oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

1 hour ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

It will be interesting to see how Mitrovic does. He was poor last time in the premier league but before that he scored 11 and his overall record in the prem is 1 in 4 in poor teams.

It’s often about being clinical in the prem. you don’t get as many chances or as many easy chances.

he is 27 now and looks to have improved his game. 

think its down to your service as well, the service he gets won't be anywhere near as effective as it is in the championship. if he was playing for a champions league team he may well get a decent tally, but in prem he's played for newcastle and fulham so them previous runs were never going to be as dominant as they were in the championship.

• Like 1
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, boksicdink said:

Gibson aside, I have been quite underwhelmed with the names that have been linked upto now. 

I'm hoping that genuine targets are not in the public domain as of right now due to the fact that we are trying to go about our business quietly and securing some decent deals on free agents. 

I'll be really frustrated if after this new operating model has been discussed and implemented, kind of mirroring GMs in US sports, we end up with a similar shortlist of players as we would have done previously i.e. ex-players and or ex-Sunderland/Newcastle players....as we get linked to Ross Stewart in the Sunderland Echo this morning...

I would love it if we could get a handle on a league and just secure decent talent at a good rate e.g. Brentford with Denmark or Celtic with the J-League. 

its early days yet, and it tends to be quick fixes named early on to plug the holes in the squad. The bigger signings will probably come later in the window when the season is fully over.
Also, i feel like were probably waiting on bids to come in our for players like spence so we know exactly what were working with money wise.
Saying that, apart from the strikers weve been linked with (Rhodes, Grabban, Greogry) i don't mind the others iv seen:

id be Quite happy for Gibson, think he would instantly be one of the best centre backs in the league depite what others think.

Zander Clark looks like a shrewd signing if completed and pretty much risk free on the wages i imagine he'd ask for and the fact he's free.

Karl darlow would be an improvment on anything we have already.

Gavin Kilkenny looks like an exciting prospect who was in around the first team of a side promoted last season.

Could do a lot worse than Ross Stewart upfront, tho i cant see them selling to us if im honest.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, JonnyMFC said:

When the press links us with the same players season after season no matter the manager and use phrases like 'have looked at' and 'could be interested in' then this is lazy and they are trying to create a story from nothing.

Personally I instantly dismiss any articles that are generally so vague as lazy and not worth the ink they are printed with.

I often think as well that at least 90% reports have a motive behind them. 

Could be the players agents touting the players about publically, clubs trying advertise someone for sale, or let other clubs know they interest incase they want to join in the bids etc, agents showing interest from other clubs to get leverage during new contract negotiations (they plenty of big players who seem to have strong links every summer or two and always just sign a new deal), making links and/or papers just connect the dots where they likely to end up rather than having a concrete fact behind it. 

rare clubs buying clubs are honest or open about who their targets are, apart from the odd time when they acknowledge it when its been fully outed. So I always question if they some sort of motive there or if it just papers trying to get more ad clicks.

1 hour ago, wilsoncgp said:

If there really is anything in the constant links we have with Newcastle and Sunderland players every year, it's probably the proximity. The players will already be based relatively nearby, the games will be easier for scouts/coaches to go watch, including reserves/U23s. I don't think it's entirely out of the question that there is a challenge in asking players to move from the south to the north (as much as it is sometimes overblown) but we maybe get linked with them as we may well watch them more just because they're close by.

that's all it is, proximity which adds to probability especially if have ties or settled in the north east, makes easier links but the links may make sense also especially when players are stepping down levels 

42 minutes ago, Rob said:

who that is available would you say fit that bill though? Most clubs arnt going to sell solid first choice's, unless they going up leagues and can't stop them progressing.

Karl Darlow (Newcastle)

Aged 31, with Newcastle desperately needing to offload players. £2.5m-£3.0m should secure his signature. Experienced keeper with 200+ appearances and highly proven at Championship level.

Michael Cooper (Plymouth)

Aged 22, would be available for under £1m. Fantastic season in League One with 18 clean sheets in 46 league games. 100+ professional appearances. Young, hungry and good with both the ball at his feet and distribution.

Daniel Iverson (Leicester, on loan at Preston)

Aged 24, not sure on the fee but possible around £3.5m-£4.0m. Performed really well at Preston and has had multiple loan spells working his way up the leagues. Close to 200 appearances.

Daniel Bentley (Bristol City)

Aged 28, in the last year of his contract. Good, solid goalkeeper at this level with 400+ appearances in English football. Great shot stopper and would be £500k-£1.0m.

