oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Smokedsalmon said:

It's a bit wild seeing Craig Johns coming out with lines like this.

"Get this will upset some, but ultimately Payero has been all hype, no substance. Injuries haven't helped, but odd glimpses at Cardiff the only time in 14 appearances he looked good. Watched him underwhelm for the U23s too. Didn't take his chances, and #Boro ultimately have better"

The Boro propaganda machine really in full swing there! Poor guy. He didn't have a hope in hell here.

Yeah could have made it subtle instead of it being obvious they've been told to write it.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
2 minutes ago, Smokedsalmon said:

It's a bit wild seeing Craig Johns coming out with lines like this.

"Get this will upset some, but ultimately Payero has been all hype, no substance. Injuries haven't helped, but odd glimpses at Cardiff the only time in 14 appearances he looked good. Watched him underwhelm for the U23s too. Didn't take his chances, and #Boro ultimately have better"

The Boro propaganda machine really in full swing there! Poor guy. He didn't have a hope in hell here.

I don’t necessarily think that’s unfair imo and I don’t really understand the cult following he seems to have amassed on here. 🤷‍♂️

Just one man’s opinion.

27 minutes ago, "KM" said:

Craig saying how it is. I know it will upset a few but I agree with him. 

The guy's come to a new continent at the age of 22, doesn't speak the language, had to talk to Neil Warnock through a translator app (actual Monty Python sketch stuff that by the way) and never got even a sniff at a run of games.

He used to get thrown on with 10 minutes to go in our disjointed plan-less Warnock days where the ball would fly over his head every single time we had it, then suffered an injury just as he finally got going.

Edited by Smokedsalmon
  • Like 4
Just now, Smokedsalmon said:

The guy's come to a new continent at the age of 22, doesn't speak the language, had to talk to Neil Warnock through a translator app (actual Monty Python sketch stuff that by the way) and never got even a sniff at a run of games.

He used to get thrown on with 10 minutes to go in our disjointed plan-less Warnock days where the ball would fly over his head every single time we had it, then suffered an injury just as he finally got going.

Johns is talking out of his--or more accurately the club's--*** in my opinion.

Not to mention he caught covid before the Mansfield game which would have been a real time to try and impress Wilder too.

Sadly, it is the truth. I think everyone wanted him to succeed, but his performances and availability didn't allow it. 

He is a good player, but lacks the characteristics the manager wants. I think the nail in the coffin from the clubs perspective was {allegedly} wanting a loan back in Argentina, rather than in Europe. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Crackers said:

Lol? The deal obviously suited boro In the end and all parties will be happy, if he goes.

Less than 24 hours since you declared him "very much in Wilders plans".  Made me smile.

• Haha 4
12 minutes ago, Smokedsalmon said:

Johns is talking out of his--or more accurately the club's--*** in my opinion.

He was only available for 14 games under Warnock, he started 7 of them and played in 3 others, 3 of the 4 games he stayed on the bench for were immediately after he'd arrived in the country.

He was injured for Warnock's 4 other matches.

He started 4 games in a row before getting injured and missing the next game, he started against West Brom and then had to come off injured.

He was injured when Wilder took over, and then got injured again on the road to recovery during a behind closed doors match and missed all of December through fear of it recurring.

He then got Covid, and when he recovered, he played significant lengths as substitute against Man U and Coventy in January, he then had a major injury within a minute of coming on against QPR and missed most of the games under Wilder.

He never got a significantly long run of games because he kept getting injured.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
5 minutes ago, Boroinredcar said:

Flint looked a good signing when we bought him, others too. Let's see them earn the crown before putting them on the throne.

True. Ha ha 

Hopefully the same won't be said about Lenihan in a couple of seasons' time 

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?