oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

Never let it be said that there is no response to popular demand. January long gone and time to start a new source of scurrilous rumours, blatant lies and chances for Denzil to talk about crisps whilst stopping CT from trying to sidetrack things

Have fun 🙂

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

I was reminded of these the other week, after a Captain Morgan April Fool's joke on Facebook advertising Rum flavour crisps:

Tesco-Finest-Cocoa-Spiced-Rum-Crisps.thumb.jpg.18bd7b43bc0bc763281a4c5df6748ebb.jpg

They actually weren't that bad, not much rum flavour (thankfully) but salty with an unsweetened cocoa powder dusting.

(We should totally try to sign Gyokores)

• Wow 1

That's more like it, cheers!

Get Gyokeres tapped up now.

He can be the latest in a long line of strikers that starts promisingly and we all grow to resent.

Edited by TeaCider24
  • Haha 1

Gyokeres a done deal in my eyes, just need to focus on his strike partner now

Rhys Healey, Ryan Hardie, Carlton Morris a few names in the hat for me 

Forgot Vydra out of contract in the summer

Edited by LBP

Regan Charles-Cook a 25 year old Striker playing for Ross County seems to be doing OK considering he isn't playing for the big two up there and maybe worth a look. He comes from London so returning to England shouldn't be too much of a culture shock. He is only around 5' 7" or 5' 8" so fits the low centre of gravity busy, chasing type rather than a big target man. I doubt he would cost big money so would leave plenty to spend elsewhere and be a low risk replacement for either Balogun or Connolly.

• Like 1

First time posting, to be honest I'm interested to see how well Riley McGree does at your club.

Having watched him closely in the Aussie league and at Birmingham I really rate him, think that he will end up playing Premier League at some point.

On the recruiting side  I must admit I wish that Boro played 4, 3 ,3 or some other variation, I personally don't like teams playing with  wing backs.

I was going to suggest an Aussie player Marco Tilio who plays mostly as a wide attacker, although  can play as  a 10 as well, really exciting and intelligent player, recently been capped for the senior Aussie squad.

Anyway I'll be watching as many matches as I can, at least the ones on at  a decent time in Sydney.

• Like 10

Eight in, 12 out for me. If we can sign:

2x goalkeepers

1x LWB

1x RWB (or bring back Spence)

1x CB

1x ACM (a new Gaston, to link midfield and the strikers)

2x ST

...while keeping our crown jewels (Tav, Jones, McNair et al), we'll have a squad truly deserving of promotion next season. 

In terms of outgoings, you could put a line through half our squad without missing any of them. My suggestions would be to dispatch Hall, JLS, Lumley, Connolly, Daniels, Taylor, Olusanya, Peltier, Ameobi, Balogun, Coulson and Sporar.

I'd say we need: 

1x GK - an indisputable first choice who hasn't been dropped by their previous side for errors. Move on Lumley if possible.

1x LWB - whether it's as first choice or back up to Bola, we need to strengthen here. Taylor could be a utility defender if he wanted to stay.

2x CB - I expect Hall and Bamba to be moved on, Peltier to be offered an extension, and we need solid back-up options beyond him. Wood may fill one of those slots, and there's also the risk of losing Fry or McNair to a PL club.

1x CDM - Howson is getting in in the years, I'd offer him an extension but we need a younger option here too.

2-3x ST - None of the loan strikers should be here next season, bar possibly Balogun, and I think whether it's 2 or 3 depends on whether we can sell Ikpeazu and Akpom.

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?