oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

Asked a Newcastle fan:

"He's not a Premier League keeper by any stretch, but he's fine for the Championship, without being standout.

I would think that Joe Lumley is actually better by a nose, is he off?"

😬

• Haha 2
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, AllBoro10 said:

Yes, a very vocal and commanding keeper who has attributes such as being a really good shot stopper and can save a penalty too. I would say he’s better with his feet than Daniels but not as good as Lumley maybe but a much better goalkeeper as he can command a box and make saves. It would be the exactly type of signing we should be making in my opinion.

Not as good as Lumley in what way? Even Stevie Wonder is better than Lumley man. 

• Haha 1
Just now, "KM" said:

Not as good as Lumley in what way? Even Stevie Wonder is better than Lumley man. 

my post was actually bigging Darlow up. Read it next time. Lumley is ok with his feet, terrible everything else

1 minute ago, AllBoro10 said:

Every keeper has mad a mistake. Don’t use YouTube as your go too

Ah right, actual evidence is a bad thing is it. I take it you’re ignoring his failure to intercept the cross on their first too?

you are digging yourself a whole that If signed will come back to bite, sadly. You seem a little touchy on this subject. There really is a reason he has played relatively little football for his age. He is more like a circus acrobat than a good keeper.

13 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

Wouldn't touch Iversen with a barge pole. He's terrible

He had that one really bad game at Blackburn, but other than that he's *usually* one of the stronger keepers in the league. 

Don't know exactly how good he is with his feet, but Iversen is one of the better keepers in the league at everything else.

He won prestons player of the year, too. Not bad for a terrible player, ey?

Ryan Lowe has just been quoted as saying Iversen has possibly outgrown the Championship entirely and is probably a 15-20m pound player, so he rates him very highly.

14 hours ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

He did but of those one was for the under23’s and one was meant to be 3rd of 4th choice striker.

Signing a 23 year old for the under 23s was always nonsense. Barely got a game in the PL2. Dodgy signing that.

Just now, DocMartin said:

Ah right, actual evidence is a bad thing is it. I take it you’re ignoring his failure to intercept the cross on their first too?

you are digging yourself a whole that If signed will come back to bite, sadly. You seem a little touchy on this subject. There really is a reason he has played relatively little football for his age. He is more like a circus acrobat than a good keeper.

Im touchy because I rate him. Will be delighted if he signs and proves you wrong which I have no doubt he would. I can you show video evidence of him being excellent if you want too but you could do that about any footballer on the planet for good work and mistakes so pointless. He’s a good keeper, bring him in.

• Haha 1
Just now, macapes said:

Signing a 23 year old for the under 23s was always nonsense. Barely got a game in the PL2. Dodgy signing that.

We talking Olusanya? Think that was just a pet project for NW to keep him happy.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, macapes said:

You mean like Boyd- Munce? 

11 minutes ago, Brunners said:

He had that one really bad game at Blackburn, but other than that he's *usually* one of the stronger keepers in the league. 

Don't know exactly how good he is with his feet, but Iversen is one of the better keepers in the league at everything else.

He won prestons player of the year, too. Not bad for a terrible player, ey?

Ryan Lowe has just been quoted as saying Iversen has possibly outgrown the Championship entirely and is probably a 15-20m pound player, so he rates him very highly.

15-20m lol. On stats too he's around the 13th/14th best keeper so there's that

4 minutes ago, Leesider said:

You mean like Boyd- Munce? 

Boyd-Munce is only 22, 21 when we signed him.

Olusanya is 24, 23 when we signed him.

Boyd-Munce is still eligible to play for the U23s for another 2 seasons without restrictions.

Olusanya can only play for them as an overage player.

• Like 1
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?