oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

1 minute ago, JTG said:

Pretty sure he said he’s going to the MLS when he leaves Watford.

Well at least they like that sort of thing in the States. I'm sure he'll go down a storm there. 😁

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, chickenlunch said:

definitely agree with his sloppiness, although I don't think i've seen much of what I'd call showboating from him tbh - more just terribly weighted passes. His yellow cards are awful though, probably cost us the playoffs.

It's true to say that we have got worse PPG without Crooks in the team than we have with him in it, more-so even under Wilder I think.

But it's not by a huge amount and with such a small sample size so widespread throughout the season... it's not like the team was reliant on him to pick up points basically.

I'm also not sure we can really point the finger at an otherwise ever-present, top-scoring midfielder at being the reason we lost out on the playoffs.

1 hour ago, "KM" said:

Both were really solid when selected apart from Bamba v Huddersfield when were rubbish as a team anyway. Bamba’s performance v Bournemouth (A) was heroic. 

What were you expecting it was his second game in 48hrs or something daft like that. He's 37 and shouldn't be played like that. I blame wilder for that performance more than Bamba he looked really leggy after good performance against bmuff

• Like 1
1 hour ago, "KM" said:

Ben Foster is leaving Watford. 

He's said when he leaves Watford he wants to do a year in the MLS then turn out for Hashtag United in non league, no joke.

Akinfenwa has also talked about playing for Hashtag too after retiring.

1 hour ago, wilsoncgp said:

It's true to say that we have got worse PPG without Crooks in the team than we have with him in it, more-so even under Wilder I think.But it's not by a huge amount and with such a small sample size so widespread throughout the season... it's not like the team was reliant on him to pick up points basically.I'm also not sure we can really point the finger at an otherwise ever-present, top-scoring midfielder at being the reason we lost out on the playoffs.

can and can't - obviously he's not solely to blame at all, far from it. The fact remains though, that he was one of our most effective players this season and his disciplinary record cost us at the most crucial time, so he's not blameless in that.

Either way, I didn't fancy our chances of winning the playoffs, and hopefully the slower build of another Championship season will be better for us long term. 

43 minutes ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

What were you expecting it was his second game in 48hrs or something daft like that. He's 37 and shouldn't be played like that. I blame wilder for that performance more than Bamba he looked really leggy after good performance against bmuff

I blame both the transfer windows under both managers for it. I said all along that bamba couldn't playe 3 games in a week so wasnt a smart acquisition to make unless we signed another CB who we knew could play week in week out should we get a bad injury. We didn't, we did and bamba tried but he wasn't up to it. 

I like him, and I think he had a couple of excellent games for us, but I still don't think it was a good signing in the context of the squad. Not his fault, but still another sign of our failure in the transfer market last 2 windows.

6 hours ago, Neverbefore said:

Gibson is easily a top 5 CB in the championship when they come back down, just like darlow is a top 5 keeper.

You make a lot of sense here but I'd still like to be the first person to coin 'Ken Barlow' for when he starts dropping clangers.

5 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Here's the video we shouldn't show to people we're trying to sell Lumley to 😂 

Gun to your head, you need to pick Bettinelli or Lumley for the 1st choice keeper next season. Who do you choose?

Would like to see us make a move for Kane Wilson.  Just got promoted with Forest Green. Young wing back, plenty of assists and a constant threat. Free agent aswell. Be nice competition for Jones

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?