oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

31 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Karl Darlow is a really bad goalkeeper guys, seriously

We should be moving heaven and earth to bring in Gavin Bazuna on loan.

Newcastle won the championship with Darlow in goal. Can’t be that bad. 

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

37 minutes ago, DocMartin said:

Then you are not a very good judge of what makes a good keeper I’d wager, he frequently caused mayhem for their (albeit average) defenders on crosses, poor decision making. He is a decent shot stopper, but there is far more to being a good goalie in Wilders system than shot stopping. We need a reliable keeper who commands his area and offers confidence to defenders, like Schwarzer and Randolph once did. Darlow is very much from the Brad Jones school of keeping, capable of making spectacular saves but with several rushes of blood to the head. Feel free to quote me back if he proves me wrong over a season, I’d prefer Iversen myself of the 2 mentioned.

Nah, I’m fine with my opinion thanks. 

50 minutes ago, DocMartin said:

Those highlights also make Mitrovic look as good a finisher as Connolly. 

Of course Darlow will look bad in a game where he makes a mistake, I bet there’s also videos of him making big saves too. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Lord_Moose said:

Those highlights also make Mitrovic look as good a finisher as Connolly. 

Of course Darlow will look bad in a game where he makes a mistake, I bet there’s also videos of him making big saves too. 

Exactly, probably the worst argument ever is posting a YouTube video ffs. Let’s all put the Alves videos on from Herenveen again 

1 minute ago, TheJew said:

Alves was good. Problem was his lifestyle and our playing style.

Dress it up however you want he was poor for us. My point was YouTube videos are not the be all and end all 

14 minutes ago, "KM" said:

Newcastle won the championship with Darlow in goal. Can’t be that bad. 

I think Bettinelli was promoted with Fulham the year before we signed him and look how that turned out 🤷‍♂️

Just now, Blanco said:

I think Bettinelli was promoted with Fulham the year before we signed him and look how that turned out 🤷‍♂️

He got dropped for poor form though.

2 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

That was half a decade ago mate

Not been funny mate but you sold us the dream with Akpom and Balogun telling us all how exceptional they were. They were ***. My turn to sell you the dream, Darlow is a solid goalie and will be best we have had since Randolph and he will do very well if we sign him. Don’t write him off

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
5 minutes ago, AllBoro10 said:

Nah, I’m fine with my opinion thanks. 

I am sure you are, as I am fine with mine, facts do tend to trump opinion though and that Norwich game was not a one off. Lumley had some good games remember and made some good saves too. I am keeping my fingers crossed for Iversen, consistent reliable less gaff prone keeper and a far more saleable asset for the club in the future if needs be.

Everyone seems to be placing a lot of stock in Newcastle fans wanting to get rid of darlow as a basis for their opinion here. Remember, their fans are expecting champions League football next year, were chasing play offs. I've watched the lad play on a number of occasions and he's more than good enough for this level. Reminds me of Randolph actually. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Neverbefore said:

Everyone seems to be placing a lot of stock in Newcastle fans wanting to get rid of darlow as a basis for their opinion here. Remember, their fans are expecting champions League football next year, were chasing play offs. I've watched the lad play on a number of occasions and he's more than good enough for this level. Reminds me of Randolph actually. 

This is OneBoro tho and some on here think we have a right to sign the top players and if it isn't a fancy name or anyone that suits there agenda then there automatically crap and not an upgrade. Got to trust Wilder and Co.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?