oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, AllBoro10 said:

The season he was on loan in Bundesliga Steffen made an incredible amount of saves and was getting good reviews. He’s a good all round keeper 

Yeh I'm not writing this lad off I havnt seen him play I'm just talking about goalkeeping in general now. I would be surprised if he's the full package and has no interest from other top leagues but if we get lucky and he's excellent then I'll be over the moon.

• Like 2

Does anyone know how to set up them polls. I would be interested to know who people would vote for out of the 4 goalkeepers we been most strongly linked with:

1. Steffan

2. Darlow

3. Heaton

4. Butland

17 minutes ago, estonpidge said:

@Foxtrot Oscar Colin you surely can't be blaming Alisson Becker for that goal. Also 2 seasons previous Courtois was classed as a clown.

No but they should have conceded a goal in the 1st half cos of his bumbling in the box. Courtois has never been a clown like maybe out of form before this season but at the end of the day his saves took a team who were generally under the cosh in every tie through to the final. Allisson and Ederson wouldn't have been so dependable under that sort of pressure. Ederson conceded every time Madrid got an effort on target pretty much.

Steffen has now been reported on by the Man City  mafia  ..............   or at least the bit I know

American and desparately in need of game time.  when he was in goal we were not overly concerned, unlike a number of his predecessors.

I read that as competent but not excitiing

2 minutes ago, Rishworthian said:

Steffen has now been reported on by the Man City  mafia  ..............   or at least the bit I know

American and desparately in need of game time.  when he was in goal we were not overly concerned, unlike a number of his predecessors.

I read that as competent but not excitiing

Competent will do us in fairness 👍

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, AllBoro10 said:

The season he was on loan in Bundesliga Steffen made an incredible amount of saves and was getting good reviews. He’s a good all round keeper 

Is volume of saves really a good metric of a quality keeper? 

I know it sounds like I'm being really negative about it, I'm not trying to be I'm just interested in what he's done well and what he'll bring to us. He underperformed his xG against during his time in Germany, not by much but he did, so regardless of how poor the team was or how many saves he made, he made fewer saves than expected statistically.

2 minutes ago, Will said:

Is volume of saves really a good metric of a quality keeper? 

I know it sounds like I'm being really negative about it, I'm not trying to be I'm just interested in what he's done well and what he'll bring to us. He underperformed his xG against during his time in Germany, not by much but he did, so regardless of how poor the team was or how many saves he made, he made fewer saves than expected statistically.

Like Lumley did for us you mean?

10 minutes ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

No but they should have conceded a goal in the 1st half cos of his bumbling in the box. Courtois has never been a clown like maybe out of form before this season but at the end of the day his saves took a team who were generally under the cosh in every tie through to the final. Allisson and Ederson wouldn't have been so dependable under that sort of pressure. Ederson conceded every time Madrid got an effort on target pretty much.

Our lass is a Liverpool fan so we watch every Liverpool game on the box and Alisson has saved (& won) more points than he's lost them imo he's the best keeper in the world at the moment.

Steffen shows how we are progressing into ‘modern’ football. Lumley was shocking with his feet and I welcome anyone who can play rather than hoofing it long. That can only benefit us in comparison to last season when Lumley hooked the ball out of play. 

Another upgrade from last season hopefully and one which fits into the style of play more.

Steffen

Jones Dijksteele Fry Lenihan Giles

that’s a tasty back 5 imo. Very balanced and comfortable with the ball. Promising signs so far 👍

• Like 2
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?