oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

2 hours ago, Changing Times said:

Gibson maybe, not sure we've been linked to Rhodes/Friend since they left?  As it was Lurker who mentioned Friend, it's not like it's some random twitter thing, and Rhodes came from that journo.

Not those players specifically, but we will be linked to at least another 5 former players just like every window. 

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Lurker said:

On Friend I was told it was, ‘in some capacity’. Assuming it will have some background role involved 

Have you heard any transfer snippets? Is there something in the links to Gibson?

2 minutes ago, p_mards said:

Have you heard any transfer snippets? Is there something in the links to Gibson?

I always thought he'd back down south after Brum

1 hour ago, ManBearPig said:

I honestly don’t see it myself. I’ve seen glimpses, but I would disagree that he is showing it consistently. Unless it’s him being consistently inconsistent 😝

What are you wanting him to do exactly?

He's in our top 3 players in games on a very consistent basis. He had 10 goal contributions from midfield and wingback last season aswell as doing alot of pressing and defensive work. Ok maybe he could have scored a few more of his chances but at 23 he's an excellent player who has a strong all round game. I think people will start to appreciate what he gave the team when he's gone because we are going to significantly weaker and he's much a much better and well rounded player than someone like mcgree for example. 

So are you expecting him to maybe hit 20 goal contributions aswell as run the length of the pitch all game covering cbs and wingbacks as he's required to do alot in games? 

• Like 6
5 minutes ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

What are you wanting him to do exactly?

He's in our top 3 players in games on a very consistent basis. He had 10 goal contributions from midfield and wingback last season aswell as doing alot of pressing and defensive work. Ok maybe he could have scored a few more of his chances but at 23 he's an excellent player who has a strong all round game. I think people will start to appreciate what he gave the team when he's gone because we are going to significantly weaker and he's much a much better and well rounded player than someone like mcgree for example. 

So are you expecting him to maybe hit 20 goal contributions aswell as run the length of the pitch all game covering cbs and wingbacks as he's required to do alot in games? 

To add to this, Tav is the only player in the league to finish in the top 10 in both tackles and key passes, showing again what an all round talent he is. I really don't know what to say to people who don't rate him at this stage. He's easily our best and most important player. 

• Like 14
2 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

To add to this, Tav is the only player in the league to finish in the top 10 in both tackles and key passes, showing again what an all round talent he is. I really don't know what to say to people who don't rate him at this stage. He's easily our best and most important player. 

Maybe if he was Slovenian and not from our academy he'd be the best thing since sliced bread 🤷 

For what it’s worth with Tav, I genuinely think he would flourish as a left wing back, and simplified his game. 

Tav travels well with the ball, is energetic and I can’t fault his work ethic at all. He always puts a shift in. But I just think he could use it so much better than he is currently doing from watching him this season.

I still think he has some work to do in the final third, which ironically was where we struggled most to break teams down. I just don’t think he’s there yet and I don’t think he does a job which an additional player in midfielder couldn’t do (he’s replaceable).

For a player who takes corners, you’d expect better delivery on a more consistent basis for him to be worth 10m + which some are quoting on various platforms. 

I realise that Tav is very polarised on the opinion poll. Like I say, I don’t hate him and think he’s ‘bad’, he’s just not consistent enough yet to be deemed as integral to how we play in midfield in my view

I don't think corner taking ability is really something that pushes someone over that £10m threshold. He can be both one of our better corner takers, and still not be a particularly good corner taker, but that really feels like grasping at straws for something to still criticise him with. 

9 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

For what it’s worth with Tav, I genuinely think he would flourish as a left wing back, and simplified his game. 

Tav travels well with the ball, is energetic and I can’t fault his work ethic at all. He always puts a shift in. But I just think he could use it so much better than he is currently doing from watching him this season.

I still think he has some work to do in the final third, which ironically was where we struggled most to break teams down. I just don’t think he’s there yet and I don’t think he does a job which an additional player in midfielder couldn’t do (he’s replaceable).

For a player who takes corners, you’d expect better delivery on a more consistent basis for him to be worth 10m + which some are quoting on various platforms. 

I realise that Tav is very polarised on the opinion poll. Like I say, I don’t hate him and think he’s ‘bad’, he’s just not consistent enough yet to be deemed as integral to how we play in midfield in my view

I honestly believe a full season under Wilder in the LCM role would show everyone just how good he is. I think if you took him out of our midfield you'd see how bad and unbalanced it is. McGree and Crooks won't work because neither of them cover enough ground or do the defensive side of the game. 

Howson I love but let's be honest he's not a traditional out and out CDM. He losses the ball too often in bad positions and his positioning for CDM can be quite poor. He brings commitment, energy and workrate though. 

For me in midfield we need a LWB, CDM and an RCM. I would drop Crooks to the bench or move him on. I know that he's scored ten goals this season but I believe we can sign players that more suit Wilders system with energy, pressing and intensity. I would keep him for the bench but personally would look to replace him in the starting team.

Tavernier was in the Top 10 for both Key Passes and Tackles Won. He was ranked 3rd for passes in the final third. He's expected goals and assists combined for this season was 15. I could see him getting 15-20 goal contributions in a full season under Wilder. He had 10 this season and has shown real signs of improvement. He does a lot more than what people realise for the team. 

Tavernier was given corners because he was the only real left-footed option in the team. I do agree though that most of his deliveries were relatively poor considering he's our designated corner kick tacker they didn't look practiced.

• Like 3

imo, anyone who criticises Marcus T either doesn't see us playing very often or doesn't have a particularly good understanding of the game. Not meaning to sound harsh, but his contribution to the team is very clear to see. He's not perfect by any means, but then not many players are, especially at this level. If you're just simply looking for players to criticise then there are usually about 8 or 9 players you should start with before Mr T each game

• Like 6
3 hours ago, ManBearPig said:

Well I think your going to be in for a shock if/when when we have to replace him once he's signed by a prem team. He's the best box to box midfielder in the league and we will be lucky to get anyone anywhere near that level.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, RiversideRed said:

I honestly believe a full season under Wilder in the LCM role would show everyone just how good he is. I think if you took him out of our midfield you'd see how bad and unbalanced it is. McGree and Crooks won't work because neither of them cover enough ground or do the defensive side of the game. 

Howson I love but let's be honest he's not a traditional out and out CDM. He losses the ball too often in bad positions and his positioning for CDM can be quite poor. He brings commitment, energy and workrate though. 

For me in midfield we need a LWB, CDM and an RCM. I would drop Crooks to the bench or move him on. I know that he's scored ten goals this season but I believe we can sign players that more suit Wilders system with energy, pressing and intensity. I would keep him for the bench but personally would look to replace him in the starting team.

Tavernier was in the Top 10 for both Key Passes and Tackles Won. He was ranked 3rd for passes in the final third. He's expected goals and assists combined for this season was 15. I could see him getting 15-20 goal contributions in a full season under Wilder. He had 10 this season and has shown real signs of improvement. He does a lot more than what people realise for the team. 

Tavernier was given corners because he was the only real left-footed option in the team. I do agree though that most of his deliveries were relatively poor considering he's our designated corner kick tacker they didn't look practiced.

As far as the corners go I'd be blaming the players in the box more than the taker. Ok the deliveries were a mixed bag but some of the beauties that were put in to great areas were attacked with the conviction of a lump of turd. We just didn't have the aggression and height to be much of a threat. Bar crooks there's nobody with any attacking intent aerially.

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?