oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, caseybwoy said:

Our whole team was quite poor towards the latter 2-3 months every single player looked gassed. I just think he has qualities that are not easily replaceable. Hes scored 1 in 4 for us which is a good return in his first season. He’s tenacious and good in the air. We saw it first hand last year when he wasn’t in the team we missed him, we had no bite in midfield and we struggled. Plus when he is firing he can pick out a decent pass aswell. I think you will see a big improvement in crooks this season with a full pre season under wilder.

Hope so. I do like Crooks. I just feel we could have someone more technical in that position. 

Wilder has played variations of his formation too.

He typically uses 3142

But he has gone with a diamond so a 3-1-4-1-1

and he's also done a 3-4-3 formation with LWB/LW and RWB/RW. 

Could easily see a formation with

RCB - Dijksteel, RWB - Federicks and RW - Jones

18 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

dijksteel cannot play right wing back

we wouldnt be signing fredericks if hes demanding unreasonable wages

why would passing on him mean we can a left sided player instead? surely its not one or the other

Didn’t say it’s one or the other? I just don’t think we should be looking at a Rwb. Dijksteel is more than capable as playing rwb if needed. I don’t think fredericks would be happy to come in as backup do you? 

I think Fredericks is to good to be sat on the bench at championship level. Premiership yeah fair enough, but to not be starting in this league would be mad from him. He’d start for every other championship team no question.

19 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

Who Akpom

21/22 Season - Greece & Europe - 52 Games (11 Goals & 3 Assists) - 1 in 5, playing in Greece. Terrible Return.

20/21 Season - Championship - 38 Games (5 Goals & 2 Assists) - Pathetic.

19/20 Season - Greece & Europe - 43 Games (10 Goals & 3 Assists) - 1 in 4, playing in Greece. Terrible Return.

18/19 Season - Greece & Europe - 33 Games (8 Goals & 5 Assists) - 1 in 4, playing in Greece. Terrible Return.

17/18 Season - Belgium - 24 Games (8 Goals & 2 Assists) - 1 in 3, playing in Belgium. Terrible Return.

16/17 Season - Championship - 15 Games (3 Goals & 2 Assists) - 1 in 5. 21 Year Old.

15/16 Season - Championship - 41 Games (7 Goals, 1 Assists) - 1 in Almost 6. Only 20 years old so not horrendous)

I'd say every season he's been crap. He's been playing in Greece and Belgium and still a 1 in 4 striker. 

Those leagues are L1/L2 standard with the exception of 1 or 2 teams.

I disagree with your assessment that those leagues are league 2 standards.

Also your stats from belgium season are wrong, he had 6 in 16 with 1 assist, the other 8 games were for arsenal. he actually had a better than 1 in 3 goal record in a new country at the age of 21. Think you're being massively harsh to call that terrible.

you're also ignoring all his assists when you reaching your conclusion. if you look at his overall goal contribution its around every 2.5 games, again that's not terrible.
Finally, my point is not that he's done great or set the world alight, But he got 5 goals in 36 games for a poor/goal-shy Warnock team. I dont think its the best indicator of his ability and im happy for wilder to have a look at him pre season as potentially one of our 5 strikers we need for next season.

• Like 4
13 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Beacuse we need competition for Jones. Can't have him as our only capable rwb.

He's only played on the left three times in his career according to Transfermarkt.

I wouldn't have thought Stacey would be considered as cover for Jones.

4 minutes ago, Guffie said:

Didn’t say it’s one or the other? I just don’t think we should be looking at a Rwb. Dijksteel is more than capable as playing rwb if needed. I don’t think fredericks would be happy to come in as backup do you? 

Short memory.. don't you remember how utterly toothless we were when Jones was out of the team? We need two for every position, especially considering teams will be able to make 5 subs next season. 

20 minutes ago, Humpty said:

I don't think Fredericks comes here if he's not given assurances about starting. He'll be well aware of Jones.

I agree, Fredericks had a very productive season for Fulham when last in the Championship. He will come in as a starter and Jones would go to the left, I'm pretty convinced. He played alot of football off the left before this season and speaking from personal experience (not football league, but not amateur level) I played as a winger and always preferred to be on the left as a right footed player. You lose a bit defensively that way, but if we have a left footed CB it will balance it out, along with the midfielder (Tav or Mcgree) being left footed. 

18 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

Wilder has played variations of his formation too.

He typically uses 3142

But he has gone with a diamond so a 3-1-4-1-1

and he's also done a 3-4-3 formation with LWB/LW and RWB/RW. 

Could easily see a formation with

RCB - Dijksteel, RWB - Federicks and RW - Jones

I can't see us shifting from the current formation to the Chelsea/Forest one, I don't think our central options are strong enough to play just in a 2, also, I don't think Wilder would have been as vocal about wanting striking options either if we were to play with just 1 central striker. 

I could be wrong but with the linked players so far, i just dont see it. 

Edited by Adam P
1 minute ago, tmcc said:

I disagree with your assessment that those leagues are league 2 standards.

Also your stats from belgium season are wrong, he had 6 in 16 with 1 assist, the other 8 games were for arsenal. he actually had a better than 1 in 3 goal record in a new country at the age of 21. Think you're being massively harsh to call that terrible.

you're also ignoring all his assists when you reaching your conclusion. if you look at his overall goal contribution its around every 2.5 games, again that's not terrible.
Finally, my point is that he's done great or set the world alight, But he got 5 goals in 36 games for a poor/goal-shy Warnock team. I dont think its the best indicator of his ability and im happy for wilder to have a look at him pre season as potentially one of our 5 strikers we need for next season.

I mean the games were in Premier League 2. So Arsenal reserves/U23's. 

Belgium and Greece looks are horrendous. Similar to SPL you've got 2-3 teams at the top and the rest are all brutal.

Wilder I'm sure will have a look at him. But I can only see him being 4th/5th choice allowing Coburn to go out on loan.

12 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Short memory.. don't you remember how utterly toothless we were when Jones was out of the team? We need two for every position, especially considering teams will be able to make 5 subs next season. 

Yeah we were shocking because we had no other outlet on the other side. I’m not saying I won’t be happy with fredericks or he’s poor. What I’ve said is, if he’s happy to come as backup and not high wages perfect. But I think we should be looking at Lwb before we go for Rwb. Ideally I’d like us to go for Toffallo from huddersfield

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?