oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

8 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Joe Rothwell is leaving Blackburn on a free. A few have mentioned him on here as someone we should look at?

11 goals in 4 seasons does not sound great so would be interested to know from those that seen him play more than me what his qualities are and would he been an upgrade on likes of Crooks, Tav and McGree?

In other news Preston have released 14 players including Connor Ripley

Really good player. Bournemouth tried to sign him for £3m in January.

Creative, attack-minded and a really good range of passing. He would be a great addition in the RCM role for us.

Have a feeling he'll go to the Prem or a recently relegated team will pick him up.

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

2 hours ago, mendieta420 said:

Crook has been hideous second half of the season and 16 yellow cards... must keep?

10 goals from midfield outweigh the yellow cards.

• Like 3
Just now, GrimsbyBoro said:

I am not convinced I have seen anyone not giving their all. The entire team has looked unprepared or unmotivated but no one was pulling a Gaston.

I think it’s cheap deflecting from Wilder and I know of similar comments were made by one of our ex managers the attitude over ability comment would have been labelled as prehistoric.

Spot on.  They were really trying, then all of a sudden they weren't trying?  We won two games in a row to set up the Preston game, I assume the attitude was ok for those two, then for the Preston debacle presumably the attitude went bad again?  It's a load of rubbish.  When we were doing well we were winning narrowly for the most part, and were fairly one dimensional in doing so.  Once teams started adapting to what we were doing, results became more inconsistent, and we didn't really have an answer to it.  Above all else, we were getting no goals from the two main goal scoring positions on our team, and there's only so far that can take you.

• Like 3
19 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Just reading back on some old Sheff Utd stuff, it was the players fault when things started going wrong then as well.  In that case Wilder blamed it on them getting better contracts, and then losing their motivation.  It definitely wasn't a problem with the system, as he was sick of answering questions about that. 

That's always been my biggest concern and annoyance with Wilder, it doesn't seem like we have a plan B other than bringing on more strikers or changing them. When we come up against a team who have the better of us tactically it doesn't ever feel like we have the tactical nuance to change things around.

I know you've highlighted it before as well, definitely something that concerns me next season. I hope we're not just stuck with the 3-5-2 / 3-4-1-2 with no backup plan.

2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Spot on.  They were really trying, then all of a sudden they weren't trying?  We won two games in a row to set up the Preston game, I assume the attitude was ok for those two, then for the Preston debacle presumably the attitude went bad again?  It's a load of rubbish.  When we were doing well we were winning narrowly for the most part, and were fairly one dimensional in doing so.  Once teams started adapting to what we were doing, results became more inconsistent, and we didn't really have an answer to it.  Above all else, we were getting no goals from the two main goal scoring positions on our team, and there's only so far that can take you.

At least Wilder kept his powder dry and is saving his Plan B for next season when nobody will be expecting it, including us!

1 minute ago, Weasel said:

That's always been my biggest concern and annoyance with Wilder, it doesn't seem like we have a plan B other than bringing on more strikers or changing them. When we come up against a team who have the better of us tactically it doesn't ever feel like we have the tactical nuance to change things around.

I know you've highlighted it before as well, definitely something that concerns me next season. I hope we're not just stuck with the 3-5-2 / 3-4-1-2 with no backup plan.

Sorry Weasel I was typing as you were posting!

• Haha 1
10 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Is Rothwell a DM? I dont know. I had him more box to box. I mentioned him purely as seen he has been released and been mentioned here in past. Bournemouth, Forest and WBA all want him according to Jon Percy of telegraph so he must be decent.

He's had a decent season this year.  Before that he's been the type of player people on here would be looking to replace.

24 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

I am not convinced I have seen anyone not giving their all. The entire team has looked unprepared or unmotivated but no one was pulling a Gaston.

I think it’s cheap deflecting from Wilder and I know if similar comments were made by one of our ex managers the attitude over ability comment would have been labelled as prehistoric.

yeah would agree no one was deliberately not giving a fk but team just seen not with it since they lost at home at the end of the winning run 

Just now, Rob said:

yeah would agree no one was deliberately not giving a fk but team just seen not with it since they lost at home at the end of the winning run 

There are times where we have looked to be on the beach but when that’s across the whole team it suggests to me one of two things

Either all 11 have the exact same attitude problem at the exact same time

or

they aren’t being prepared correctly.

20 minutes ago, Weasel said:

This is a major concern of mine going into next season. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Humpty said:

This is a major concern of mine going into next season. 

Same. The only game I can remember us actually mixing it up and changing formation in the Mansfield game. Having a preferred system is all well and good, but if you get sussed out you need to be able to adapt outside of just making a like for like change

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, Riverside94 said:

What’s Izzy Brown been like lately? Always looked promising 

He ruptured his achilles pre season and got released by Preston 2 hours ago

31 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

At least Wilder kept his powder dry and is saving his Plan B for next season when nobody will be expecting it, including us!

Or for Burnley 👀

• Haha 1
  • Wow 1
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?