oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

Genuine question how many championship clubs have signed as many players as us at the minute I really think we've signed some cracking players with a few more to come this could be a really good season for us UTB.

• Like 4
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, carltonkid said:

Genuine question how many championship clubs have signed as many players as us at the minute I really think we've signed some cracking players with a few more to come this could be a really good season for us UTB.

Going off Transfermarkt, most clubs have signed around the same amount as us, give or take 1 player.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Morning

Who's ready to see Chrissy Wilder punch a journalist today?

Some time ago there was a post match interview with legendary danish manager Ove Christensen. His team had just lost 4-0 and the young journalist kept asking him questions about his job and whether he'd be sacked. Ove tried to be pragmatic about it but after about 1:30 mins he lost his temper and said "you can't expect me to stand here and answer your stupid questions" and as the interview ends he slams the reporter on the shoulder with a "well done" and a "I just gave you pad on the shoulder". Even though you don't understand whats being said it's still funny to this day. Stupid journo.

• Thanks 1

This is the number of transfers off Sky, though it includes Conteh for us, so I assume there are youth players for other clubs:

12 - Cardiff

11 - Burnley

10 - Hull, Luton, Stoke

9 - Reading

8 - Huddersfield, Rotherham

7 - Bristol City, Middlesbrough

6 - Coventry, Millwall, Sunderland, Swansea

5 - Birmingham, Blackpool, Preston, Watford

4 - Blackburn, QPR, Sheffield United

3 - Norwich, West Brom, Wigan

7 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

This is the number of transfers off Sky, though it includes Conteh for us, so I assume there are youth players for other clubs:

12 - Cardiff

11 - Burnley

10 - Hull, Luton, Stoke

9 - Reading

The main thing is we have added quality. We’ve added 4 starters, backup RWB & Keeper. 
We’re signing good players and have the money to get more. Our strategy has definitely improved.

Had other clubs got their business done earlier then we’d have players in by now. 

• Like 12
9 hours ago, Snowblind said:

I'm in Edinburgh for the Festival and it's *** chaos so can't keep up with this thread...

Have we ever considered a Concise Transfer Thread? 🤔🙃

Its was talked about, but we were 500 pages in and we still couldn't come to a decision.

1 hour ago, DocMartin said:

Headbutt please, punching is so passé

How about a flying elbow to the forehead, that would be amusing.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

12 - Cardiff

11 - Burnley

10 - Hull, Luton, Stoke

9 - Reading

Interesting that Cardiff, Burnley & Hull won their first game &  Norwich, Sheffield Utd & QPR lost theirs,

Coincidence or something more sinister😬

I'm not in panic mode at all😵

8 minutes ago, Lurker said:

The main thing is we have added quality. We’ve added 4 starters, backup RWB & Keeper. 
We’re signing good players and have the money to get more. Our strategy has definitely improved.

Had other clubs got their business done earlier then we’d have players in by now. 

I don't disagree, just providing a list of numbers.

One more striker and a midfielder and I'd be comfortable-ish with the squad, though ideally we'd need another 1-2 strikers, that LCB and another midfielder on top that.

8 minutes ago, JonnyMFC said:

Its was talked about, but we were 500 pages in and we still couldn't come to a decision.

How about a flying elbow to the forehead, that would be amusing.

If you notice this notice, you'll notice that this notice is not worth noticing, so next time you notice this notice, don't notice this notice. 

(replied to wrong commment) 

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I don't disagree, just providing a list of numbers.

One more striker and a midfielder and I'd be comfortable-ish with the squad, though ideally we'd need another 1-2 strikers, that LCB and another midfielder on top that.

29 minutes until Wilder walks in with 5 new signings in tow!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, edinboro said:

29 minutes until Wilder walks in with 5 new signings in tow!

Somebody check what hes wearing!

If he walks in with training attire then hes probably going back to work after the presser.

If he walks in with an Hawaiian shirt, shades and flip flops, and a suitcase then hes probably pocketed the transfer money and hes buggering off!

1 hour ago, Rat catcher said:

Over the past three weeks we have seen numerous names linked with us. In truth how many of those potential names are actually on the official Boro's transfer list ?The silence from the Boro is deafening so lets hope NW can shed some light on the subject this morning.

Almost had a heart attack there

• Haha 2
15 hours ago, ElDaftardo said:

I really feel sorry for Ikpeazu, sure he may not be good enough or fit in Wilder's plans but the lad just seems to be completely forgotten about. It's strange.

if the club registers him to play then who ever buys him from us cant loan him out in january when they realise he is not good enough, they just being smart

2 minutes ago, Rob said:

if the club registers him to play then who ever buys him from us cant loan him out in january when they realise he is not good enough, they just being smart

I thought he would have to make an appearance on the pitch for us before that would kick in @Rob ?

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

12 - Cardiff

11 - Burnley

10 - Hull, Luton, Stoke

9 - Reading

We have only signed 6 haven't we not 7.

• Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo