oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Are we? I think maybe you mean we’ve got some decent fees for some players?  It’s quite a small number relatively speaking though.  We consistently lose money on far more players than we make profits on.  Once you get past de Roon, Traore, Bamford and a few others there aren’t any more.  We’ve taken big losses on lots of players unfortunately, either players we simply couldn’t sell when we would have liked to like Assombalonga, or players we sold at a loss like Flint, Saville, and so on.  I’d imagine we aren’t the worst for it around but I suspect we are closer to it than the best.

That's a different argument though. I'm not talking about players we let leave for free when their contracts run down, or players that we overpaid for in the first place like Saville.

I'm disputing the narrative that we constantly sell our better players for lower than they're worth. 

• Like 1
Just now, Tom said:

That's a different argument though. I'm not talking about players we let leave for free when their contracts run down, or players that we overpaid for in the first place like Saville.

I'm disputing the narrative that we constantly sell our better players for lower than they're worth. 

Tbf that's a small sample size, we've only had about 4 good players in the last 5 years

• Like 4

Tav is a petulant child, when thing dont go his way he spits the dummy, Im pretty sure NW touched on his attitude during his tenure.

Like ive said before hes does a lot of running around and tackling but its often after he has given the ball away, £12.5m is good money for him and allows us to keep building.

We all wanted KS to come in and get some young hungry players that are not household names and now he is doing just that and the club are getting slated for it.

If there is one thing for certain, its going to be an interesting season that could go either way.........I cant wait!

Nba Playoffs Dancing GIF by NBA

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

What I would say is Forss and Hoppe for around £5m is good business, both have clear strengths and can develop here. I think it’ll be those 2 plus Armstrong and Muniz with Coburn going out on loan.

After that we need midfield cover and a LCB

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

No one except our fan base will think we have been low balled either

You could say that about most clubs when they sell a player though. We watch every game and we understand his importance to the team. An opposition fan is more likely to go into it uninformed and base their opinion on things like stats rather than what he contributes to the team.

I just think it’s irritating to see clubs like Coventry setting massively inflated price tags on their star men and standing firm with them while we’re letting Tav go for less than I feel he’s worth.

We might not even see that extra 2.5m, for all we know it could be tied up in them surviving relegation. And even if we do, I think given the circumstances we could have gotten more than 12.5m all told.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, DevKWat said:

What I would say is Forss and Hoppe for around £5m is good business, both have clear strengths and can develop here. I think it’ll be those 2 plus Armstrong and Muniz with Coburn going out on loan.

After that we need midfield cover and a LCB

Doubt we will sign 4 like but happy to be proved wrong. 

10 minutes ago, CanadianBoro said:

We've accepted 12m with the possibility of add if more details come out. So we are only 3m or less difference. 

We've accepted 10m with the possibility of 2.5m in add ons

7 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

Tav is massively over rated and mid level championship at best; Discuss...

I wouldn’t say mid level, but he’s only decent… £12.5m is a decent fee, feel like we can replace him for cheaper and use some of the left over elsewhere.

Interesting that Hoppe was part of La Masia before joining Schalke.

EDIT: turns out it is an academy in Arizona that is affiliated with Barca. Wikipedia links to La Masia but it is actually separate.

• Haha 1
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?