oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

10 hours ago, sambaDTR said:

With his build he should just wipe every attacker who comes near him. Keepers always get protection from refs. 👍

I dont think a players build comes into play when he has both feet off the ground.

9 hours ago, kentucky said:

See Coventry get away with cancelling a game short notice because of a bad pitch, how things change

The ref cancelled the game, not the club, there is a difference!

• Like 1
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, uncle_rico said:

Can we only apply for the WP once everything is agreed or is it something we can do whilst all the finer details are being sorted and he’s doing his medical etc. 

You must have a job offer from a UK employer to apply for a work permit. Players often sign contracts, subject ot medicals don’t they? If so, I guess the contract, or even the draft contract would constitute a job offer.

For those hoping for a quick announcement, the average time for a work permit is around three weeks currently! I guess sportspeople must get some kind of fast track though, given the speed some of the PL transfers seem to go through at.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

Would suit us, good player wanted him before he went to wba, much prefer to buy though and would wba let him go to a rival doubtful.  Nice to see a midfielder linked however.

2 minutes ago, scotty189 said:

Would suit us, good player wanted him before he went to wba, much prefer to buy though and would wba let him go to a rival doubtful.  Nice to see a midfielder linked however.

I did question this, but he wasn't a Bruce signing and I don't see him starting too often. 

We lent a rival a player last season and that worked out pretty well for us (financially)...

2 minutes ago, JonnyMFC said:

I dont think a players build comes into play when he has both feet off the ground.

The ref cancelled the game, not the club, there is a difference!

Coventry would probably argue it was out of their control anyway.

They sub-lease the ground from Wasps RU. Wasps are in dire financial straits and letting ground out to others as often as they can, and probably have bare minimum of staff to maintain it. EFL might hold Coventry responsible, but in reality they probs lay couldn’t do a anything. They say they tried to get use of another ground but it was the recent rugby that created the problem and they didn’t have time to make other arrangements. As I said before CC owners have put club up for sale, so that someone can buy it and the lease from Wasps at same time.

1 minute ago, nunthorpered said:

Working our way down that barrel 

Could you name many better left footed box to box centre mids in the championship? Don’t think I could 

• Like 7
2 minutes ago, scotty189 said:

west brom have mowett on the bench and livermore playing. madness lol. bruce is utterly useless. i bet west brom will be high in the table until the player get sick of him and they will drop off a cliff. 

2 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Loaning an out of favour player from WBA they paid nothing for a year ago. How short sighted is that. And why would WBA even contemplate that. 

I’d rather buy but a loan might suggest we have bigger money going elsewhere. West Brom get a player not really being used out and Bruce gets someone he wants in?

Also you say paid nothing for him as if he wouldn’t have been worth close to £10m if he was under contract at Barnsley 

4 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Loaning an out of favour player from WBA they paid nothing for a year ago. How short sighted is that. And why would WBA even contemplate that. 

Think they may have just lost Dike for awhile. Free up wages for a replacement maybe?

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?