oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

I actually think McNair is a better defender then Dijksteel 👀 

agree when paddy is fresh hes class. but when hes flagged he switches off all the time. he plays way to many games. 

I am in the Paddy camp. Dijksteel has more pace, good recovery, but his all round game is not quite there, he occasionally gets caught asleep at the wheel. Teams need versatility. Paddy can do a job in 6 positions on the pitch. He has proved that. He is also a goalscorer and penalty taker and decent from a dead ball on corners and free kicks. He offers far more than Dijksteel, whom I agree is a very good RCB in a 3. I would sell AD before PM. Versatility is a massive plus for Paddy for me

• Like 2
1 hour ago, BeeBee said:

201 games as RB, 18 as CB, which is also the same number of games as.. his 18 games on the right wing

Paddy barely played CB before coming to us. Dijksteel never played CB before coming to us. The reality is that very few players will have played in a 3-5-2 Wing Back system before, so you're looking at players traits and how they can adapt to a system which is unique in its requirements. 

Nymabe is not a RWB. He's a RB who can play CB. Which, as we've seen in Dijksteel, can work very well. 

3 hours ago, Changing Times said:

Yeah he’s an orthodox fullback isn’t he?  He’s essentially another Dijksteel rather than another Jones.  Blackburn have obviously been a much better team than the one I’ve seen over the past few years, at least as far as someone at the club thinks.

Are signings are made on the basis of how good the club you are signing them from is, or is it a little more complex than that? Pretty sure someone was going on about a GK from Man City not being good enough for us not too long ago. 

But then i could be wrong as not itk.

• Like 1

I'm a big Dijksteel fan however as a sellable asset I think he's the one who would make the most sense to go.

Him, Crooks and Jones were really the key to our good run when Wilder first took over, and for a good few months after. Inevitably that got found out when our imbalance on the left was found out but I think a large part of that was also the amount of games at that intensity, especially for Jones and Crooks.

However, I really agree about how good Dijksteel's recoveries are but I think a large part of that is how often he let a man go in the first place or was caught out of position, a lot of Crooks' booking were picked up because he was sacrificing a tackle because of where Dijksteel found himself, McNair for me is much better at stepping out with the ball and into midfield without leaving a huge gap behind him. If one is to go, I'd completely understand that it would be Dijksteel.

Nyambe has played centre back before and has always impressed me when I've seen him, a poor man's (prime) Micah Richards really. Think he'd be a great fit at no cost and low wages, I'd very much think it would be him and Smith rather than one or the other 

54 minutes ago, Snowblind said:

Paddy barely played CB before coming to us. Dijksteel never played CB before coming to us. The reality is that very few players will have played in a 3-5-2 Wing Back system before, so you're looking at players traits and how they can adapt to a system which is unique in its requirements. 

Nymabe is not a RWB. He's a RB who can play CB. Which, as we've seen in Dijksteel, can work very well. 

I take your point, but McNair actually had played most of his games at CB, and Diijksteel had only played 48 games in total, 9 at CB. Hoping we don't lose them either way.

31 minutes ago, fentmoore said:

I'm a big Dijksteel fan however as a sellable asset I think he's the one who would make the most sense to go.

Him, Crooks and Jones were really the key to our good run when Wilder first took over, and for a good few months after. Inevitably that got found out when our imbalance on the left was found out but I think a large part of that was also the amount of games at that intensity, especially for Jones and Crooks.

However, I really agree about how good Dijksteel's recoveries are but I think a large part of that is how often he let a man go in the first place or was caught out of position, a lot of Crooks' booking were picked up because he was sacrificing a tackle because of where Dijksteel found himself, McNair for me is much better at stepping out with the ball and into midfield without leaving a huge gap behind him. If one is to go, I'd completely understand that it would be Dijksteel.

Nyambe has played centre back before and has always impressed me when I've seen him, a poor man's (prime) Micah Richards really. Think he'd be a great fit at no cost and low wages, I'd very much think it would be him and Smith rather than one or the other 

Anf lets people go because he takes risks, he moves into areas to drag opposition out of place and cause an overload. If he didn't do that then he would likely be dropped for not following wilders template of playing. I can't imagine paddy will start over anf on the rcb but will get plenty of time floating around in different positions. I saw the quote saying rcb from wilder but I don't believe that for a second,  he will be used where needed to plug the gaps week by week.

1 hour ago, DocMartin said:

I am in the Paddy camp. Dijksteel has more pace, good recovery, but his all round game is not quite there, he occasionally gets caught asleep at the wheel. Teams need versatility. Paddy can do a job in 6 positions on the pitch. He has proved that. He is also a goalscorer and penalty taker and decent from a dead ball on corners and free kicks. He offers far more than Dijksteel, whom I agree is a very good RCB in a 3. I would sell AD before PM. Versatility is a massive plus for Paddy for me

You need athleticism in the Premier league and I would bet more prem teams would take anf over paddy. I'm not knocking paddy but anf has something you can't teach. 

Like I said I don’t think the club will be actively shopping either of them about. Wilder said the other day that he expects no more senior departures other than Djed. If another club comes in for either of them then obviously that’s a different matter but so far there’s been nothing to indicate that is the case.

7 minutes ago, JTG said:

Like I said I don’t think the club will be actively shopping either of them about. Wilder said the other day that he expects no more senior departures other than Djed. If another club comes in for either of them then obviously that’s a different matter but so far there’s been nothing to indicate that is the case.

I don’t believe everything he says regarding transfers and injuries don’t think he gives much away especially key players. Think there’s a consensus that it would be Spence and another going, we shall see.

2 hours ago, HolgateHero said:

Are signings are made on the basis of how good the club you are signing them from is, or is it a little more complex than that? Pretty sure someone was going on about a GK from Man City not being good enough for us not too long ago. 

But then i could be wrong as not itk.

Must be someone else you are talking about as I never said that Steffen wasn’t good enough for us.  All I asked was if there was any reason other than him being a Man City player that he was a brilliant signing.  Similarly I haven’t said anyone we’ve signed from Blackburn or might be planning to sign from Blackburn isn’t good enough because they play for Blackburn. I’m simply interested as to why we possibly value their defenders so highly when our defensive record has been better than theirs in all but one season in the last half dozen I believe.  I assume their defenders are at least partly responsible for that defensive record.  Signing one player in itself is just that of course but Nyambe would be the third Blackburn defender we’ve signed this summer (Giles being on loan there last season).  Being honest I’d be reluctant to sign three strikers from a club with a worse goal scoring record than ours so I’m also not thrilled about the idea of transporting a worse defensive unit into our club either.  But you’re right like, it is more complex than just the club you’re signing players from, and it’s only right to look at each signing on an individual basis 👍

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?