oneBoro Forum

TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo

Would be great to have Groningen realise that they can't keep an unhappy player so that we can get it wrapped up. He's certainly made it clear that he is not happy. But Groningen could also bank on him wanting to improve and keep the interest in himself alive and not sulk and play bad. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate people are going to dismiss my information and think I'm full of ****  but thought I would post this because of mixed reaction and comments which I fully understand where you are all comi

Sorry everyone, I can't go into too much detail atm with what I have been informed so that's why I'm not responding to everyone's posts. Larsen was there again today and trained. Not sure what th

When Scott came we were all dreaming of him finding a Pukki for us, a player who had seriously underwhelmed in his career before Norwich. Now we are having meltdowns because that is exactly what the C

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Tarmo Kink Army said:

Get Larsen in as we have power in the move now so they might take lower 

They still hold the aces though with three years left on his contract. I doubt the player will drop performances if he wants to keep interest alive. 

4 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Would be great to have Groningen realise that they can't keep an unhappy player so that we can get it wrapped up. He's certainly made it clear that he is not happy. But Groningen could also bank on him wanting to improve and keep the interest in himself alive and not sulk and play bad. 

The issue they'd have with that tactic then is even if he did improve (he could easily have an off season) he'd be in the last year of his contract, that'll just about half his value either way. Couldn't see him signing a new contract. 

Edit: didn't realise they had the option of another year in the contract... makes their hand a bit stronger.

14 minutes ago, LBP said:

Mowatt's brilliant I think, not sure how realistic he is to sign but I'm sure Barnsley fans would have him over Styles 

he'd be class for us either in howsons role or either of the others.

1 minute ago, Foogle said:

The issue they'd have with that tactic then is even if he did improve (he could easily have an off season) he'd be in the last year of his contract, that'll just about half his value either way. Couldn't see him signing a new contract.

Sounds like a similar situation we had with Tav, maybe not as desperate to leave but going into the last year of his contract and most likely pushing for the move behind the scenes.

• Like 1

I can see the Larsen deal going to the final day. It sounds to me like he doing his best to force Groningen's hand without coming across as being an *** and just downing tools.  If it comes down the the final day or 2 and they haven't admitted defeat, then he puts in the transfer request and we swoop in.

1 minute ago, NorwichBoro said:

Matthew hoppe is now following the barber all the Middlesbrough players use as well, that man’s 100% in the building 

Hopefully the barber has dyed his hair back brown and got rid of that awful blonde wig 

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

he'd be class for us either in howsons role or either of the others.

Yeah definitely mate I remember he and Lewis Cook used to boss us when we played Leeds, that's Clayton and Leadbitter we had back then as well

They've got that bite we lack but very good footballers still

Just now, JonnyMFC said:

I can see the Larsen deal going to the final day. It sounds to me like he doing his best to force Groningen's hand without coming across as being an *** and just downing tools.  If it comes down the the final day or 2 and they haven't admitted defeat, then he puts in the transfer request and we swoop in.

just protecting his severance payment probs at agents advice. club is odds on using the time as leverage to try and push him towards giving in so they don't have to pay him out and can keep the whole fee.

2 minutes ago, Rob said:

just protecting his severance payment probs at agents advice. club is odds on using the time as leverage to try and push him towards giving in so they don't have to pay him out and can keep the whole fee.

Probably!

It's a dangerous game from our standpoint, If what i think is correct then there is no doubt in my mind that we will be aware of his intentions and are holding off going for anyone else, but if Groningen dig their heels in then we need a back up plan that we can implement on the final day.

11 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

Sounds like a similar situation we had with Tav, maybe not as desperate to leave but going into the last year of his contract and most likely pushing for the move behind the scenes.

As Foogle edited in, they actually have an option, so in essence he still has 3 years of his contract left.

Watching a few YouTube’s  and of what I’ve seen live of him, I reckon Uche is a handful who’d score goals in the Dutch league…..if he fancies going the other way maybe we could include him in the Larsen deal if Groningen also fancy it. I don’t believe that graphic above about the eredivisie being better than the championship. I reckon a lot of the championship teams beat all bar the top 3/4 Dutch teams 9 times out of 10. (Ditto Portuguese league). Anyway, I’m sure it’s been thought of by those involved already. 

FWIW, I also don’t think we’ve dealt with Uche very well to be honest. We and he knows he doesn’t fit our playing style direction of travel but I think he’d be better here training rather than an outcast. Sends out all the wrong messages for me how we’ve dealt with a decent bloke and a useful in the right team (but not us) player/professional, it’s a bit shoddy imo, and by not having him here training as a ‘valued’ part of the group we’ve hamstrung ourselves as to how other teams will view him too.

Edited by El Guapo
  • Like 1
20 minutes ago, NorwichBoro said:

Matthew hoppe is now following the barber all the Middlesbrough players use as well, that man’s 100% in the building 

Who is this barber? I want to use him. If he charges £10.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, JonnyMFC said:

Probably!

It's a dangerous game from our standpoint, If what i think is correct then there is no doubt in my mind that we will be aware of his intentions and are holding off going for anyone else, but if Groningen dig their heels in then we need a back up plan that we can implement on the final day.

would imagine we still looking elsewhere as well though

• Tom changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Still Going For Just a Little Luongo
  • Borodane changed the title to TeaCider's Summer Transfer Thread 2022 - AKA: Frank deal tanked?