oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Alves car salesman said:

Pretty sure his girlfriend / partner has also left him 

Think you’re right, do feel for him if that’s happened on top of already being homesick 

30 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Payero is going back to Argentina because he's homesick and struggling to settle. The club wanted him to go out on loan in England but he's pushed to go home.

Sadly I don't think we'll see him in a Boro shirt again.

Fair enough. Was a gamble for all parties. Hope he gets his career back on track and then joins us on a free in a couple of years 

Lots of crying about Payero and taking for granted that we’re just giving him away because it’s an initial 18 month loan. I doubt that we’re receiving much less than we’re asking and why would we. Just because it’s an initial 18 month loan. It’s likely structured that way to comply with Boca finances. Loan fee now and an agreed sale in 18 months taking the total to the amount that we’re asking while they also pay all his wages. In essence it’s a straight sale but the buying club will be able to work it into the budget. There is no way we’re loaning him out for 18 months just to get him back with 6 months remaining on his contract. 

• Like 2

More disappointed in the finance side of the payero deal. For me, when ever he played he didn’t show anything. Even for U23 he struggled. Granted going to be hard for a foreign lad trying to adapt with injuries etc. Just don’t see why some people are moaning about losing payero

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Alves car salesman said:

Pretty sure his girlfriend / partner has also left him 

It’s always the women that are the downfall of our key South American talent 🙄

2 minutes ago, Guffie said:

More disappointed in the finance side of the payero deal. For me, when ever he played he didn’t show anything. Even for U23 he struggled. Granted going to be hard for a foreign lad trying to adapt with injuries etc. Just don’t see why some people are moaning about losing payero

It's an easy excuse to hide behind the "foreign" element but many other foreign players adapt fine, could it be that behind the scenes other clubs try and help settle them in, whether that be by bringing family members with them or with the use of interpreters or whatever. But it works for others why not us?

1 minute ago, Johnmfc81 said:

It's an easy excuse to hide behind the "foreign" element but many other foreign players adapt fine, could it be that behind the scenes other clubs try and help settle them in, whether that be by bringing family members with them or with the use of interpreters or whatever. But it works for others why not us?

No idea, probably didn’t help he had to isolate for 10 days when he arrived. Then his girlfriend arrived about 2 weeks later. Personally for me I won’t lose sleep over the transfer. Like I said very disappointed with the finance of it, shocking business. Hopefully we get someone in to fill that right side of midfield in now to challenge crooks.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Johnmfc81 said:

I think it's more to do with individuals. Coupled with the fact that adapting to somewhere like London, Birmingham, or Manchester is much easier for foreigners because there's more pockets of multi-culturalism - you can find people from most cultures in/around those cities, or at least from similar regions. 

Having moved from Middlesbrough to the Midlands, the difference in terms of that is enormous. My GF is foreign, and I don't think the sheer scale of the Cultural Difference thing is fully understood by many Brits. She's been to Middlesbrough and liked it, but definitely would struggle to settle - and she's been in the UK for 7 years.

20 minutes ago, Johnmfc81 said:

You make it sound like we just didn’t care as a club and didn’t help at all. Maybe it just didn’t work out. It happens. 

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, Guffie said:

What are the financial details of the deal? 

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Borodane said:

You make it sound like we just didn’t care as a club and didn’t help at all. Maybe it just didn’t work out. It happens. 

I agree it does happen, but in the beginning of his time here some elements of the coaching team didn't help if what the itks said was true, and while relations may of got better in the second half of the season for him, he still didn't get a look in. I also agree he probably wasn't upto it himself either. 

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?