oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, AllBoro10 said:

Can see social media erupting with rage when Payero joins Boca. I’m not arsed myself, would rather sign a player with a better injury record and one Wilder is confident in using. Either way I will wish the lad all the best and follow his career closely 

Aaron Mooy will be a great replacement. I'd love us to bring him in.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

I feel like all that's left for Steffen is an announcement, it seems it's just paperwork and everything else. Touch wood but nobody else has been legitimately linked with him and most places who had any know-how on it suggested the only real hold-up was City's need for a replacement, which they already have.

The big thing I'm worried about right now is strikers. We need a few of them and going off last season, we need some bloody good ones. Good strikers don't tend to come quick or cheap so we unfortunately have the waiting game to play. We will fill the gaps, I've no doubt but it definitely doesn't feel like anything is really imminent on that front.

Totally agree re; strikers 

Had confidence we were going to be improving significantly in that area a few weeks back, had a good feeling about things but now I don't know what to think

Even when the Spence deal goes through, we'll have money but that doesn't mean we just wax the whole lot and attract anyone we want, I know that. I know the window is always tough but I wonder what Wilder's thoughts are currently as things drag on... yet the first game is going to come before we know it! 🤣

It is going to be a very difficult season and finishing top six will be harder this time around, let alone challenging auto. Apart from the relegated sides with parachute payments etc, I got the impression we were going to be ahead of the pack in attracting the right players 

Would love to be a fly on the wall in our transfer department ... 

28 minutes ago, Brunners said:

yes we as a forum I thought that's what we collectively decided!

I'm outraged that I have been added to this conclusion. I'd like to make a disclaimer that only my own posts represent my views on the ins and outs of a fart regarding transfer dealings.

I also reserve the right to claim I was hacked when I'm completely wrong and looking to save face.

• Haha 1
On 7/5/2022 at 2:31 PM, estonpidge said:

Hope you get the job, after that interview you deserve it.

After another 3 hours today, they offered me the job as I was driving home. 

• Like 16
  • Thanks 5
43 minutes ago, Cosmonaut said:

Lenihan and Giles are two great signings and thought we started the window very well bringing them in, I think the former will do very well and be a favourite here. Giles is a solid addition and look forward to seeing how he gets on - but starting to get the jitters as the window drags on .. 

Flint looked a good signing when we bought him, others too. Let's see them earn the crown before putting them on the throne.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, uncle_rico said:

Aaron Mooy will be a great replacement. I'd love us to bring him in.

I'm nearly a million % certain that's just an agent touting him around. He'll end up in Turkey or something.

The Gazette seem confident he won't be back, so I hope he does well enough to entice Boca Juninors to buy him permanently, it'll be an awkward situation if we're trying to move him on again next summer.

I suspect it'll be a significant loss even if he does impress them, Argentinian football isn't flush with cash.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, LBP said:

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/payero-middlesbrough-boca-loan-close-24471166

4 million Euros we paid for him according to the Gazette, let's see how much we can get back 

Sometimes as a clue, we're absolutely pathetic. Some fans will say he didn't do anything but from the glimpses we saw of him in particular that run of three games he was robbed of four assists by Crooks being cocky and the incompetence of both Sporar and Watmore in front of goal against Cardiff and Peterborough. It's very disappointing he's been written off but it's typical of us. He's had a very difficult twelve months. A great technical player with an excellent range of passing and good at carrying the ball forward. It's a real shame he's not had a proper chance and we've wrote him off after one season.

• Like 3

It's a bit wild seeing Craig Johns coming out with lines like this.

"Get this will upset some, but ultimately Payero has been all hype, no substance. Injuries haven't helped, but odd glimpses at Cardiff the only time in 14 appearances he looked good. Watched him underwhelm for the U23s too. Didn't take his chances, and #Boro ultimately have better"

The Boro propaganda machine really in full swing there! Poor guy. He didn't have a hope in hell here.

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?