Gavin Bazunu (Man City, on loan at Portsmouth)

Aged 20, great season in League One. He’d be quite expensive and is probably quite unrealistic to get him permanently. I would take him on a two-year loan. Fantastic with the ball at his feet, a proper modern-day keeper.

Barosz Bialkowski (Milwall)

Aged 34, in the last year of his contract. Great shot stopped and highly experienced at this level with 450+ appearances. He should be available for 500k-750k.

There's others too, but these are probably some of the most realistic.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

Karl Darlow (Newcastle)

Aged 31, with Newcastle desperately needing to offload players. £2.5m-£3.0m should secure his signature. Experienced keeper with 200+ appearances and highly proven at Championship level.

Michael Cooper (Plymouth)

Aged 22, would be available for under £1m. Fantastic season in League One with 18 clean sheets in 46 league games. 100+ professional appearances. Young, hungry and good with both the ball at his feet and distribution.

Daniel Iverson (Leicester, on loan at Preston)

Aged 24, not sure on the fee but possible around £3.5m-£4.0m. Performed really well at Preston and has had multiple loan spells working his way up the leagues. Close to 200 appearances.

Daniel Bentley (Bristol City)

Aged 28, in the last year of his contract. Good, solid goalkeeper at this level with 400+ appearances in English football. Great shot stopper and would be £500k-£1.0m.

Gavin Bazunu (Man City, on loan at Portsmouth)

Aged 20, great season in League One. He’d be quite expensive and is probably quite unrealistic to get him permanently. I would take him on a two-year loan. Fantastic with the ball at his feet, a proper modern-day keeper.

Barosz Bialkowski (Milwall)

Aged 34, in the last year of his contract. Great shot stopped and highly experienced at this level with 450+ appearances. He should be available for 500k-750k.

There's others too, but these are probably some of the most realistic.

off this the Plymouth guy is a no brainer, are we actually intrested ? most sources seem to be pointing to Darlow

Funny as these Coventry and Luton fans on twitter after their half decent seasons, Cov fans going on as if they'll only sell Gyokeres if Real Madrid come knocking 

42 minutes ago, scotty189 said:

off this the Plymouth guy is a no brainer, are we actually intrested ? most sources seem to be pointing to Darlow

I'm expecting us to sign Darlow. I would like Cooper though. 

I mean just someone with hands would be nice. One who doesn't make you panic everything a cross comes in or any time they come rushing out to kick the ball.

I do want someone who can be our first-choice keeper for a few years though.

I bet every top half Championship team with money is 'interested' in Gyokeres but surely he'll cost a lot? Still got two years on his contract and Coventry are hardly under pressure to sell - they're a side on the up. Imagine if Watford or Norwich wanted Tav or Jones... we'd make them pay through the nose. 

I'd still be tempted to test Reading's nerve with an early £2-3m bid for Joao. Twine too - we'd be in with a chance there. 

36 minutes ago, LBP said:

Funny as these Coventry and Luton fans on twitter after their half decent seasons, Cov fans going on as if they'll only sell Gyokeres if Real Madrid come knocking 

all footy fans are deluded with transfer prices and prospects for them moving on, cracks me up sometimes the prices people armchair value their own players at

30 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

I bet every top half Championship team with money is 'interested' in Gyokeres but surely he'll cost a lot? Still got two years on his contract and Coventry are hardly under pressure to sell - they're a side on the up. Imagine if Watford or Norwich wanted Tav or Jones... we'd make them pay through the nose. 

I'd still be tempted to test Reading's nerve with an early £2-3m bid for Joao. Twine too - we'd be in with a chance there. 

Don’t think .Coventry are one of those clubs with owners willing to invest heavily are they? Although they’ve returned to the Coventry arena ground, I don’t think they own it either, which probably means a rental cost each year. They may have to accept that they need to sell their best player(s) to fund other acquisitions. Doesn’t mean they won’t look for maximum price, but unless a Premier League Club, or maybe relegated clubs with large parachute receipts, are bidding, the price should not be outrageous.

46 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

I'm expecting us to sign Darlow. I would like Cooper though. 

I mean just someone with hands would be nice. One who doesn't make you panic everything a cross comes in or any time they come rushing out to kick the ball.

I do want someone who can be our first-choice keeper for a few years though.

The Bristol city keeper also, if were wanting tried and tested steady eddy.

• Like 1
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?