oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

I thought Darlow was 28 going on 29 but he 31. 32 in October. Albeit these are usually a goalkeepers prime years so here is hoping.

Yeah he's the prime age for a keeper. 

Anything from Alan Nixon in tomorrows paper about is? He usually teases information on a Saturday evening?

And to be fair to him he been good for information this year. First one to call Lenihan and Roberts. And the Heaton rumour definitely had mileage as well as it seems he was on our list but we have gone for Darlow.

9 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Anything from Alan Nixon in tomorrows paper about is? He usually teases information on a Saturday evening?

And to be fair to him he been good for information this year. First one to call Lenihan and Roberts. And the Heaton rumour definitely had mileage as well as it seems he was on our list but we have gone for Darlow.

Nothing about us no. I havnt seen anything about us on the patreon since I've been subscribed I don't think.

5 minutes ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

Nothing about us no. I havnt seen anything about us on the patreon since I've been subscribed I don't think.

Would you recommend a subscription so far? 🤠

6 minutes ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

Sounds like only fans for journos. Few snippets then *** all 😂

• Haha 3

I don't know if this was mentioned today already but looks like Bale signing for LAFC and not Cardiff which, IMO is a huge boost for the Championship him not being upfront for them.

Too chime in on the McGoldrick, I think he is a fantastic short term deal for us. Knows Wilder, vice versa, brings leadership which we have lacked so obviously since Leadbitter left the club. Seems to always give 100%, scores goals and can be a handful for defenders.

With the addition of Lenihan as well, I like to think we are adding the leadership we have lacked. Maybe Friend as a back up LCB now, I'd be all over that personally but maybe just me.

Add in an experienced GK and a few ST's that score goals at this level and we are slowly but surely putting together what is clearly a Wilder team that I think is more than capable of getting us Promoted.

1 minute ago, mackie2424 said:

I don't know if this was mentioned today already but looks like Bale signing for LAFC and not Cardiff which, IMO is a huge boost for the Championship him not being upfront for them.

Too chime in on the McGoldrick, I think he is a fantastic short term deal for us. Knows Wilder, vice versa, brings leadership which we have lacked so obviously since Leadbitter left the club. Seems to always give 100%, scores goals and can be a handful for defenders.

With the addition of Lenihan as well, I like to think we are adding the leadership we have lacked. Maybe Friend as a back up LCB now, I'd be all over that personally but maybe just me.

Add in an experienced GK and a few ST's that score goals at this level and we are slowly but surely putting together what is clearly a Wilder team that I think is more than capable of getting us Promoted.

I agree on everything bar Friend .. He's done - He has no legs and couldn't find a way into a very weak side last season

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

I agree on everything bar Friend .. He's done - He has no legs and couldn't find a way into a very weak side last season

To be honest I haven't seen enough of Friend recently, such a lovable guy and left footed lol. It's a heart over head choice probably.

• Like 1
Just now, "KM" said:

Didn’t one of the ITK posters share something on a possible return for Friend earlier in the summer? 

That's what I thought was said, was seen with Neil Bausor I think? I think he has something to add in a back up position but again possibly heart over head.

5 hours ago, Changing Times said:

To be fair, every move Boro make at the moment you think is fantastic so you're hardly one to talk.  I wouldn't call Lenihan or Roberts exciting signings but people seem reasonably happy with both.

I appreciate that optimism will be very difficult for you to understand so I'll try my best to explain mine for our recent signings. As one of Steve Gibson's biggest critics due to his complete lack of long-term vision, I'm delighted that he's brought in Scott to run things behind the scenes. I'm excited because of the long-term vision that's underpinning our recruitment, which I can see it in the signings so far this summer and even in the January permanent signing of McGree. Though, I was undoubtedly too optimistic in January regarding Balogun and Connolly as I thought they were exactly what we needed, but I got that very wrong.

My point is that signings who aren't exciting names such as McGoldrick as our 4th choice striker doesn't really warrant being met with such extreme negativity. He's been written off by a decent section of fans as a bad signing because he's not an exciting name; Without any regard to our system, squad role, budget available and what sorts of characters Wilder wants etc.

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, "KM" said:

Didn’t one of the ITK posters share something on a possible return for Friend earlier in the summer? 

Not as a player.

14 minutes ago, mackie2424 said:

That's what I thought was said, was seen with Neil Bausor I think? I think he has something to add in a back up position but again possibly heart over head.

That’s right, I’d seen him in Yarm with Bausor and then the next day someone came on here and said he was coming back

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?