United reserves…

I don't think anyone is particularly positive about it but rather indifferent. It got a shoulder shrug out of me at best. Yes we could do better but we could also do much worse and we don't even know if he's coming in to be first choice.

• Like 1

I'm sure the arrival of the new GK coach will have an influence on who we go for, he's hardly going to keep quiet if Heaton is past it and remember Heaton is behind 2 international keepers at UTD.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, JTG said:

I don't think anyone is particularly positive about it but rather indifferent. It got a shoulder shrug out of me at best. Yes we could do better but we could also do much worse and we don't even know if he's coming in to be first choice.

Tbh I'm more excited by the Northampton lad, could be out new Marlon Beresford

33 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

I'm with you to an extent.

As excited as I would be for the likes of Armstrong/Gyokeres and Choudhury these seem like the opposite from what we were trying to do with Payero/JLS etc (which obviously hasn't worked well up to now). It's exactly what most of us didn't want lurching from one plan to another. 

I'm wondering if the Spence windfall has brought this on? Gibson's just though "f##k it, let's have a go". Because let's be honest the players we're been linked with this summer 90% of the forum could of picked out. Hardly scouting masterstrokes.

There is more to it than just identifying targets. It’s getting the deals done on our terms and being a hard bargain when we are selling. Like RAF said yesterday we are no pushovers anymore. Maybe the names could be picked out by the majority of the forum, but would you honestly have thought that Armstrong was a possibility a week ago? Is he someone you would actively have pursued? It’s about having the right connections so you get those sort of snippets. 

• Like 4
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?