oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

5 minutes ago, Riverside94 said:

Has Ampadu been played in midfield before? Noticed he hasn’t been given a number at Chelsea and Wilder has him at Shef U on loan if I’m not mistaken.

Gilmour and Barkley too.. don’t know what Gilmour was like for Norwich though.. and Barkley would be massive wages and reported attitude/lifestyle problems

Do you mean Ross Barkley? There's no way we are getting him. 

Gilmore always looks like a nice player when I've seen him and he looks like he can tackle but I think we need someone who is a bit more athletic in the midfield areas. 

• Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Aye the last time he scored more than 10 goals in a season was when he was at Aston Villa and that was nearly a decade ago

Apart from the 22 last season obviously. Plus 10 assists

8 hours ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

I'd say I was probably an optimistic fan and we look way off a promotion side to me, I think at present the loss of Tav means we are overall weaker than last season 

Agreed. But the team that started yesterday was good enough to not be 3-0 down after half an hour, even without Tav. QPR have only really signed Tyler Roberts, and he was injured. 

It's concerning how crap we looked all over the pitch - especially when you consider we bossed them at their place last year and only drew cos of a Lumley blunder.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Agreed. But the team that started yesterday was good enough to not be 3-0 down after half an hour, even without Tav. QPR have only really signed Tyler Roberts, and he was injured. 

It's concerning how crap we looked all over the pitch - especially when you consider we bossed them at their place last year and only drew cos of a Lumley blunder.

I seem to recall us being slow starters quite a lot since Wilder came in last season, and not just one or two players but pretty much the full team. You could tell within 5-10 minutes if we were ‘on it’ or not. He does seem capable of rousing them at HT for an improved display but it seems odd that we looked so flat starting games so regularly. I think a chunk of that responsibility needs to come from the players though, you couldn’t start slow with a Roy Keane, John Terry, Grant Leadbitter in your team without getting an earful. As an example I see lots of debate regarding Lenihan vs Fry in the starting 11 and to be honest if Fry is a slightly better player but Lenihan gets 1-2% extra out of his teammates due to his leadership then he should start for me.

I think Wilder will definitely want signings in ASAP, a cup game against lower league opposition would be a good occasion to give them even just a 30min or so run out to assess them in a competitive match environment

9 minutes ago, OldManGravz said:

I think Wilder will definitely want signings in ASAP, a cup game against lower league opposition would be a good occasion to give them even just a 30min or so run out to assess them in a competitive match environment

I wonder if we'll see Roberts in goal v Barnsley, or will he stick with his blue eyed boy.

19 minutes ago, Erimus 63 said:

I wonder if we'll see Roberts in goal v Barnsley, or will he stick with his blue eyed boy.

I think he'll stick with Steffen to show faith, they won't be unaware of the criticism he's currently facing.

19 minutes ago, Erimus 63 said:

my thoughts exactly at 5pm yesterday, but we should know Wilder well enough by now to realise he is not flexible in his thinking and averse to any semblance of tinkering with his own blueprint on tactics or personnel.

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, A21 said:

I seem to recall us being slow starters quite a lot since Wilder came in last season, and not just one or two players but pretty much the full team. You could tell within 5-10 minutes if we were ‘on it’ or not. He does seem capable of rousing them at HT for an improved display but it seems odd that we looked so flat starting games so regularly. I think a chunk of that responsibility needs to come from the players though, you couldn’t start slow with a Roy Keane, John Terry, Grant Leadbitter in your team without getting an earful. As an example I see lots of debate regarding Lenihan vs Fry in the starting 11 and to be honest if Fry is a slightly better player but Lenihan gets 1-2% extra out of his teammates due to his leadership then he should start for me.

Yeh he really got an extra 2% when we were 3 down and he forgot how to mark his man on a corner.

• Haha 2
  • Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?