oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, JonnyMFC said:

Gayle was proven over 2 years ago, since then anything could have happened for me he's not relevant and never was.

I know nothing of the 2.Bundesliga or the players you mention, are they any good, would they suit our game & would they come to us? £2m seems like a bargain so you have to wonder why they are still in the league they are.

My idea of proven is a striker who has consistently scored 15+ goals/season in two of the past three seasons.....that to me is proven, not someone that did it once last season or did it 4 or 5 season ago last time they played here.

Maybe your idea of proven is different to mine?

I just gave you some examples. That you don’t know them is irrelevant. When I can pull out names free from memory I suppose it’s fair to assume that a highly paid team of football recruiters can find some too. They are obviously out there. It’s just up to Scott and our scouts to do their jobs. 

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, macapes said:

To put it bluntly, £10 million gets you a lot more "proven" than £3 million.

Hoppe is a lot less proven than Larsen, Muniz and, notably, Armstrong.

It brings you closer to proven, agreed!

3 minutes ago, JonnyMFC said:

Do you consider Twine to be proven? I dont, 1 good season in a league below us doesnt mean hes proven.

Adam Armstrong hits my criteria of 2x 15+ goals in 2 of the past 3 seasons, as you say, we are "supposedly" in for him, and its only a loan, so again we cant afford him.

Granted £9m is a sizable amount, but its not enough to get a proven goalscorer through the door!

Ah, your criteria is that it has to be a permanent signing, which is not what I said.  I'd happily take a proven loan for a season.

• Like 1

Anybody take Vydra on a free ? Just been released by Burnley . I know someone on here said something about SG not wanting to buy players over 30 but sure he’s only 30 now and it’s a free , scores goals and knows this league 

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, macapes said:

To put it bluntly, £10 million gets you a lot more "proven" than £3 million.

Hoppe is a lot less proven than Larsen, Muniz and, notably, Armstrong.

To be fair, being proven somewhere doesn't guarantee they will be good at another club. Armstrong is probably the closest to that from the list, but he would cost more than £10m... More likely, our whole budget (Presuming we ideally don't want to spend more than £15m?), so we probably need to spread it around a bit. Plus as we saw from spending 15m on Assombalonga we ended up with a poor performance return and zero cash at the end of it.

If we needed just 1 Striker to complete the squad and had 12-15m to spend left in the total budget, then go for the 'proven' option of course, but realistically, the club need to get promoted and/or find the rough diamonds and the more from the list of we get, the better in that regard to turn them into the finished article or at least improve them enough to get promoted/sell on for a profit.

• Like 1
Just now, Smogzilla said:

That's definitely harsh on Forss, had a full season in the championship and scored at a reasonable rate for a backup.

It’s not harsh, its true.  He’s played a total of 1700 mins at this level in is life.  I’m not having a go at the lad but its not much really.

2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

No, the mystery striker is someone else I think.  

Oh I took that tweet where he said he could finally reveal the name and had to say paperwork instead of work permit to mean that was the mystery man, hopefully theres another

• Like 1
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?