oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

2 minutes ago, JTG said:

Not disputing that but it would be a shame for Coburn at this stage of his career to stay and be 5th choice rather than go out on loan to play regularly and develop.

I’d rather we just picked up a bit of a journeyman on a free who can play backup and that would then free up Coburn to go out.

Wouldn't disagree, though our history of loaning out young strikers has had invariably poor results.

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

1 minute ago, TeaCider24 said:

Wouldn't disagree, though our history of loaning out young strikers has had invariably poor results.

True what’s Ste Walker doing these days. Wasn’t he meant to be the dogs dangly bits coming through the academy.

4 minutes ago, JTG said:

To be fair we’re selling Spence for 15-20m. Understand the point but for me it’s about picking and choosing who is dispensable and who isn’t.

Obviously every player has their price but Dijksteel would be the most difficult one to replace out of the back 3 imo and I’d sooner sell Fry or Paddy.

But in theory he has/will of been in Lenihan. Everyone is expecting it to be Fry that would be leaving, but its more than likely to be Dijksteel that would be sacrificed. 

If we are looking at signing better players we will need money to do this the likes of gyorkeres, Armstrong, gallery, jaoa won't be cheap.

4 minutes ago, Johnmfc81 said:

But in theory he has/will of been in Lenihan. Everyone is expecting it to be Fry that would be leaving, but its more than likely to be Dijksteel that would be sacrificed. 

If we are looking at signing better players we will need money to do this the likes of gyorkeres, Armstrong, gallery, jaoa won't be cheap.

Its a strange one for me because I know Lenihan has played on the right of a three for Blackburn but I just can’t see him slotting in for Dijksteel. From what I’ve seen and heard of him he sounds more like a no-nonsense, wins his duels, does the ugly work kind of defender than one who is a bit more technical and can get forward to support the attack and create the overloads on the wings.

That’s not a bad thing and frankly it’s something we’ve missed at times but he just sounds more suited to being in the middle of the three to me.

3 minutes ago, JTG said:

Its a strange one for me because I know Lenihan has played on the right of a three for Blackburn but I just can’t see him slotting in for Dijksteel. From what I’ve seen and heard of him he sounds more like a no-nonsense, wins his duels, does the ugly work kind of defender than one who is a bit more technical and can get forward to support the attack and create the overloads on the wings.

That’s not a bad thing and frankly it’s something we’ve missed at times but he just sounds more suited to being in the middle of the three to me.

I agree, but it seems that Fry will be harder to persuade to leave if what people are saying about him is right. I really doubt Lenihan has come to sit on the bench. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Johnmfc81 said:

I agree, but it seems that Fry will be harder to persuade to leave if what people are saying about him is right. I really doubt Lenihan has come to sit on the bench. 

Agreed mate given the length of the contract we’ve offered him as well he obviously factors into Wilder’s long-term thinking so will be interesting to see where he fits in.

Been a few years since I've posted on here but still follow it every window and on and off all season.

Think this summer is our biggest for a long time, a lot to build in since Wilder took over and some of the biggest calls to be made for a lot of years!

I think some of the recent points hit the nail on the head regarding the biggest contradiction in idealism in modern day football.

It's very easy to look at Brentford and where they are now and admire it, but it's also easy to be disassociated from it and assume they weren't gutted every time they sold a player who had done well.

Spence is an absolute exception to the rule of buying cheap and selling at a profit, fair play to the lad for the season he's had but it's a one off, the general rule of thumb is that it would be us selling Jones at this point for that big fee and the emotion that comes with it. I'd be gutted to see Dijksteel go, but at a profit that should be around 400 percent it is exactly the sort of business fans have been desperate for.

We can't have it both ways and have to accept that if we want that most sustainable of models we have to lose players who do well and make that impact, and accept that some of the gambles we take on signings won't pay off, which is why Lenihan type signings are so vital for balance 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
Just now, fentmoore said:

Been a few years since I've posted on here but still follow it every window and on and off all season.

Think this summer is our biggest for a long time, a lot to build in since Wilder took over and some of the biggest calls to be made for a lot of years!

I think some of the recent points hit the nail on the head regarding the biggest contradiction in idealism in modern day football.

It's very easy to look at Brentford and where they are now and admire it, but it's also easy to be disassociated from it and assume they weren't gutted every time they sold a player who had done well.

Spence is an absolute exception to the rule of buying cheap and selling at a profit, fair play to the lad for the season he's had but it's a one off, the general rule of thumb is that it would be us selling Jones at this point for that big fee and the emotion that comes with it. I'd be gutted to see Dijksteel go, but at a profit that should be around 400 percent it is exactly the sort of business fans have been desperate for.

We can't have it both ways and have to accept that if we want that most sustainable of models we have to lose players who do well and make that impact, and accept that some of the gambles we take on signings won't pay off, which is why Lenihan type signings are so vital for balance 

welcome back bud! nice summary and enjoy the mental threads on here lol

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, LBP said:

Wonder if we'll announce Lenihan tomorrow, we like a Friday announcement dont we plus its the first day of the window 

Hes supposed to be with Ireland until the 14th so wouldn't expect it to be announced until after then.

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?