oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, boksicdink said:

is he pretending to be a journalist for his work experience or something?!

He has got a blue tick to be fair. 😂

21 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I liked him when he used to unironically post about X-Factor, these days he's largely a doom merchant. He doesn't even hang around in the bushes at Rockliffe anymore 🙁

He’s changed since he got married 😁

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, "KM" said:

All of a sudden is anyone else concerned about the new season? It looking increasingly likely that we are going to lose our most influential player and the new season is one week away. Little noise about incomings and our squad looks paper thin. There was talk about a top two push this season but that is looking wide off the mark as things stand. I’m not seeing anything positive about the situation like some are, that might just be me though. 😂

Exactly my feelings about the upcoming season

Try to remain hopeful but although we have additional profit should we lose Tavernier (which looks the case) I think it is a big hole to fill to say the least, in a short space of time and I just don't feel comfortable losing him going into a campaign where most of us were/are expecting a promotion battle. Certainly do not feel like we are anywhere near an automatic-competing squad as it stands .. but you just never know, I guess. 

Someone mentioned other day about Wilder seeming tetchy in his post-match interview the other night, and I picked up on that too but thought must be just me ... 

I think if things haven't gone well 10 games or so in, he could lose his patience and be off. A lot is down to reasons such as I've never felt comfortable since the Burnley link.

I thought perhaps he will have come round to staying here with assurances he'd get what he needs to get the job done and get us up .. but just can't shake the feeling we're going to miss out on what he really needs. I know it isn't that simple, of course you never get everyone you're after, we're not Real Madrid and it is difficult given how long we've been out the PL ... I just wish I had the confidence we were going to go into the new season with a proper squad ready to compete with the best in the league and I don't think come close of the window, it will look that way 

Hope I am proven wrong in the remaining time of the window left re; incomings, I really do, and hate to say all the above. I just got the impression when the window opened we were going to make some significant progress, at least enough players in by now in key areas to have plenty of time with them together before the opener 

I am pleased we signed Lenihan/Giles .. I think the latter particularly, will go on to prove a great player for us, but if we don't make the improvements we badly need up top then it isn't going to count for much

Glad we've improved in the goalkeeping department also, for sure .. I really was not a fan of Lumley at all and delighted we won't be having him between the sticks this season! No.1 has been a problem since Randolph so let's hope Steffen proves a hit. 

Hopefully Wilder does get who he needs and he is going to be happy but I feel we're useless behind the scenes when it comes to competing for signatures and that isn't just me, people have posted rumours of people at the club being let down last minute and all sorts before. Ever since the arrival of Scott, etc I had high hopes recruitment was going to improve but so far, it's all quite frustrating

Fingers crossed things change over the next few days and we hear something more concrete on links such as Armstrong/Gyokeres, etc .. Armstrong is a player I am really excited by if there's any truth we're close as long as Saints get in who they need .. but once again ... I am having doubts when I wish I wasn't! 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Bruce said:

Loans in.

21-22 Onel Hernández, James Léa Siliki, Andraž Šporar, Aaron Connolly, Folarin Balogun. Successes? 0

20-21 Marcus Bettinelli, Patrick Roberts, Yannick Bolasie, Neeskens Kebano. Successes? Maybe Bolasie

19-20 Patrick Roberts, Lukas Nmecha, Ravel Morrison, Harold Moukoudi. Successes? Maybe Roberts.

18-19 Jordan Hugill, Muhamed Bešić, Sam McQueen, Danny Batth, George Saville, Rajiv van La Parra. Successes? Batth. (Technically Saville, I had forgotten we loaned him first. Bešić's second spell was indifferent.)

17-18 Connor Roberts, Lewis Baker, Jack Harrison, Muhamed Bešić. successes: Bešić

In 5 years that's 2 definite successes and 2 partial successes out of 23 loans. That's pretty appalling.

Yeah but Forest got promoted and had some loan signings so this now means that's how you do it 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Cosmonaut said:

Exactly my feelings about the upcoming season

Try to remain hopeful but although we have additional profit should we lose Tavernier (which looks the case) I think it is a big hole to fill to say the least, in a short space of time and I just don't feel comfortable losing him going into a campaign where most of us were/are expecting a promotion battle. Certainly do not feel like we are anywhere near an automatic-competing squad as it stands .. but you just never know, I guess. 

