oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

RE the juninho stuff, does anyone remember a poster by the name of Ibby? I think he frequented this site before it became one Boro, or rivals maybe? That guy was like the end-level bad guy of trolls. No one since has come close therefore absolutely none of this stuff bothers me at all. It was years ago too, that's how bad it was... UTB

• Like 1
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

3 hours ago, AllBoro10 said:

Agree and he knows it well, mentioned it a few times in his interviews. 

With you there pal, I think Diego or McBrid or Block21 off FMTTM is up to his old tricks 👏

4 minutes ago, Foogle said:

Could a drop in chances created/key passed be down to him taking corners at Cardiff and not elsewhere? Tav's chance creation is massively boosted by set pieces for example. 

Possibly. But in that case they should be right back up again because he should be taking set pieces for us when we need a left footer. He seems to have a quality delivery whereas Tav more often than not fails to beat the first man. 

We have been woeful from set pieces for the longest time and it’s an area that needs major improvement. Not since the days of Karanka and Ayala have we had a decent threat.

Huddersfield scored 67 goals last season, 35 from open play and 22 (!!) from set pieces. That’s effectively 1/3 of their goals last season coming from set pieces. In comparison we scored 10 from 59. Being well drilled in deadball situations just adds another string to the bow.

• Like 2

I think I'm in the minority judging by the comments but darlow doesn't fill me with any confidence, in fact I would rather try Roberts out. Iversen is the one who I think would make a massive difference and I'm sure they will drop the rumoured 7m if he is unhappy sitting in the u23s. 4m+ bonus for promotion may do the trick, worthwhile investment imo. If we bring in some top strikers but still don't address the leaky foundations, it could cost us like it did last year. 

31 minutes ago, WarnocksLoveChild said:

I think I'm in the minority judging by the comments but darlow doesn't fill me with any confidence, in fact I would rather try Roberts out. Iversen is the one who I think would make a massive difference and I'm sure they will drop the rumoured 7m if he is unhappy sitting in the u23s. 4m+ bonus for promotion may do the trick, worthwhile investment imo. If we bring in some top strikers but still don't address the leaky foundations, it could cost us like it did last year. 

Iversen is definitely my preference but it’s hard to deny that Darlow is a massive step up from Lumley last season. For me it all depends on how much we’ve got to spend and whether the money is better spent elsewhere.

If the barcodes just want rid of Darlow off the wage bill and are letting him go on the cheap then it might be a shrewd signing leaving more money to be spent bolstering the forward line which we all agree massively needs revamping.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Foogle said:

Could a drop in chances created/key passed be down to him taking corners at Cardiff and not elsewhere? Tav's chance creation is massively boosted by set pieces for example. 

Tavernier's chance creation isn't actually massively boosted mate, which to be fair you could probably guess even without looking at any stats - it's not often a match day thread will be full of praise for his or our set pieces!  Of the 1.5 per game last season, only 0.3 was from corners, and 0.2 from freekicks.  So really it's not that big of a thing for Tavernier.  It should be higher quite honestly.  For Giles it was 0.8 and 0.2 respectively, so a bit higher than Tavernier, which is something we should benefit from next season.  Giles key passes seem to be largely from crosses in open play, which again makes sense from what we saw last season playing for Cardiff.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, DocMartin said:

With you there pal, I think Diego or McBrid or Block21 off FMTTM is up to his old tricks 👏

Yeah I’m Diego off fmttm. Hope you are well Coluka 

• Haha 2
8 hours ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Whether Juninho23 is or isn't who he claims he is or accused of being surely he should be allowed to post until such times as he does or says something unacceptable. No doubt the usual suspects will be wetting themselves with glee if he does indeed turn out to be a pain which is sadder still.

This forum should be representative of all things Boro, daft kids posting nonsense, old farts posting nonsense, excitable posters exclaiming their Boro till I die credentials, erudite posters, witty posters, lurking posters, posters whose escape from sad reality is here, posters who love to revel in intellectual debate, posters who perhaps didn't get straight "A's" and struggle to use paragraphs or know there from their and everything in between and much more. Elitism isn't a good look no matter which way it's wrapped up.

In most cases we don't know what posters individual situations are and what they may be going through privately. Some are no doubt strong and highly opinionated and dish out as good as they get but no doubt there will be many (probably lurking) lacking confidence in fear of bullying by the mob even if "humorous" pretentiousness less than subtly masks it.

Maybe Juninho23 is Juno10 and multiple other past usernames, maybe he misses contributing, maybe he has realised his past mistakes (there are some on here who have been banned and come back if not perhaps contrite at least better game players) and wants to start again, maybe not. If he is intending on being mischievous at least this time thus far his contributions have been both accurate and valuable. Innocent until proven guilty, live and let live and less Judge, Jury and Executioners please.

Briliant post👍

7 hours ago, HolgateHero said:

RE the juninho stuff, does anyone remember a poster by the name of Ibby? I think he frequented this site before it became one Boro, or rivals maybe? That guy was like the end-level bad guy of trolls. No one since has come close therefore absolutely none of this stuff bothers me at all. It was years ago too, that's how bad it was... UTB

I’ve only heard of him. There was a poster on here when I first joined called TheRedHen or something like that. That was some character😳

• Like 1
7 hours ago, WarnocksLoveChild said:

Sorry, what? Can you at least explain why Darlow doesn’t fill you with any confidence? 

Can we just have a ban on all Juninho related usernames? After all, we know there's only one Juninho.

Juninho Bacuna....no wait, Juninho Pernambucano...no hang on, Juninho the goldfish my brother had when he was 5...wait, I've got it...

• Haha 3

It was bad enough on here when people were trying to guess which profile belonged to a Gazette reporter. Now we're trying to guess who people were/are on FMTTM, it's getting as confusing as the Marvel metaverse.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?