oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

It's not so high, is it?  It's going to be between £10m-15m.  When he first broke through with us people were on about Spurs being interested with £10m as the figure, it's not like it's rocketed since then.  He's shown more with Forest, shown that some of the believed potential is real, but that's about it.  I used Matty Cash as a comparison the other day, and I'd say that's roughly where Spence is at.  Cash went for £14m rising to £16m.  I can't see Spence going for any more than that really, it'll be something around that valuation.

me neither, historically and this is before covid 15 mill typically is max value of most championship players, have to be someone in the wrong league or unbelievable unique talent to go for anything drastically more. 

I wonder how many people were wanting to sponser his taxi ride on them for a transfer for pennies start of last season but are now going to be like well we want £25 mill min lol

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, notjade said:

I'm boycotting if Lumley is a Boro player come start of next season

he will miss your boycott though 

• Haha 1
22 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

What if Wilder plays him up front alongside Watmore?

Just imagine the chaos he could cause in the opposition box, unpredictable doesn't come close!

not like he's gonna handle the ball 

• Haha 1
35 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

It's not so high, is it?  It's going to be between £10m-15m.  When he first broke through with us people were on about Spurs being interested with £10m as the figure, it's not like it's rocketed since then.  He's shown more with Forest, shown that some of the believed potential is real, but that's about it.  I used Matty Cash as a comparison the other day, and I'd say that's roughly where Spence is at.  Cash went for £14m rising to £16m.  I can't see Spence going for any more than that really, it'll be something around that valuation.

Possibly, obviously we weren't associated to Cash so we didnt hear the noise but it does feel as though there is more hype around Spence in general and from what i've seen of him, it isn't hugely warranted but it is welcome as a Boro fan. 

Good point about the Spurs interest around the time we played them a few years ago too - feels like that has been a long standing interest. 

27 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

So you're saying that he's looked better when not being played as a winger under Warnock.  How strange 🙃

or having to man-mark some lad in CM!

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Rob said:

me neither, historically and this is before covid 15 mill typically is max value of most championship players

is it tho? if you look at transfers of players from the championship, theres been over 32 players sold for 15 million or more in the past 5 years. Of those 15 were sold for 20+ plus
so thats an average of 6 players a season going for 15+ million. 

it seems when players make the move up to the prem from the championship 15 million seems to be the minimum fee these days...

Edited by tmcc
3 minutes ago, tmcc said:

is it tho? if you look at transfers of players from the championship, theres been over 32 players sold for 15 million or more in the past 5 years. Of those 15 were sold for 20+ plus

it seems when players make the move up to the prem from the championship 15 million seems to be the minimum fee these days...

and those £20m players include players like Neal Maupay, Adam Webster & Ben Godfrey, none of whom are "in the wrong league" or "unbelievable unique talent".

Just under the £20m mark? Bloody Oli McBurnie at £17m!! (Don't you dare Mr Wilder!)

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
19 minutes ago, Brunners said:

and those £20m players include players like Neal Maupay, Adam Webster & Ben Godfrey, none of whom are "in the wrong league" or "unbelievable unique talent".

Just under the £20m mark? Bloody Oli McBurnie at £17m!! (Don't you dare Mr Wilder!)

all them players were undisclosed fees, apart from oli

28 minutes ago, tmcc said:

well i hope so, just not so confident we going to get more than 15 mill 

1 hour ago, tmcc said:

Probably worth splitting players out from teams that were relegated as they traditionally go for higher amounts

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?