Someone mentioned other day about Wilder seeming tetchy in his post-match interview the other night, and I picked up on that too but thought must be just me ... 

I think if things haven't gone well 10 games or so in, he could lose his patience and be off. A lot is down to reasons such as I've never felt comfortable since the Burnley link.

I thought perhaps he will have come round to staying here with assurances he'd get what he needs to get the job done and get us up .. but just can't shake the feeling we're going to miss out on what he really needs. I know it isn't that simple, of course you never get everyone you're after, we're not Real Madrid and it is difficult given how long we've been out the PL ... I just wish I had the confidence we were going to go into the new season with a proper squad ready to compete with the best in the league and I don't think come close of the window, it will look that way 

Hope I am proven wrong in the remaining time of the window left re; incomings, I really do, and hate to say all the above. I just got the impression when the window opened we were going to make some significant progress, at least enough players in by now in key areas to have plenty of time with them together before the opener 

I am pleased we signed Lenihan/Giles .. I think the latter particularly, will go on to prove a great player for us, but if we don't make the improvements we badly need up top then it isn't going to count for much

Glad we've improved in the goalkeeping department also, for sure .. I really was not a fan of Lumley at all and delighted we won't be having him between the sticks this season! No.1 has been a problem since Randolph so let's hope Steffen proves a hit. 

Hopefully Wilder does get who he needs and he is going to be happy but I feel we're useless behind the scenes when it comes to competing for signatures and that isn't just me, people have posted rumours of people at the club being let down last minute and all sorts before. Ever since the arrival of Scott, etc I had high hopes recruitment was going to improve but so far, it's all quite frustrating

Fingers crossed things change over the next few days and we hear something more concrete on links such as Armstrong/Gyokeres, etc .. Armstrong is a player I am really excited by if there's any truth we're close as long as Saints get in who they need .. but once again ... I am having doubts when I wish I wasn't! 

too many words

• Haha 2
6 hours ago, Tom said:

I've had a pretty rough few years in my personal life, and football is where I come for a bit of a laugh and entertainment.

I've seen better players than Tavernier leave and I still enjoy watching my team play for a bit of escapism.

So if you think it's worth crying and screaming over, I'm not going to judge you. But it really is only football.

I know mate, but you have to remember that a lot of people use football, and threads like this, for some escapism.  You can take it seriously without thinking it's really serious.  There's no comparison to a personal tragedy of course but that's kinda the point, we can all put lots of emotion/feeling into it without ever truly being hurt by it however it feels.  So it's kinda safe in that respect where a lot of things in life are not.

Edited by Changing Times
  • Like 2
15 minutes ago, Cosmonaut said:

I think Wilder will go as soon as a better offer comes in, I'm not gonna kid myself that he doesn't see us as a stepping stone. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Tom said:

Not sure if it was mentioned on here, but Grant Hall has gone to Rotherham on loan. They had a Q&A last night at their stadium where it was confirmed.

Bloody hell, I bet every question was, "What did we sign him for?"

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Humpty said:

Strikers are a different kettle of fish. Like Wilder said in his interview, everyone is looking for strikers but the good one's are expensive and in demand, even Championship and League 1 striker. Gyokeres for example. The best way to get bang for your buck is to loan in Premier League talent. It's not like we're not developing our own talent in that area either. Coburn and Kavanagh are both well thought of. 

What about left sided central defenders, or midfielders, or right sided players, cos we haven't in fact signed any of them either?  

Coburn and Kavanagh aren't well thought of enough to play though are they?  Wilder didn't exactly give Coburn a ringing endorsement the other night.  I don't know if he was just trying to take some pressure off but he basically said we can't expect Coburn to lead the line for us next season cos it's not fair on a 19 year old.  Fair enough like, but then Archer is only 20, and Muniz is 21, and by the sounds of it we don't have a problem with those two playing.  Personally I don't think Wilder rates Coburn that much at the moment whatever he says.  We wouldn't be looking for a million strikers if he did, no matter his age.

• Like 1
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?