oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

Boro Dane if you had made you statement about car values going down a couple of years ago, I might well have agreed with you.  Having just sold my last car which as not a classic for  about 15% more than I paid for it.  I think it was a poor analogy in the current car market.

From what I can gather most people go for a PCP these days and you never actually own the damn thing - bit like leasing really

I'll leave you to ponder

6 hours ago, Guffie said:

If people are complaining about Steffen possibly signing after watching Joe lumley all season, there is no pleasing them. Steffen is a massive upgrade and will do brilliant with consistent games

Do you know, I have this feeling that people said the same thing about us signing Lumley after watching Bettinelli all season.  In fact, I think they might have said the same thing about Bettinelli as well.

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Nothing new from me. 

Spence still going to Spurs and we’re spending some on Gyokeres and getting Gayle. 

Thanks Lurker - is the Gyokeres deal all in place?

4 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Do you know, I have this feeling that people said the same thing about us signing Lumley after watching Bettinelli all season.  In fact, I think they might have said the same thing about Bettinelli as well.

Nah loads of people moaned about the Lumley signing. Second choice at QPR, and all their fans thought he was terrible. The moaners were in turn moaned at for not giving Lumley a chance... But were soon proved right. 

13 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

If they £1m short can we not just meet half way. They go up by 500k and we come down by 500k. 

I mean if we want £15m plus add ons I think we can all live with £14.5m plus add ons.

These businessmen just need someone like beside them, telling them how to operate.

I

i don’t think either of Gibson or Levy would take kindly to anyone telling them how to operate 😏
Gibson (even if he’s not doing the talking, he’s pulling the strings) and Levy are from a similar mould. Hard nosed, hate getting beaten in a deal and will push it to the limit to see if they can improve what’s on the table. 
the worry would have been that one would have walked away rather than giving in, but if it is true there is only £1m between them, it’s got to the point that both will know it’s silly not to deal . The only question is which of them has to blink first, or take the bigger share of the £1m hit, and probably it will be a fudge where the basic fee is increased and add one cut, or the basic fee stays the same, but add ins increased.

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, Rishworthian said:

Boro Dane if you had made you statement about car values going down a couple of years ago, I might well have agreed with you.  Having just sold my last car which as not a classic for  about 15% more than I paid for it.  I think it was a poor analogy in the current car market.

From what I can gather most people go for a PCP these days and you never actually own the damn thing - bit like leasing really

I'll leave you to ponder

Isn’t a PCP a bit like loaning the car?😁

3 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Nah loads of people moaned about the Lumley signing. Second choice at QPR, and all their fans thought he was terrible. The moaners were in turn moaned at for not giving Lumley a chance... But were soon proved right. 

They didn't mate, not loads of them.  A few were underwhelmed lets say but there was more positive than negative, and the 'he will be an improvement on Bettinelli' was used on a few occasions.

I never really like setting a low bar for prospective signings.  I don't just want us to sign a goalkeeper who is better than Lumley, I want him to be a fair bit better than him, and ideally somewhere in the top half of the Championships goalkeepers at a minimum.

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, Uwe said:

like this one 😉

Yikes.

36 minutes ago, Will said:

That is a white tick 

And this guy is a mod.  Tells you an awful lot about that special group of people I feel 🤨

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

When are you next over here for a game mate?

The 2 home games in a row in September - Why? Do you want to meet up for a pint or do you want to "punch me out"? 😄

• Wow 1
36 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Nothing new from me. 

Spence still going to Spurs and we’re spending some on Gyokeres and getting Gayle. 

Any idea on gyokeres as anything more than 8 and I wouldn’t touch it and thanks for the info

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?