oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

29 minutes ago, Boroinredcar said:

He is not a patch on Tav.

Different players. Mcgree is miles better than tav technically. Better output. But tav is miles better in the engine department. His work rate is second to none

4 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

But a thousand pages of that were Dijksteel v McNair and whether Crackers is ITK or WUM 🤷🏻‍♂️

Don't forget there was about 150 discussing crisps 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
37 minutes ago, Youngy228 said:

4 year deal for Forss

I think this will end up being a decent signing. Always liked the look of him for Brentford when I seen him he looked a threat. Hopefully he suits our style of play and we can give him type of service he needs.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Tom said:

A long time ago on this thread, I recall someone pondering whether or not we'd sign a striker before got to page 1,000.

It ended up being 1,340 😱 

Actually, I think it was whether we would sell Spence before 1000 pages.

(Then of course once we sold him the floodgates would open and a plethora of strikers would sign).

12 minutes ago, Smokedsalmon said:

814757183_BoroTeam.png.011e20888028ced21228cdf204064ef0.png

Provided Akpom goes, this is about what we're working with at the moment.

One more striker (Hoppe), a left-sided CB, and a CM and we're about sorted. I don't think we will come top 2, but play-offs you would think is almost a certainty with that team.

I don't think it's the PANIC STATIONS position some people are making it out to be.

We definitely need one signing for each of the five players without a backup in that schematic, and I don't think we can manage with four strikers if one of them's Coburn. Plus, Boyd-Munce may not be ready for regular first-team football, Howson is getting on a bit and Crooks keeps getting banned. Seven players required in total for me.

9 minutes ago, Guffie said:

Different players. Mcgree is miles better than tav technically. Better output. But tav is miles better in the engine department. His work rate is second to none

Well I'll look forward to at least 20 goal involvements and him running the midfield for us this season then 👌

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Foxtrot Oscar Colin said:

Well I'll look forward to at least 20 goal involvements and him running the midfield for us this season then 👌

For sure. He’ll strike up a telepathic partnership with Forss and we’ll be top by Christmas 

4 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

https://www.mfc.co.uk/videos/382aa664-315c-4b56-b6db-e61ce54a9625

Forss seems a bit like Hector Bellerin where his accent flits between sounding very English and then his natural accent.

He looked quite anxious in that interview, wonder if he's not one for the media stuff, looked like he might have even been reading from something.

Not to read too much into it of course or that that's in any way a problem. Very excited to see how he does, can't wait to see him on the pitch 😎

I believe that the club knew that they were going to lose Tav this window and had agreed with him to be allowed to move on if the right offer was received. Bringing in McGree was good solid planning and progression and in addition now moves Boyd Munce up the pecking order, it’s what happens in football clubs. Tav was a high energy player who was the glue in our midfield due to weaknesses elsewhere but by addressing those weaknesses we can become a stronger team, providing the money is invested wisely. I will hold off judging this new model until the transfer window is over and we have played a dozen games. The good news all round is football is back tomorrow so life just got a whole lot better 😊 

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

We definitely need one signing for each of the five players without a backup in that schematic, and I don't think we can manage with four strikers if one of them's Coburn. Plus, Boyd-Munce may not be ready for regular first-team football, Howson is getting on a bit and Crooks keeps getting banned. Seven players required in total for me.

7 thats a but much. we have a couple of flexible players who can play in different positions. Like howson paddy smith and bola. With a couple more in say 2 strikers a cm and a lcb we would have plenty of bodies. If the signings are made correctly. Saving 3 salaries.  

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?