oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Nauser said:

I reckon Crooks will be on the list of potential exits too. He might have gotten us goals, but Wilder has been critical of his yellow card tally.

quite possibly.. I've always thought Crooks is an odd fit in Wilder's style, but then he's definitely been a good player for us this season, so it's hard to criticise him or for Wilder not to play him. But he can be a little slow/sloppy in position of the ball at times, and also a liability cards wise

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Did a great job of that today.

Also a great 'tackle' for their second goal, and nowhere to be seen when they counter attacked us right through the middle of the park for their third.  We must be the only club in world football who don't see the need to have a midfielder who can actually protect the centre of the pitch.  

We need someone in there i agree, but we need a squad mate. Fry should be getting more pelters than he does then if we are picking on specifics in games. He is borderline horrific in many games, but no one wants to hear that 

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

We need someone in there i agree, but we need a squad mate. Fry should be getting more pelters than he does then if we are picking on specifics in games. He is borderline horrific in many games, but no one wants to hear that 

Fry is too injury prone imo

Edited by chickenlunch

With crooks' goal tally this season, he'll likely never be as highly valued. I'd cash in and get a better footballer who can protect possession better as well as create more chances. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

Cos it's *** mate 🤷‍♂️

10 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

Agree for the size of him. He get's bullied way too many times.

12 minutes ago, chickenlunch said:

quite possibly.. I've always thought Crooks is an odd fit in Wilder's style, but then he's definitely been a good player for us this season, so it's hard to criticise him or for Wilder not to play him. But he can be a little slow/sloppy in position of the ball at times, and also a liability cards wise

He's a proper Jekyll and Hyde player. Our top scorer, yet is often anonymous in games...unless he gets booked. A very frustrating individual.

I'd like to think there is a better (more intelligent and controlled) player in there somewhere and that he could continue to be a useful goalscoring midfielder for us next season. But possibly Wilder will just think he's more trouble than he's worth.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

Wonder if there's any chance of us getting Ben Gibson back? 😁

10 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

With crooks' goal tally this season, he'll likely never be as highly valued. I'd cash in and get a better footballer who can protect possession better as well as create more chances. 

Tend to agree with this but I wouldn't be shocked if a relegated Burnley bought Crooks for 8 million and he racked up 15 goals from midfield for them next season with the amount of crosses they chuck in!

• Like 1

Agree with others, I think NcNair will be a good shout to be sold. Wilder has mentioned wanting a left footed CB, I’m not sure he’s quick enough to fit in Wilder’s over-lapping CBs formation (when Dijksteel was out our lack of pace at the back showed) and I’ve never been 100% comfortable with him in midfield.

46 minutes ago, AstoriaBoro said:

Agree with others, I think NcNair will be a good shout to be sold. Wilder has mentioned wanting a left footed CB, I’m not sure he’s quick enough to fit in Wilder’s over-lapping CBs formation (when Dijksteel was out our lack of pace at the back showed) and I’ve never been 100% comfortable with him in midfield.

I'd be disappointed if McNair did go think he's been one of our best performers over the season,he was awful today but so was everyone else.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Neverbefore said:

With already a huge amount of players leaving the club, and a large rebuild required, I really don’t think we should be looking to sell our top goal scorer. Putting the ball in the net is the hardest thing to do and Crooks definitely has a knack of being in the right place at the right time. 

Obviously depends on what offers we might get for him.

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?